Sign in to follow this  
xenobiaa

Wiper servers earlier.

Why not wipe the servers in a week rather than the end of the month? and why announce the wipe a month before? just rip the band aid off and wipe the servers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lets forget about the fact they've already announced the wipe, that's happened, no point dwelling on it.

Also lets think properly about this before making silly statements. They can't wipe until the big March update comes, why? Because the big March update brings the new system that requires the wipe. That big March update is not ready to be released.

So lets ask you, why you think wiping servers in a week makes any sense whatsoever?

1 hour ago, xenobiaa said:

Why not wipe the servers in a week rather than the end of the month? and why announce the wipe a month before? just rip the band aid off and wipe the servers.

Fully agree, stop that pointless apocalypse nonsense.

@[GP] Guybrush Threepwood 

First things first; I love your avatar and name, The Secret of Monkey Island was the shit back in the 90s, and one of the first games I ever played.
Second, I agree with OP... To an extent. I'm 100% for the wipe, and I understand that it's tied in with the impending update. Having said that, the devs handled this in a way that was nothing less than moronic. It would have been SO much smarter to drop the wipe notice 2-3 days before they were ready to implement it. All they would have had to do is announce a particularly juicy event (Like the POINTLESS x6 currently going)  upon the wipe. There would have been a lot of butthurt players, but they would have been able to set their frustrations to purpose redeveloping the characters they lost. As with all unpalatable circumstances, the waiting is generally the worst part.

I just started playing in February, and my interest in this game already borders obsession. I have a stable full of level 44 wild lvls (Bears, Rhinos, Elephants, Giraffe, Wolves, Cows) I've spent hundreds of hours farming and weeding through bad stat roll animals to obtain. I haven't logged in for days, and I'm not even concerned with tasks such as feeding and sustaining what I spent literally weeks obtaining, because it feels like I'm climbing a hill KNOWING that I will be pushed down face-first when I near the top. 

I have 0 doubts that I will play this game fervently after the wipe, but they've ruined their game for an entire month, and broadcast it to an already majorly unsatisfied player base. My whole frustration is that I love this game, straight up, and meanwhile the devs are trying their hardest to kill it just to bring in some more "Fast friend" customers.

PS the cosmetic hat is a joke, looks like shit, and serves no purpose other than showing off that you've wasted more time than those without.

14 minutes ago, Novarus said:

@[GP] Guybrush Threepwood 

First things first; I love your avatar and name, The Secret of Monkey Island was the shit back in the 90s, and one of the first games I ever played.
Second, I agree with OP... To an extent. I'm 100% for the wipe, and I understand that it's tied in with the impending update. Having said that, the devs handled this in a way that was nothing less than moronic. It would have been SO much smarter to drop the wipe notice 2-3 days before they were ready to implement it.

Yeah it was one of the first games I ever played too!

As for the OP, the OP is saying why they don't wipe in a week instead of a month. They are saying the Devs should wipe in a week.

The post by the OP has nothing to do with asking why it has to wait or about how poorly the Devs dealt with this, he's asking for it to be wiped in a week. That's why I said what I said. Your points are very valid and I agree with them, but that's not what the OP is getting at.

Just the same as Talono, he's saying he agrees and it should be done in a week. My point is not about how it was handled but the idiocy over saying it should be done in a week when there is very clear reasons why it can't.

Seriously like there's no point to logging in if we know everything doesn't matter. One company mate said it best. Its like taking a mythic rifle and shooting cows. I went and Leeroy'd a harbor sinking 3 Galleons and getting out after dumping 2k cannonballs on many ships. It was completely unsatisfying because none of it matters if its going to be wiped.

This is why we play official, the core reason.

Please get to the wipe asap so we can get back to playing.

Thank you

Edited by Korin
  • Thanks 1

The feeling of no progress is killing the will of playing for me. Will try end of month but think this change is not enough. I'm for wipe but did not expect I lose the will of playing because I see no progress now.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Korin said:

Seriously like there's no point to logging in if we know everything doesn't matter. One company mate said it best. Its like taking a mythic rifle and shooting cows. I went and Leeroy'd a harbor sinking 3 Galleons and getting out after dumping 2k cannonballs on many ships. It was completely unsatisfying because none of it matters if its going to be wiped.

This is why we play official, the core reason.

Please get to the wipe asap so we can get back to playing.

Thank you

The wipe is not coming before 20th March, people gotta accept that.

29 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

The feeling of no progress is killing the will of playing for me. Will try end of month but think this change is not enough. I'm for wipe but did not expect I lose the will of playing because I see no progress now.

You may not have the will to keep playing now, but what's wrong with taking a 3 week break from playing? If you lose interest in those 3 weeks then you never really had an interest in playing in the first place.

13 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You may not have the will to keep playing now, but what's wrong with taking a 3 week break from playing? If you lose interest in those 3 weeks then you never really had an interest in playing in the first place.

Maybe the game did not have given me the experience enough to hold my interest long enough. Our made wrong decisions that made me lose my interest. 

If you sell it as A and turn it in to B is not my fault, then it is there fault. But we will see at end of the month, there are enough other games that probably want my money and fullfil my interest to keep playing.

But for now I see something I see as positive but there also some negative that outweigh the positive for ME. 

If you are ok with it then I am happy for you. Keep playing and have your fun, that is a good thing. I hope I get my fun to.

Edited by awakatanka

Ok OP has a good point, already friends i am leagued with here are not going to play the game until the wipe is done. They have no willpower to log in and play the final days. Unofficial for sure, same deal for them.

Please wipe as soon as you can guys, and yes i am in full agreement. However it should have been done right after you discovered by the "Users" that duping and exploiting was done.

• Like 1