Sign in to follow this  
Alasson

About Settlement cohabitation and alliance limit

I found a little nosense in the devs word. They want to improve cooperation between Small companies and large ones. To do that they incentive Islands owners to make small companies live in their islands, STILL they limit the max number of allied companies you can have. So all that small companies living under the safe "roof" will be seen as enemy (red) by the Island owner, who has more interest to be ally with competitive group instead of casual groups.

There is a problem here!

A possible solution could be create another category "friendly company", you see their name light blue, you don't share a chat with them and you can set npc to not fire on them.

In this way big companies can ally with other competitive companies and have as friend the small one, they can still defend their most valuable area setting the npc to fire also friend, and they can share valuable information on ally chat without the fear of an insider in a less controlled company.

Tell me what you think about that 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's actually a good idea. Something to fix the issue is needed

Well you could use one Alliance for other Settlements and one Alliance for the members of your own Settlement. But that gets complicated/impossible the moment you get a second island.
I think it would be nice to have something in between enemy and ally that is ONLY for Companys on your Settlement.
"Settler" would be neat 🙂
press [E] "Invite to Settlement"
They appear as yellow, not red and thats it!

becoming an ally is precious because of the limit. I agree that you want companys that have some value. I wouldn't mind little factions who want to build cute villages. They pay tax after all 😄
But if my settlement is being attacked by someone I want to know who is friend and who is foe.
Otherwise it would force small companys to merge into bigger ones. Maybe that's the reason?

16 hours ago, Kappinski said:

Well you could use one Alliance for other Settlements and one Alliance for the members of your own Settlement. But that gets complicated/impossible the moment you get a second island.
I think it would be nice to have something in between enemy and ally that is ONLY for Companys on your Settlement.
"Settler" would be neat 🙂
press [E] "Invite to Settlement"
They appear as yellow, not red and thats it!

becoming an ally is precious because of the limit. I agree that you want companys that have some value. I wouldn't mind little factions who want to build cute villages. They pay tax after all 😄
But if my settlement is being attacked by someone I want to know who is friend and who is foe.
Otherwise it would force small companys to merge into bigger ones. Maybe that's the reason?

Exactly what the OP was saying we need another way to mark company as friendly (for cohabitation) or the ally limit will be a problem. I found it a major problem if not solved.

I like also the settler idea

Edited by Alias

Use the same formulas military uses:

Blue=Squad

Red=Enemy

Green=Neutral 

Purple=Civilian

Yellow can be Army ally Taste the rainbow!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

• Haha 1

I would like to read something more about the next patch by devs. to solve this and other issues

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Alasson said:

I would like to read something more about the next patch by devs. to solve this and other issues

You got what you were wishing! We got a neutral tag now 😛

• Like 1