MeatSammich

We are PvE/Claim issues and solutions

Where is many way to implement PvP into PvE server. If player can destroy you ship by spamming foundations so I call PvP, if player can block your base I call it PvP. If they can spam thousands foundations just to block to build I call it PvP. PvP - it doesn’t have to be to kill player but it can be done in other form witch affect other player. Someone propose that 25 flags for company if you have < 25 player in company. But you need to think what every player can have own company so in that case it would be 25 flags for player. If they want to remove flags so in that case it must to employ full time GM who is going to solve in game issues and put some game rules.

Some suggestion which I propose in this topic 

Edited by Robotukas

11 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Just wanted to chime in here to let you guys know we are actively reading the threads, our discord servers, tweets, reddit posts, etc. We consume feedback from every where and not one place takes a priority over another. Typically we tend to do our big announcement/changes over our Captain's Log, as we're able to funnel people into one location where they can see what we're planning.

As for the PvE specific feedback, we are discussing as a team, based on the feedback and suggestions you've provided about our initial proposal and we're open to making changes. So certainly keep it coming as we do appreciate it 🙂

Edit: Dollie beat me to the punch 😛. I am hoping that we'll be able to share more info with you guys soon, based on what we decide to do but you have all certainly raised some valid concerns over the past few days.

Yes just please don't keep with the same old flag spamming where nobody gets land please. I don't like the system as it is and that's why most left (no land)

I will be happy with 1 free flag each and have to buy another for alot of gold or just limit the flags, I can live with that but what I can't live with is the constant flag spamming where everyone loses out.

I'll look forward to seeing more players return then, hopefully.

2 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Yes just please don't keep with the same old flag spamming where nobody gets land please. I don't like the system as it is and that's why most left (no land)

I will be happy with 1 free flag each and have to buy another for alot of gold or just limit the flags, I can live with that but what I can't live with is the constant flag spamming where everyone loses out.

I'll look forward to seeing more players return then, hopefully.

PVE ,limit flag claims add upkeep cost , job done i cannot see how much simpler the solution can be ..

6 flags per company up to 25 members , 6-12 flags  up to 25 members - 25 flags for  50 members + , all issues solved plenty of land for everyone 

6 hours ago, CazzT said:

Discord is nice and all, but some (many?) of us don't frequent discord.  Picking a random thread every few days with concerns from Page 1 of the 3 Main forums (general discussion, PvE Gen Disc, and PvP Gen Disc) and dropping in to say "We're listening" and perhaps an update of ideas you're throwing around can go a looooooooooooong way.

Thanks again for the post, Jat and Dollie.

I echo the thanks.

The problem with discord is that it's synchronous while the forums are asynchronous.  If you're not on discord at precisely the time the conversation is happening, you don't get to participate.  Devs are likely to be on there during their workdays (or possibly at night).  It leaves people out who might otherwise have something good to add to the conversation.

The forums are also good for coalescing the group opinion.  Everyone puts their initial 2 cents in, and after a day or two, people have starting to change their opinions based on what others have said.  This is because the conversation takes longer, people step away and come back, there's some breathing room and time to think.  

• Like 2

My single biggest issue is spamming.  Flag spamming, then foundation & shipyard spam in lawless.

There isn't a solution for either.

Will have to see what happens post update / during beta.  

Also on any island I visited, lawless and claimed land equally, people were just trolling others and building over treasure spawn points, and hutting off metal nodes.  One company walled off an entire portion of island, no way in.  I think when people behave like that, it's not the games fault, it's the games problem.  We're not kindergarten kids, we know what is, and not in the spirit of the game, so why do people act like buffoons?  You answer that and you have the solution.

Edited by Vorxius
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vorxius said:

My single biggest issue is spamming.  Flag spamming, then foundation & shipyard spam in lawless.

There isn't a solution for either.

Will have to see what happens post update / during beta.  

Also on any island I visited, lawless and claimed land equally, people were just trolling others and building over treasure spawn points, and hutting off metal nodes.  One company walled off an entire portion of island, no way in.  I think when people behave like that, it's not the games fault, it's the games problem.  We're not kindergarten kids, we know what is, and not in the spirit of the game, so why do people act like buffoons?  You answer that and you have the solution.

A game is just a microcosm of the population at large, where some people want to help others every chance they get, the majority just want to be left alone to do their own thing, but some people just want to watch the world burn. Anonymity and lack of repercussions allows a certain percentage of the population turn into flaming assholes, and it doesn't take many of them to ruin things for the greater population as a whole.

Boredom is another reason, some people are playing, and didn't find the game entertaining, but didn't have anything better to do, so they decided that if they weren't happy while playing, then no one around them could be happy.

Because they can, is what I'm trying to say, I guess.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Archsenex said:

Make auto repair only work on contiguous structures and isolated structures decay faster.   A single pillar or foundation is 10 minutes.   Enough for a trap is a day (same with a resource block hut).   A full base then yeah let it last a long time. 

So you are saying you prefer to be blocked in by sidewalks?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, krazmuze said:

So you are saying you prefer to be blocked in by sidewalks?

I  kind of envisioned shopping center architecture with everything having to touch everything else....and sidewalks running in between everything.

I ve posted this already but i want to share this with you guys what i ve worked out for our problems which we have in pve, because the concept the devs worked feels not playable and unfair.

Solutions:

-Keep claimflags in pve limit them to  5-20(depends on amount of company member) per grid and 20 in total per company. Enemy structures. ships, animals or npcs, dont block claiming of an area. All enemy structures and animals on your claim are able to beeing demolished or taken over after 1 hour. Enemy claims cant beeing placed in a short distance to your claim, except you are in an alliance, than your claims can be next to each other.

-keep building everywhere with auto decay and demolish after  5hours, if not on your claim(dont forget we will have to build everywhere to kill animals and monsters)

-removing of water claims

-make ships not gettin damaged on water if they are in a distance to an island.

-unlimited amount of alliances in PVE

-give ships the ability to drive through other ships in pve. 

• Like 1

Please adjust the PVE stance, if you allow building everywhere you are either going to end up with foundation spam or its going to be so expensive to upkeep your structures that it prevents those who love to build bases (a large chunk of Atlas/Ark) as they will have to be mindlessly farming to upkeep their castle.

There is no middle ground. People will be building on resource spawns with little or nothing to do about it.

THE SOLUTION!!!

1. Limit claim flags to 1 per person.
2. Increase the claim flag size to roughly halfway between the current sea claim and current land claim size.

There is plenty of land in Atlas today in PVE if you exclude the select few who own 100+ flags.
Everyone wins.

1. It solves the land grab and lack of land to claim
2. It allows companies to protect valuable resource spawns
3. It prevents pillar spam
4. It removes the need to endlessly grind resources to afford the upkeep
5. You still have a place to make your own, to build on as you wish without being impeded by your neighbor

So much more, the system works, just limit us all to 1 claim flag per person.

We love this game, we love to build & breed, you fixed breeding, now don't make it so that we are all stuck with tiny little bases as its so expensive to maintain.

If you make it too inexpensive to maintain then we get pillar spam.
Either way, we lose, please, keep the flag system, just modify it, 1 per person is plenty!!!! and there is enough space for it and more!

First of all, I am using Google Translator because I am Korean. I hope my thoughts will be conveyed correctly.

I don't know why people are obsessed with flags at the pve server.Didn't you decide to delete the flag?
Does it work if you use your thoughts here? It's not.

After the news of the patch, many people were worried about the pillars and foundations, so I thought about it.

Most fundamentally, the easiest way to do this is to limit the poles, the foundations, the fences per person. For example, 200 per person.

I think 200 are enough for buildings for homes and animals. Here
That's what happens when the number of people at the company increases.

Instead, there's a condition. The thing that doesn't connect is to be demolished, and it's to be built.
The pillars, the foundations, the fences don't get the resources, but if someone else removes them,
200% of the resources are returned.Well, the producer can change the numbers.)

Anyway, the house, the animal storage area, and the way to the shipyard. Wouldn't it be a real psychopath to set up a pillar in front of someone else's house rather than where you have to live right now?

Now, the pve server doesn't have any flags, right? What if I apply a radius to the automatic repair box?
The building's radius is back on track.

What do you think? Can you imagine?
There will be no island where the whole island is a pillar, and anyone can demolish it, even if a pillar that can be demolished is blocked by someone else'
There is a lack of basic building to be assigned to homes and animal sites right

You think they're gonna go around and set up a pillar?

-----------

More
This should include all kinds of small and large doors.
There's a lot of non-manner behavior on the door as well as on the pillar.

Edited by mishma

It is intended that not everybody gets their own Land. In many cases the landowner was more the Problem than the actual System. Saw Islands owned by a Single Person but no allowence to Build there. Our Company got 8 Flags And we Build Big And left some Space for Tannents And to keep Ressourcen safe

7 hours ago, zottel said:

It is intended that not everybody gets their own Land. In many cases the landowner was more the Problem than the actual System. Saw Islands owned by a Single Person but no allowence to Build there. Our Company got 8 Flags And we Build Big And left some Space for Tannents And to keep Ressourcen safe

Yeah, this was one of the secondary causes of the land issue. They severely underestimated the amount of land people would claim, and severely overestimated the number of people who would tenant on other people's land. The fact that the tenant system was pretty broken in the landowner's favor, and tenants had 0 protections, and tenants structures still had 4 day demolish timers did absolutely no favors to the planned system.

A system where you had to set a percentage of your land over a certain amount as buildable, once someone had built there the land was the tenants in everything but taxes and flag reset, the tenant couldn't be kicked off for anything other than non-logon, no tertiary group would be allowed to build there, and if the claim timer went to 0, it would become the tenant's automatically, would have mitigated the situation a lot.

53 minutes ago, MeatSammich said:

Yeah, this was one of the secondary causes of the land issue. They severely underestimated the amount of land people would claim, and severely overestimated the number of people who would tenant on other people's land. The fact that the tenant system was pretty broken in the landowner's favor, and tenants had 0 protections, and tenants structures still had 4 day demolish timers did absolutely no favors to the planned system.

A system where you had to set a percentage of your land over a certain amount as buildable, once someone had built there the land was the tenants in everything but taxes and flag reset, the tenant couldn't be kicked off for anything other than non-logon, no tertiary group would be allowed to build there, and if the claim timer went to 0, it would become the tenant's automatically, would have mitigated the situation a lot.

Yeah that would´ve helped alot, tho i understand that the landlords still should have some kind of protection over the tennants space. Like we absolutly dont want Giant Gate spam and such on our land and told our tennants beforehand we want a pretty running town build there. But preventing ugly stuff beeing build while also protecting builds from tennants seems almost impossible

• Like 1

A good idea could also be to let the developers Splits an Island Into so And so many claimflag territorys, that you always get a pre designed Territory And leave some places on Islands unclaimable so Ressources And treasure Maps And duscoverys cant be blocked anymore.  Also prevent overlapping And get the Most possible claim areas per Island 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zottel said:

A good idea could also be to let the developers Splits an Island Into so And so many claimflag territorys, that you always get a pre designed Territory And leave some places on Islands unclaimable so Ressources And treasure Maps And duscoverys cant be blocked anymore.  Also prevent overlapping And get the Most possible claim areas per Island 

Very good idea, but would require a lot of edits to each island and every grid. Would probably require a wipe to properly implement 🙂

2 hours ago, zottel said:

I like that idea of redefined areas, but is still needs a way to keep ownership with active players, such as reasonable claim limits and upkeep that can be only paid so far forward.

Also they should have some areas unclaimable, such a s high resource areas, rare resource locations and places maps are found.

Edited by José Gaspar

I just want an island to build my dream fort on and not have to sacrifice an arm and a leg to do upkeep on it.. That honestly sounds like it's not very solo or small crew friendly considering all the other things you have to constantly upkeep.. Ahh and then there it is.. This game is great but it just punishes you every step of the way with work work work.. And I don't even get paid.. Next thing they'll add is for you to have to upkeep the upkeep...

If everyone wants a poll, here ya go.

There are three. Please take the time to visit them to cast your votes, and share these links with anyone you know playing on official Atlas PvE servers. 

https://linkto.run/p/4C2XPGLC 

https://linkto.run/p/C9RG01FO

https://linkto.run/p/RX01WH5F

The Devs are welcome to check in on them (Please Do!!!!) to see the results. 

The PVE flag claim system was a joke. How can YOU own resources that everyone owns in them paying to play the game. This is an mmo NOT a sim like second life. War dec AND the ability to pirate the lawless ocean areas should be in the PVE. The flag claim system is not necessary and resource taxation is just a no go idea. Its really very simple. You build your foundation and that gives you a radius area that merely allows you to build infrastructure like in lawless. One foundation per island maybe, for anyone player and a set number of foundations and zones for foundations per island. 

Claims decay over time say 7 days, which means you have to log back into the game if you don't want your base demolishable etc. You want land ? Then you have to log in and upkeep your stake, its only fair. Most of the players with claims don't even log into the game, they just make their claim and log out its truly pathetic to be honest. The whining of the people on this forum when they and over time,WILL absolutely not log in every week. We also need freetown banks to hold our gear so if we log out and don't log in for a while, we don't lose our stuff. Aging of the chars is a joke in PVE. In PVP they should have a time span for conquest - each period say lasts a real time year and the winning corp is announced, perhaps wins a prize. Then the server is wiped and a new game starts. Let them do what they want basically. Prize money could be by asking for a corp entrance fee and winner takes all. 

PVE should entitle people to war dec imo, there should be an ability to pirate on the open ocean in lawless, perhaps with a marker against the character pirating, that stops them entering freetown ports but also makes them bountyable. IE other players can place a bounty on their heads. You will find that pirates set up their own companies and live on their own islands. Which of course they can protect as they will be in lawless zones. Player shops and trade is a must and with these additions to PVE you will finally have the foundation of a truly GREAT game and I haven't even started on underwater building etc. 

PVP - well let them do what they want I guess. (see above)

J

Edited by hands solo

7 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

I like that idea of redefined areas, but is still needs a way to keep ownership with active players, such as reasonable claim limits and upkeep that can be only paid so far forward.

Also they should have some areas unclaimable, such a s high resource areas, rare resource locations and places maps are found.

Ownership is by logging into the game . In lawless your 'claim ' decays over three days, I think this may be increased to 7 days and you claim is determined by the placement of your foundation. This is the only thing that is needed - period. you want land you have to log into the game to upkeep your claim - totally reasonable. 

J

8 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

Yeah keep the treasure Spots And high Ressource Ares unclaimable And Maybe Set the upkeep Timer on how many structures are build in it.  Like Single structures And foundations Dont count to prevent Spamming for upkeep. Maybe add a Bonus for landlords when they have tennants, as 15% tax And the missing 15% tax adds up to the gathering for the landowner. Just Need some Protection for tennants that they Dont Looses their home And let owner Pay the tennants if they Want them gone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zottel said:

Yeah keep the treasure Spots And high Ressource Ares unclaimable And Maybe Set the upkeep Timer on how many structures are build in it.  Like Single structures And foundations Dont count to prevent Spamming for upkeep. Maybe add a Bonus for landlords when they have tennants, as 15% tax And the missing 15% tax adds up to the gathering for the landowner. Just Need some Protection for tennants that they Dont Looses their home And let owner Pay the tennants if they Want them gone.

Totally!! This is possible through the current in game system -- Just have "pre-claimed" areas with no expiration (claimed by the game). The system takes care of the rest.