Sign in to follow this  
Lukaseka95

Submarine only for mega companies

It is sad, that devs told us that, they will help solo players. So as solo player i wont be able to get submarine. I was looking forward to this mega update, and they give us this and also wipe... 

• Like 3

The kraken has been defeated by 1 guy manning a Gally solo. And that was before the 60% health nerf. So I’m not really getting this thread. You’ll just need a good leveled up gally with with BP parts and you should be good. If you still think it’s too hard to defeat it, you can always come in here and ask for help. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 3

Then I will try, but correct me if I am wrong. When sotd update when they will come in squad, how can 1 man sink squad with schooner to get better BP? 

Edited by Lukaseka95

I can’t look in the future. Maybe aggro 1 or whatever. We will have to wait and see. 

• Like 1

Haha i love these super warriors, who seem to be present in all MMO games.

They defeat thousands of boss mobs solo unarmed in 5 seconds.... superman is garbage compared to them !😂😂😂

No, the players without superman genes unfortunately will never own a submarine.

Devs are liars, they promised to change the game for small tribes but the wipe update is only good for Megatribes. They can defend their stuff better, rule their slaves better (Yes, YOU are meant !) and are safe from any revenge of us dirty insects now.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Talono said:

Haha i love these super warriors, who seem to be present in all MMO games.

They defeat thousands of boss mobs solo unarmed in 5 seconds.... superman is garbage compared to them !😂😂😂

No, the players without superman genes unfortunately will never own a submarine.

Devs are liars, they promised to change the game for small tribes but the wipe update is only good for Megatribes. They can defend their stuff better, rule their slaves better (Yes, YOU are meant !) and are safe from any revenge of us dirty insects now.

Yet the kraken is pretty straight forward. Especially when the youtubers go at it (without spawning it in etc). I think the kraken is doable for average players but if they know from themselves they’re not those godlike warriors, then you shouldn’t able to defeat the endboss of an MMO solo. But that’s just my opinion. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

What did they do to the sub that makes them so difficult to make?

They’re not hard to make, you need to defeat the kraken first. 

• Like 1

Just now, Percieval said:

They’re not hard to make, you need to defeat the kraken first. 

Bit excessive.

9 Hydras, 9 power stones, galleon/crew/gold/ect, and how much time spend doing all this?

Was the sub given torpedoes that sink entire islands?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

Bit excessive.

9 Hydras, 9 power stones, galleon/crew/gold/ect, and how much time spend doing all this?

Was the sub given torpedoes that sink entire islands?

That’s the whole point of OP. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Join alliance?

Solo players might not want to. But an alliance would be an easy option considering your still a solo player.

Anyway it should be soloable in a galleon considering the firepower, a majority of Ships of the damned would be one shot, and in all honesty I would just kite a majority of them.

2 hours ago, Talono said:

Well there is a limit of claim flags available now, or there is supposed to be. Solo players can now build on an island regardless of the owner and since the owner would have to spend less time gathering resources for their own upkeep i think solo players will be in a better position now than ever. I mean our island was already friendly to solo and duo groups, funnily enough they generally just merge into us. We did the same actually haha. 

The biggest gate for solo players would be the levels, i mean with two people it is ultimately easier, i did boats, taming, artillery and captaineering whilst my friend did armory, guns and buildings. Now though after the few changes and atevel 59 i can do all of the things except guns and melee. Which is fine. So early on solo players would be hurt.

The second gate would be land. During my travels of the NW quadrant i found about a dozen or so islands that are completely uninhabited, but considering thats about 4 worth servers out of 36 it means a solo player woukd have to look for a long time to then try and claim an entire island...  they would most likely lose it within a day or two so the whole thing is now a case of solo players essentially passively renting land.

51 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Join alliance?

Remember... Players have different timetables and priorities. The biggest problem is getting everyone together at the same time. Many players do not want raid times, but the game has to be based on their available free time.

13 hours ago, Dreadmill said:

After watching the sub in action I’m not sure why I need one. The trench (so far) is the only interesting thing down there. The rest of it is a barren dessert like the bottom of Lake Erie. When they said submarine, I thought, cool, Nautilus and Nemo. Jacque Cousteau never even entered my mind. I’m glad they spent so much time on content I’ll never see, it makes it seem more like the real world. 🙄

Less Jacques Cousteau and more like Steve Zissou.

6 hours ago, LifelessGamer said:

Captain obvious name taken?

You should know since you were pointing out the obvious, lol. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Remember... Players have different timetables and priorities. The biggest problem is getting everyone together at the same time. Many players do not want raid times, but the game has to be based on their available free time.

This is why I think the game needs some sort of matchmaking system similar to Warcraft's LFG (looking for group). Players could play solo, but when they wanted (or needed) to group up for things like the Kraken, they could. You would be playing with randoms, but it would also be an opportunity to meet decent players and possibly find a good company to join.

• Like 1

Matchmaking wouldn't be a bad idea.  Now there is an alliance cap of 2 alliances with 4 tribes. I would imagine a solo player finding a spot in an alliance will be extremely difficult.

They will change this of course. But at the outset I think it makes sense. Of course they may at some stage put bp copies of submarines into the ship of the damned, this is how I see it. My gripe is that I still cant solo P v npc - it would be great to have a skill that allows players to auto fire canons and sails, so we can build and sail the galleons etc. We could then even take on the Kraken. I think they will bring this in as there Is a demand for it and the solo player market is predominantly older more mature players who can afford the monthly subs (excuse the pun) and it is a large market period. It would be foolish in a business sense not to at least contemplate the solo player market. Perhaps the skill is a purchaseable skill (in game gold), which gives something to work towards. With the underwater aspect to the game it has opened up pretty much, 1000's of times more potentiality to the growth and development of the game. I even saw a very large moon and those stars in the night sky, make me think cyber punk rocket ships, sorry I couldn't help it. 

J

23 minutes ago, hands solo said:

They will change this of course. But at the outset I think it makes sense. Of course they may at some stage put bp copies of submarines into the ship of the damned, this is how I see it. My gripe is that I still cant solo P v npc - it would be great to have a skill that allows players to auto fire canons and sails, so we can build and sail the galleons etc. We could then even take on the Kraken. I think they will bring this in as there Is a demand for it and the solo player market is predominantly older more mature players who can afford the monthly subs (excuse the pun) and it is a large market period. It would be foolish in a business sense not to at least contemplate the solo player market. Perhaps the skill is a purchaseable skill (in game gold), which gives something to work towards. With the underwater aspect to the game it has opened up pretty much, 1000's of times more potentiality to the growth and development of the game. I even saw a very large moon and those stars in the night sky, make me think cyber punk rocket ships, sorry I couldn't help it. 

J

You already can do this, just have NPCs man the cannons? Besides the Kraken has already been killed solo, so its not like its some insanely crazy encounter.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:22 AM, Zlax said:

You already can do this, just have NPCs man the cannons? Besides the Kraken has already been killed solo, so its not like its some insanely crazy encounter.

I never knew the kraken had been solod. 

J

On 3/3/2019 at 11:57 AM, hands solo said:

J

I don’t get this. You can easily sail a galleon solo and defeat the kraken solo. Someone defeated the kraken solo before the 60% health nerf. 

• Like 1

I kinda think there is no reason to lock the sub behind the defeat of the Kraken.  What purpose does this serve other than to annoy people?  Why block off your new content from players?  It just seems stupid to me.

• Like 1