Sign in to follow this  
Maldreck

Devs Please Clarify the new changes seeing alot of confusion in forums...

This is how i understand it .Please Correct me if I'm wrong 

1.The  server Wipe ERASES EVERYTHING for the official servers   ships, structures, characters we all go back to day 1 

2. PvP and PvE Claim systems become completely different rulesets  .

On  PvE all server blocks that previously allowed claiming will become the same as lawless where everyone can build  only the enemy foundation  radius applies to where you can and cannot     build  there are no claim flags what so ever .You will have to upkeep all your blocks  via an automatic upkeep device you can build or alternatively  i assume by hand until you can build repair  thingy . Supposed to prevent  griefers from pegging huge areas stopping people from building .No settlements/claiming an island .

On PvP you get the settlements where a company may claim a whole  island  as long as they can afford the upkeep to hold it and fight off the raiders  during the 9 hour window .Company that claimed the Island in question is the landlord sets tax rates gets to decide who lives there ect..ect ... More people living on the Island makes  the upkeep for the landlords easier.