Sign in to follow this  
Lukaseka95

Submarine only for mega companies

14 hours ago, MrHeid said:

I kinda think there is no reason to lock the sub behind the defeat of the Kraken.  What purpose does this serve other than to annoy people?  Why block off your new content from players?  It just seems stupid to me.

Well the sub is mainly used to get the other 9 power stones they are introducing, there are no other underwater areas that they have announced except for those 9 servers. 

Sure it will help you salvage and sure it can be used if you wanna try and gather jute etc from the seaweed but tjats about it. Also for tsming i forgot about that.

without giant under water cave systems to explore the sub is almost useless. so much potential but no its not gonna happen its oceanic ark after all. imagine the under water world of subnautica in atlas, dreams that will never come true

Another thread from a player who think they should be handed something because they refuse to use the available mechanics.  

Just like just about all other MMOs, major raid bosses are not intended to be done solo.  If you play WOW, you don't QQ to the devs about how you can't bead some endgame dungeon by yourself.  You join a guild that does it.  Every single piece of content in a game does not have to be specifically for YOU.  Sometimes it can be for the other people too.  

Additionally, those who do join larger groups, coordinate well, defeat those tough end game mobs SHOULD get a reward for doing it.  Otherwise whats the point?  If I can't show off my shiny uber armor or sword I got as loot from ultra hard boss that took the guild tons of prep to do, why even bother.  

The kraken is not even that hard as others have stated.  I imagine later down the line we will start getting bosses that are harder, I hope, and they don't always cave in to the vocal minority who wants easy mode handouts.

On 3/2/2019 at 7:02 AM, Percieval said:

The kraken has been defeated by 1 guy manning a Gally solo. And that was before the 60% health nerf.

Probably one of these meta alpha strike 40 large cannon on stern jobbies

On 3/2/2019 at 7:58 AM, Lukaseka95 said:

It is sad, that devs told us that, they will help solo players. So as solo player i wont be able to get submarine. I was looking forward to this mega update, and they give us this and also wipe...  

Agree. Pve should be designed from the perspective of a solo player!

29 minutes ago, Egon von Sturmberg said:

Agree. Pve should be designed from the perspective of a solo player!

Disagree. MMO’s should not be designed from a solo players perspective, either for pve or pvp. That is what single player games are for. It is fine to make an MMO accessible to the solo player, that is a rational marketing decision, but solo play should never be the focus of an MMO.

Go play a modded server that gives everything... Shut the fuck up about solo in mmo.

Stupid, sounds like you like to need 5 players to get a treasure chest.... good luck. Having a raid for taming a Bear 🤣

Blizzard activision had to learn this lesson over nearly 20 years with World of Warcraft and had to size down theire raids from 40man to 2-5man. This is just how it is.. nobody want to sit in his base all day waiting for players or something to happen. This dont means solo players want to play alone. I guess playing with a group is always much more fun. But this game should be able to being played without 5-10 amigos.

Edited by Egon von Sturmberg

On 3/2/2019 at 1:58 AM, Lukaseka95 said:

It is sad, that devs told us that, they will help solo players. So as solo player i wont be able to get submarine. I was looking forward to this mega update, and they give us this and also wipe... 

What is this thread even about?  Everyone is talking about solo-ing the Kraken lol

As a solo player, you need to have a specific perspective about this game.  Atlas is a game intended to be played with a group, as it should be.  The upcoming patch does help solo players, in my opinion.  Because the game is intended to be played with a group, every current and future feature cannot be balanced for solo and group play, or, this game will never come close to it's potential.  Solo players have to accept that not all content will be accessible to them, even though the game is getting better for solo play.

Even a solo player will be able to get a submarine if they are determined enough and make the right friends along the way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluelance said:

Well the sub is mainly used to get the other 9 power stones they are introducing, there are no other underwater areas that they have announced except for those 9 servers. 

Sure it will help you salvage and sure it can be used if you wanna try and gather jute etc from the seaweed but tjats about it. Also for tsming i forgot about that.

I believe they also mentioned the trenches will have rare resources.  I speculate that these resources might be needed to make mythical blueprints at the least, but who knows.

3 hours ago, Pallist said:

Shut the fuck up about solo in mmo.

hahahahahahahahha this game doesnt come close to any mmo type.

13 hours ago, TheCoolGuy said:

hahahahahahahahha this game doesnt come close to any mmo type.

This game doesnt come close to any mmo type "yet". It is their plan and they should introduce features based on it.

Some stuff should require a group.

Edited by Pallist
Sp