José Gaspar

Question: what does it take to actually claim an Island

What will it take to actually claim an island.   Will you have to keep all non-company people off for 10 minutes?

If that is true, it will be VERY difficult to take a large island, every single resident will be a contester.    With the alliance limits they cannot all become allies. 

While the declaim process will be ok, although there will be many places to hide next to impossible to find them all.

You will probably have to destroy the tax bank thats linked to the claim flag to "contest" it ?

Or maybe build one of your own.

Edited by Zlax

I hope the Devlopers explain the mechanics before live.  Under existing rules only time island will be claimed is when you get in server and others are blocked.

On 3/2/2019 at 10:10 AM, José Gaspar said:

Will you have to keep all non-company people off for 10 minutes?

that'll be hard to do since every island can be re spawned on without the need for a bed. 

you need to build a bank before you can attempt a claim. i am betting that other will also need to build a bank before they can contest the claim.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:19 PM, BurgsideTiger said:

that'll be hard to do since every island can be re spawned on without the need for a bed. 

Not exactly, each zone can be respawned in without the need for a boat. this could mean a random island or always the same island. You can set hometown for each zone, likely there will be (a) a cooldown and (b) no way to choose the exact island you will be spawning on. 

Will be fun in begin. Killing everyone, chat spam with name calling and then if you win you have to smooth talk everyone to help you to keep the upkeep.  You need at least a small company, members kill all other players and 1 is lvling to get the skill points to make bank.

For PvP I like the system till you lose and have to live like a slave for landlord.  But it's better then the pvb like before. 

If pve stays almost the same I will try PvP. If it doesn't work for me then I hope amazone Will release new world fast.

We will know how it works exactly when they release it on ptr which means 20th.

To claim an island before anyone else has claimed it I believe it will simply be to place down a tax bank so you can place a claim flag. There may still be a claim flag time before it is placed, but as for other people contesting on the land I doubt that will be the case this time round. If you think about it, for the first person to claim an island they will need to be at a certain level, unlocked tax bank, gone to or spawned on an island that has gems and make a tax bank, then go to the island they want to claim.

In the meantime, people are spawning on islands, or travelling to islands and placing down structures. There's no way players will be able to contest the laying of the flag if people are allowed to build on the island before the claim.

In PvE, people are better off placing structures down before a settlement owner comes along as I assume they'll miss the 12 hour window so should be safe.

As for stealing a claim on PvP, no idea on that one, that's a question to be answered in PTR I guess.

I was under the impression that the spawn in any zone thing was for the Anarchy update.  Is that rule carrying over till after the wipe?  Was that confirmed?  I thought Anarchy rules were independent from the rules for v21.  

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

I was under the impression that the spawn in any zone thing was for the Anarchy update.  Is that rule carrying over till after the wipe?  Was that confirmed?  I thought Anarchy rules were independent from the rules for v21.  

This was in the Captain's Log before last.

- Following the wipe and the potential for freeports to be overloaded, we’ll be temporarily enabling setting any ATLAS server as your homeserver. Additionally, we’ll most likely create a respawn on current server option too.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:37 PM, MajorAvatar said:

Not exactly, each zone can be respawned in without the need for a boat. this could mean a random island or always the same island. You can set hometown for each zone, likely there will be (a) a cooldown and (b) no way to choose the exact island you will be spawning on. 

I may have mis-represented here . . . . i haven't read the new change logs, and most likely won't until the 20th. So I stand corrected on this one.