=MGC=Ranger

Am I losing all my work?

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

They aren't concerned with numbers right now as they expected numbers to drop further since the wipe announcement. They are looking at peoples comments and suggestions definitely, but numbers are not concerning right now as it was to be expected.

Well, in the big picture, the numbers, the reviews calling it the most bungled release in game history, the hacks, the bugs, the posts... I would be worried about my job if I was on that team.

The character deletion is hitting hard, some ways I’d like to change the looks of my character but figured that would be implemented further down the line anyway, but to lose your name, company I.D. and such, especially your discovery points kinda hits hard. 

Ships and bases can be rebuilt especially for those who only have 4 walls and a bed, for those who have constructed small cities with amenities it will more than likely take a heavy toll to rebuild that.

The breeding in the game that people have worked on since day one that they will lose , that will take some time to get back and just finding a suitable area to start in again.

The biggest issue is most people won’t bother any longer with any type of progress because they may lose it all again.  If you play pvp then your there to destroy and rebuild, those of us on pve are there to create and use our imagination to the fullest but with wipes then what is the point.

Edited by Daemon Cross

what is the point in building without a wipe? you gain anything from it?

You now have the possibility to rebuild in better ways, or bring in new ideas to improve yourself in pve...

this game is made to be PLAYED and not to watch what you did before, because then you leave the game with nothing left to do...

so find a new island, and get another maybe even better experience

• Like 2

You all keep saying to build your base better than it was before. You do realize that you can demolish anything you’ve built and change it up however you want. You don’t have to necessarily start building from scratch again.  What is the point of building without a wipe ? What is the point of building if your going to have a wipe ???

I’m not sure I’m following your train of thought, why would you want to build if you knew it was going to be wiped away, that serves no purpose. You say to move to a new island and build a new base. Where in the laws of physics says I can’t do that if the wipe never happens ???

I mean come on, if your going to make suggestions, then have some merit with it. Try to come up with something positive about the wipe, don’t keep pointing out things that we can do in the game now or if the wipe never happens. 

I mean seriously!!!

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

You all keep saying to build your base better than it was before. You do realize that you can demolish anything you’ve built and change it up however you want. You don’t have to necessarily start building from scratch again.  What is the point of building without a wipe ? What is the point of building if your going to have a wipe ???

I’m not sure I’m following your train of thought, why would you want to build if you knew it was going to be wiped away, that serves no purpose. You say to move to a new island and build a new base. Where in the laws of physics says I can’t do that if the wipe never happens ???

I mean come on, if your going to make suggestions, then have some merit with it. Try to come up with something positive about the wipe, don’t keep pointing out things that we can do in the game now or if the wipe never happens. 

I mean seriously!!!

honestly... read the patchnotes... use your brain.. you will see why a wipe is necessary. stop crying or please just quit this game and don't come back.

• Sad 1

Now why would I quit the game, I’m not crying, I’ve read the patch notes, if that is all you have to justify the wipe then please by all means keep coming back with that, if that is the best you can come up with. 

People here have all gave countless reasons why the wipe shouldn’t happen, solutions to ways around character deletion, solutions to the claim flag system, we’ve pointed out everything from a pve point view and came back at everything you all for the wipe has to offer, if you ask me you’ve been weighed, measured and you’ve came up lacking for a justification to  a server wipe.  

The best you can come up with is stop crying and quit the game and don’t come back. 

Lmao, more than likely I was playing video games while you were still in diapers, grow up and come back with something solid to justify the wipe or go troll somewhere else.

You want some sound reasons for the wipe, ok here it goes: 1 to clean up the servers, pvp and pve alike because the developers couldn’t figure out how to get rid of abandoned ships in the game without getting rid of ships that belonged to players who were still active. They tried and failed perhaps you remember the big roll back we had ?

2: To wipe all the claim flags from islands that were controlled by large companies who did absolutely nothing with the land but at the same time kept anyone else from having a place to build. Well they attempted to fix that: do you remember the patch that allowed players to take claims if someone had been off line for 72 hours, I do and I remember the forums lit up afterwards with people threatening to quit because they couldn’t have anytime away from the game or they would lose everything, then they changed it to 21 days which the patch notes clearly stated 2 weeks. So who knows what happened there.

3: People who were using exploits to mass large quantities of materials and thus was able to create massive bases. Which should not cause room for one complaint because they offered 2x almost every weekend since launch. So why was anyone complaining about that. One company got further ahead then the other.

4: Griefers- people lost ships and supplies to people who were using a exploit in PVE to do damage or steal from another player.

thus causing players to complain which ultimately led to a patch that stopped or slowed down the issue, the problem was is that it took multiple attempts for them to get a patch that worked the way it should and most people had already quit the game.

5: Land claims- no where to build- foundation spamming- can’t find land- stuck in lawless- people blocked my ships in- sea claims- tired of 500 obscene messages as I sail.  I don’t even know where to start with this one, it hasn’t been fixed and it’s going to be the same everywhere after the wipe.

maybe you are the one who needs to find another game, some of us know the issues and patch notes by heart because we are active in the game and in the media that has to do with the game.

cant keep discovery points because some of the locations are moving or being removed/changed. discovery points are tied to character lvls. therefor can not keep characters on official. this will not affect unofficials. there are still a few things in the code for the new that could affect unofficials.

5 hours ago, Arykos said:

Pretty sure my IQ is higher than yours buddy. what did u achieve in your life so far to make you better than other people?

You are insulting all people who are playing this game and not leaving to have no brain cells in your "statement". Noone gives a shit about some salty wannabe like you, so keep your reason why you left for yourself because we don't care. Nothing to read too much into that.

If you can't keep your conversation constructive don't expect people to be nice and don't whine that you get treated like that, if you are insulting people you don't even know beforehand.

*golf clap*  Keep thinking that guy, one day even you might believe yourself!  

27 minutes ago, iLL said:

*golf clap*  Keep thinking that guy, one day even you might believe yourself!  

The truth is hard right? where is your braincell now?

14 minutes ago, Arykos said:

The truth is hard right? where is your braincell now?

Dead, from conversing with you : )

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2019 at 1:41 AM, =MGC=Ranger said:

Im reading there is a server wipe, are they completely wiping the game? Like Im losing my land and 300 hours labor?

It's not really work is it not a game we play for enjoyment

2 hours ago, DilBert said:

cant keep discovery points because some of the locations are moving or being removed/changed. discovery points are tied to character lvls. therefor can not keep characters on official. this will not affect unofficials. there are still a few things in the code for the new that could affect unofficials.

I knew that were adding in islands to the same existing regions and adding new content all together, I didn’t know they were removing existing islands. I was under the impression that the discovery points you had could possibly remain due to having already discovered some of the existing content. Unless they are changing the names of existing islands I can’t see why they would remove them.  I also don’t see why they would change the names of existing islands either. The regions will remain the same right ? F2 will still be Tundra, I can’t see them making it a tropical or desert region. Possibly polar but I’m not sure 

1 hour ago, iLL said:

Dead, from conversing with you : )

sad, my apologize that you lost your cell. sad that you don't have some more my brick