Luck0r

Ship sunk the second i logged in the Game

My new built Legendary Brig was sunk the Seconds i logged in today. Seems like a new Feature.

Ship was anchored in Base. (EU PVE)

GG Grapeshot.

Anyone else with this Problem?

Planks still full health, everything full health and i just got the message that it sunk when i logged in.

Edited by Luck0r
  • Like 1

Doesnot matter, in 3 weeks your ship would have gone anyway.

devs dont have time to fix bugs, they are busy annoying their customers with unneccessary wipes.

But at least you receive a fancy hat in exchange of your ship.

It was very necessary, the game was dead to new players as it was, sure it sucks ill have to rebuild but this is what we signed up for with EA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talono said:

Doesnot matter, in 3 weeks your ship would have gone anyway.

devs dont have time to fix bugs, they are busy annoying their customers with unneccessary wipes.

But at least you receive a fancy hat in exchange of your ship.

Does matter, 3 weeks i could have used it. The Wipe is fine for me, the bugs arent. The wipe would not make me quit, the bugs might. We will see.

2 hours ago, Luck0r said:

My new built Legendary Brig was sunk the Seconds i logged in today. Seems like a new Feature.

Ship was anchored in Base. (EU PVE)

GG Grapeshot.

Anyone else with this Problem?

Planks still full health, everything full health and i just got the message that it sunk when i logged in.

I got this last weekend, i fully rebuild my brig, used it and it was in the shipyard for a couple of hours. The servers went offline for the update, and when i logged back in it was at the bottom, everything still full health.

Edited by Abysian

Wipes are fine, it doesnt take too long to do something a second time once you know what your doing. The discovery points will be a pain though.

Bugs on the other hand should still be reported in the bugs section, just because it happened before a wipe doesnt mean it will not happen again after it. Which would invalidate your point of it doesnt matter.

Same thing just happened to me, my mate bought the game yesterday and we parked out schooner in safezone overnight. When i logged in i got the "ship sunk" message. Everything high hp and ship just chilling there half in water... 

My mate is 100% gonna quit cause of this stupid shit.. 

@Daesig You logged out in a freeport. As the mod told you in the other thread you made, it takes around 8 hours for a ship left there to decay enough to fill with water and sink. It is even faster in powerstone island zones. In the very beginning people would build rafts and starter schooners and abandon them. This caused massive garbage piles of ships blocking everything. Powerstones on Fountain of Youth runs were even worse. Add the fact that if you ever stepped on someone's raft/ship by accident you were stuck on it just floating (a broken fix for weight bombing that was their answer instead of fixing the underlying issue) and then lost anything you were carrying was not popular. The PVP crowd like to park all their boats there overnight as a "safe" zone to avoid the offline raiding that is prevalent there. And finally, there is a splash message that tells you constantly to not leave your boats there as "Freeports experience rapid decay." 

1 hour ago, UnknownSystemError said:

@Daesig You logged out in a freeport. As the mod told you in the other thread you made, it takes around 8 hours for a ship left there to decay enough to fill with water and sink. It is even faster in powerstone island zones. In the very beginning people would build rafts and starter schooners and abandon them. This caused massive garbage piles of ships blocking everything. Powerstones on Fountain of Youth runs were even worse. Add the fact that if you ever stepped on someone's raft/ship by accident you were stuck on it just floating (a broken fix for weight bombing that was their answer instead of fixing the underlying issue) and then lost anything you were carrying was not popular. The PVP crowd like to park all their boats there overnight as a "safe" zone to avoid the offline raiding that is prevalent there. And finally, there is a splash message that tells you constantly to not leave your boats there as "Freeports experience rapid decay." 

Well now i know what rapidly decay means. Wasnt sure how many hours it was. But I won't park my boat in freeports anymore.

On 12/23/2019 at 1:29 AM, Daesig said:

Same thing just happened to me, my mate bought the game yesterday and we parked out schooner in safezone overnight. When i logged in i got the "ship sunk" message. Everything high hp and ship just chilling there half in water... 

My mate is 100% gonna quit cause of this stupid shit.. 

Ya, don't think of it as a safe zone, it is anything but safe to park a ship there. I think the ship sinks when you log in because of how servers work. When no one is around, stuff (like ships) go into statis. When someone comes around, they suddenly update to the state they would have achieved had they been updating all the time that passed since they went into statis (no updates occurring). That new state is sunk, so you get the message right as you login.