Sign in to follow this  
Sadie Blackhawk

Gimme Gimme Generation

21 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

No YOU actually paid to see someone elses vision come to life in an Early Access/Uncompleted Game. If you think your $30 pays a yearly salary for anyone your severely wrong. That's not even a full days worth of meals for most families. However $30 will pay for a 10 slot server for 2 months through survival servers. But your only gonna get one grid. 

Things i've learned in life-People are replaceable. 

No Developer is making Games to make their Vision come to life. It's all about the money.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:59 PM, Writhes said:

Your title is click baity as fuck considering the main complaint is that people don't want to lose progress they earned themselves. No one is asking for free shit here. There will always be problems in the game and many of those will be questionably worth a wipe to some people but that doesn't mean a wipe should occur every time something is messed up. This is a product of laziness on the developments part. Not wanting address the problems with precision and choosing nuke everything for the sake of making their jobs easier.

What happens when islands are changed again or new biomes are added again. Should this dictate more wipes and cause players to lose hours and hours of discoveries, tames, buildings, ships, etc...? The developers could reassign existing discoveries to new islands and recycle things in a way where at the very least "pathfinders" do not have to be wiped.

Oh dude! you read my thoughts.

How it's possible that game dev's think about "people will keep playing", if there will be a wipe each couple of months? This game is so HUGE and with a lot of things to do and a huge map for exploration, people put a lot of time and effort getting their stuffs and sailing and explore discovery places for upgrade his character and all the painful taming mechanics...to listen the message from dev's: hey guys, in a couple of weeks, you're going to lose everything.

For me, it's ok THIS wipe, is kind of neccesary to clean all the f_cking claim land and to put more islands, and i'm excited to play after wipe, BUT, maybe more wipes in a near future will be a kick in the balls.

Glad to read you sir!

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Yeah dude. Conan’s building system is awesome. I am actually currently playing it since I had never really given it a chance since I was playing ark the whole time. 

Turns out it is a pretty good game. Some of the stuff I saw people build was insane.

since the devs know that s+ is very popular I am sure the will try to implement it into atlas as well.

I was actually looking at reinstalling it this morning for something to do. I can't begrudge conan. I've put about 2k hours into it. Farming thralls does get a bit boring after awhile. I see they added the new Pict pack. Last time I played was on the testing servers for the pets introduction. They still had a lot of problem with the purges functioning correctly which was kinda a downfall. If you are one of the lucky ones to get one. They are loads of fun.

Not sure if they are still talking of implementing sorcery into it. But its my fallback game since i'm seriously Ark'd out.  Dark and Light left a very sour taste in my mouth. One of the few games I gave a bad review to. But I just couldn't stomach losing yet another teleporting tame and having to farm bosses to make a saddle on an animal that literally got stuck in terrain within a day. That's another one that I should probably give another chance to. Shortly after I finally raged out they did fix the teleporting into mesh issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luck0r said:

No Developer is making Games to make their Vision come to life. It's all about the money.

Developers are vision. Corporations are money. Think about every modder out there. Do they do it for the money. No they do it for the sheer enjoyment of creating something. Do you really think the guys who originally started Ark in a garage/basement whatever said HEY this game is gonna make us a lot of money. No they said. Hey ya know we should make a game about taming dinosaurs. I think it'd be a cool idea. No one else is doing it. 

They got the shit kicked out of them by the sheer amount of people that said Hey this is a fantastic idea and they still have the player base to go with it.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 6:07 PM, Bandit_Black said:

Your first problem is that you play PVE.

How is that a problem?

1 hour ago, Luck0r said:

That is just not true. Some of the greatest games out there were made by developers with their vision.
And to get a taste of what "all about the money" brings you can play Fallout 76.

Even now there are many great games that are successful and make people want to play them that are made by enthusiasts.
Remember Telltale? They started by making their vision come to life and were successful with their first games. And then it became about the money and where did they end up at?
But certainly some money have been had. Like ith that guy that was fired from Microsoft and proceeeded to bancrupt Nokia. The company may have suffered, but upper management including himself earned enough in the process.

It is NOT always about the money. Sometimes the vision is what makes great games.

2 hours ago, Icedlance said:

That is just not true. Some of the greatest games out there were made by developers with their vision.
And to get a taste of what "all about the money" brings you can play Fallout 76.

Even now there are many great games that are successful and make people want to play them that are made by enthusiasts.
Remember Telltale? They started by making their vision come to life and were successful with their first games. And then it became about the money and where did they end up at?
But certainly some money have been had. Like ith that guy that was fired from Microsoft and proceeeded to bancrupt Nokia. The company may have suffered, but upper management including himself earned enough in the process.

It is NOT always about the money. Sometimes the vision is what makes great games.

Sometimes. The Amount of DLCs for Ark show either they have a Lot of Visions or its indeed all about the money.