Sign in to follow this  
Sneakydude

Dont replace planks or remove them

9 minutes ago, bluelance said:

I dont understand what the title has to do with you missing planks?

Replacing or removing them. Do not remove them until the devs can confirm its broken as intended LOL Its all new issue today

why would player remove planks ? once ship is built u remove planks u sink ? not sure what your thread is about 

I assume you put planks in and changed your mind and wanted gunports or whatever so tried to swap them and couldn't replace them am I right? Well I haven't played for awhile after leaving a few weeks ago now but I don't plan to play until the server wipe anyway.

I'm looking forward to playing with the new system, makes a change from all those spammed flags everywhere and red circles.

• Like 1

Just now, MrMagoo said:

I assume you put planks in and changed your mind and wanted gunports or whatever so tried to swap them and couldn't replace them am I right? Well I haven't played for awhile after leaving a few weeks ago now but I don't plan to play until the server wipe anyway.

I'm looking forward to playing with the new system, makes a change from all those spammed flags everywhere and red circles.

Naw was replacing the standard ones with gun ports would not place no matter what. Removed all cannons, ai everything the only thing left is removing planks. Waited even the 2 minutes and nothing tried planks beside it.

Come on guys this is normal replacement of planks.... this isn't brain science.

So we have a screenshot of missing planks, and the op saying blah blah don't remove or replace planks.

Its probably a good idea to be you know clear in why people shouldn't do that. Maybe what server you're on etc etc.

One could assume its possibly because you are unable to put planks back, but then that would draw questions. Is it possible your company is over the global boat limit ? etc etc

30 minutes ago, Korin said:

So we have a screenshot of missing planks, and the op saying blah blah don't remove or replace planks.

Its probably a good idea to be you know clear in why people shouldn't do that. Maybe what server you're on etc etc.

One could assume its possibly because you are unable to put planks back, but then that would draw questions. Is it possible your company is over the global boat limit ? etc etc

Confirmed a little while ago was working, it was or could be one of those bugs that does not effect everyone. Ive salvaged the ship going to make a new one and try it again. It was right after the updates last night that this happened this morning. Also noticed AI was standing in the field, with Unseat but never assign to cannon or anything. Very fustrating when this all went down.

If you build ships you know what i am referring too, if you do not know what that screen shot means then i suggest you try in mid flight, pull a plank off and test it. My attempts where so botched at placing, the gun port over the standard plank i did replace last night. It was my goal to add 2 more gun ports back in today since i ran out last night of them.

Its a good warning so you dont lose your ship like i just did. Brand new lvl 50 ship i couldn't do anything with.... so frustrating. If you lose your ship in the water while under battle, then sorry you didn't listen to my warnings.

Take it with a grain of salt then, good luck to you if it fails HAHAH

Again this is not brain science, if you do not understand you might want to be careful not to lose planks until others start to comment on its broken for them too. Ill test again and see if it was a bad download patch file or something.

Losing a ship this way is not cool on anyone.

3 hours ago, UDO said:

why would player remove planks ? once ship is built u remove planks u sink ? not sure what your thread is about 

Other people can remove via battle. The new update completely stop players from being able to fill holes in their boat for much longer durations because the developers were lazy and irresponsible allowing a new mechanic intended for island/ground based structures to effect planks on ships.

The problem was that people would constantly replace walls and ceiling etc from the inside making raiding almost impossible on a small scale. The devs tried to fix this but screwed up boat structures in the process.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Writhes said:

Other people can remove via battle. The new update completely stop players from being able to fill holes in their boat for much longer durations because the developers were lazy and irresponsible allowing a new mechanic intended for island/ground based structures to effect planks on ships.

The problem was that people would constantly replace walls and ceiling etc from the inside making raiding almost impossible on a small scale. The devs tried to fix this but screwed up boat structures in the process.

Thanks for clearing that up 🙂 I just didn't know what the op meant specifically was all. Most of us aren't even playing till the wipe anyway lol

10 hours ago, Writhes said:

So some how i got myself into a bug related to this. No combat and was my built boat this morning. All i did was try to replace standard ports to gun ports but it locked me completely from doing anything. Only option was to remove cannons and ai etc.. then standard ports. I waited way longer then 5 minutes as i had max ship sinking on. So it was a bug that i am happy i posted for others to becareful with. Sucked for me because it was a new boat, lvl 50 and i was re fitting it with mastercraft planks etc.. never got that chance but i still have the planks thank gawd.!!!!

Really sucked to be me. I tried every last option and still got the red X

they reduces the build limit on ships. If your current build is above the build limit you will not be able to replace a removed or lost item until you fall below the new build limit. Planks, Masts, Cannons and Decks all count against the build limit. 

Edited by Skyroguen