Sign in to follow this  
Goha

Happy April 1st?

Is it April first joke?

Edited by Goha

If it is not a joke, then there are no reason to login until march 20th? Correct?

• Like 1

No it's not a joke.

You either don't bother logging in until wipe happens, or you log in and mess about while it's on 6x rates just to have fun, maybe try out things you didn't want to risk doing before etc. So yes there are reasons to log in still, but you do what you want to do.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Like 1

Well if it was a joke it sure backfired, because the game has died overnight.

Since Ark this company baffle me: They create such a nice games and they do such a bad work running it.

1 Patches and Upgrades during peak game time and weekends;
2 Game full of bugs running totally without support;
3 They do lot of development but unable/don't want/reject to fix bugs

I start having a feeling that they have some sort of big "target" (fix-idea) ahead of them (some sort of future super-project) and they just don't care about their current projects, while moving ahead to this bug one. This is just a guess, but behavior of this company is very "strange" and confusing. 

13 hours ago, Dreadmill said:

So far I’ve learned that:

You can’t take on a SOD with a sloop and one cannon if that cannon is on the side of the ship. (I told the kids it wouldn’t work)

People have left enough stuff behind to build Galleon’s without collecting resources

If you let 30 elephants roam on aggressive  that you will have lots of stampeding. (I haven’t tried this yet but I plan to)

My mate has a sloop with 3 rear guns and wood panels to absorb damage. He took on a red and yellow 30 and 12 I believe at once and won.

Was pretty surprised at how good that tug boat did.

1 hour ago, Goha said:

Since Ark this company baffle me: They create such a nice games and they do such a bad work running it.

1 Patches and Upgrades during peak game time and weekends;
2 Game full of bugs 
3 They do lot of development 

The above three are part of the difference between Early access and Release. ( Even edited them to be truthful.(You are welcome.))

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rats said:

Well if it was a joke it sure backfired, because the game has died overnight.

Nope. Completely incorrect. I chose not to say anything demeaning this time even though I am thinking it. 

It has been on a steady downhill slope since launch with out any change. Since the announcement of the wipe there has been less than a 2% drop. Before the wipe was announced there was an 88% drop. 

Sure dude, the wipe is what did it 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

49 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nope. Completely incorrect. I chose not to say anything demeaning this time even though I am thinking it. 

It has been on a steady downhill slope since launch with out any change. Since the announcement of the wipe there has been less than a 2% drop. Before the wipe was announced there was an 88% drop. 

Its been on a downhill drop since the first day, the bugs, the cheats, the amount of bs players had to endure which caused all the problems. The only thing i see saving this game is a fix of it, and a wipe. Otherwise they do not have enough players today to even support the monthly servers.

At this point if it was in beta, or release they would have canned the project due to not being ready.

As a company owner? investor? i would have pulled the plug after i saw how it was released.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DilBert said:

The above three are part of the difference between Early access and Release. ( Even edited them to be truthful.(You are welcome.))

I played Ark for very long time. No difference and nothing going to change in regard of bugs and support. 

3 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Its been on a downhill drop since the first day, the bugs, the cheats, the amount of bs players had to endure which caused all the problems. The only thing i see saving this game is a fix of it, and a wipe. Otherwise they do not have enough players today to even support the monthly servers.

At this point if it was in beta, or release they would have canned the project due to not being ready.

As a company owner? investor? i would have pulled the plug after i saw how it was released.

I totally agree. I have stated before that I really wish they would have waited at least 6 more months to release it. This wasn’t ready to even be in an alpha stage. I mean, it’s too late now, but hindsight is 20/20 and I am sure they will see that.

the main reason I replied to him is because he said that the wipe would kill the playerbase and the game would die.

the wipe can’t be the thing that killed the game when over 85% were already gone.

4 hours ago, Realist said:

No there has never been an 88% drop.

Since before the wipe announcement, there was a 71% drop. After the wipe announcement there was a further 1% drop.

The total decline is around 72%.

Maybe you can't read charts properly or you just think adding up the negative gain percentages equals the total percentage loss. Either way the loss is 72% as of now.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dreadmill said:

So far I’ve learned that:

You can’t take on a SOD with a sloop and one cannon if that cannon is on the side of the ship. (I told the kids it wouldn’t work)

People have left enough stuff behind to build Galleon’s without collecting resources

If you let 30 elephants roam on aggressive  that you will have lots of stampeding. (I haven’t tried this yet but I plan to)

Bear kills Alpha Yeti with ease. 

Let Bears roam on aggressive = less cobras 😉

Drakes fire barely hurts Schooner anchored

23.6 tmap at 6x = 20k gold 😛

More to be tested soon

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 12:12 AM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

No it's not a joke.

You either don't bother logging in until wipe happens, or you log in and mess about while it's on 6x rates just to have fun, maybe try out things you didn't want to risk doing before etc. So yes there are reasons to log in still, but you do what you want to do.

You can't do crap until the wipe. Screw that, I am not wasting any time farming for their inevitable wipe. It's a waste of time. The crap that they proposed to change the game is worse in my eyes. I am already looking for a game replacement for me to start playing as this game is seriously gone to hell now and with the wipe, I have absolutely no reason to play now as all of my hours were wasted.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

Hurry up spending your earned 20k, not much time left to do that.

I suggest an „end of the world party“ with jacuzzi, champain and easy girls.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, vaylain said:

You can't do crap until the wipe. Screw that, I am not wasting any time farming for their inevitable wipe. It's a waste of time.

Then don't waste your time. Why are you telling me you're not going to waste your time? Who cares what you do? Most people won't play until wipe anyway. Those that do will just have fun messing about.

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Then don't waste your time. Why are you telling me you're not going to waste your time? Who cares what you do? Most people won't play until wipe anyway. Those that do will just have fun messing about.

I was reviewing the forums real fast in hopes they the devs might have suddenly felt compelled to change their minds but it seems that still plan to ruin their IP anyways...

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Some take it way too serious. I thought we all play to have fun and a little escape. Guess I was wrong.

I for one am still playing and having a blast.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vaylain said:

I was reviewing the forums real fast in hopes they the devs might have suddenly felt compelled to change their minds but it seems that still plan to ruin their IP anyways...

They can't change their minds about the wipe, it needs to happen. March patch won't work without the wipe.

5 minutes ago, Harryplopper said:

Some take it way too serious. I thought we all play to have fun and a little escape. Guess I was wrong.

I for one am still playing and having a blast.

When you get older, have a career, and have responsibilities, you will also find that your time is much more valuable and wasting your free time playing and acquiring tames and a decent base build that is just going to get wiped is a major load of crap and a serious waste of time. So yes, I take this seriously. If I had known all along that they were just going to wipe us, I would not have even paid for the game in the first place and would have waited for the actual release instead.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

They can't change their minds about the wipe, it needs to happen. March patch won't work without the wipe.

Screw their update suggestions. The submarine will only be acquired and playable by the largest of companies. The PVE is going to be absolutely devastated by the proposed changes and really was unnecessary. The PVP servers, the whole new claim system is utter crap and making the only PVP viable during a vulnerable window of pre-arranged time? Have they lost their freaking minds? The island owner can only be one company and only they can attack the settlers (slaves) during off-time? WTH?! This is totally nuts!

The game was going great ever since they reduced the cost to build stone structures and provided 300% damage resistance to anchored ships. Finally, the game was awesome. Now their current game suggestions are going to completely F'up the game beyond all recognition and reason. I am totally NOT onboard for their new changes. I feel completely bait and switched.

Edited by vaylain

3 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

No there has never been an 88% drop.

Since before the wipe announcement, there was a 71% drop. After the wipe announcement there was a further 1% drop.

The total decline is around 72%.

Maybe you can't read charts properly or you just think adding up the negative gain percentages equals the total percentage loss. Either way the loss is 72% as of now.

Charts can be read differently. I never said 92% of the total playerbase was gone or dropped. There has been a total of a 92% drop trend since launch.

but yeah sure if you are talking total playerbase then yeah 72% seems about right

Until they are ready to put in the patch changes they can not do a wipe, its best to go back on official and go to war with everyone...

Don't think you have to end you game play just to fight others, if its pve whatever its a carebear game anyways.

8 hours ago, vaylain said:

When you get older, have a career, and have responsibilities, you will also find that your time is much more valuable and wasting your free time playing and acquiring tames and a decent base build that is just going to get wiped is a major load of crap and a serious waste of time. So yes, I take this seriously. If I had known all along that they were just going to wipe us, I would not have even paid for the game in the first place and would have waited for the actual release instead.

Im 36 and married with 4 kids. 

• Like 1