Sign in to follow this  
True Sonja

wipe 30% player population drop compared to same time last week

7 hours ago, Xenom said:

you really believe what you write do you?

the population was about to reach a point where it settled as the we kept the ~11-14k online over the weekend and chances are high that a lot of those won't stick around now. those that left are likely to stay as long as they did before because the big companies will wipe them off again just different pr those that wanted land before want and island now, won't get it and leave. yes there are large companies now but they will be here later as well. still there are tons of small ones like the one i play in and those are struggling way more to get back up than the large ones and now can't even own land anymore.  you are basically just making something up out of hot air acting big.

not saying we didn't need changes to the claim system tho this was the last thing that needed a whole rework at least on pvp servers. way too easy offline raiding was what drove ppl away i'd say and they even made it easier and thought it was a good idea to promote pvp - which was as cleaver as what they are about to do now.

sry but this is not ark, it's meant to be an mmo and mmo players do not react that good to getting their stuff wiped all together. the way to go is to keep your current players, add good patches and grow the playerbase and not to wipe those that like the game for some players you might or not might get back - as 15k online was a dead game lol - lots would love to have so many players ^^

Sorry but this is ark. If you haven’t noticed, the only part of this game that is mmo is that there are a lot of players on one map. I really hope you don’t believe what you write.

i tell you what. You name everything that makes atlas an mmo and I’ll name everything that makes atlas ark. Should be fun. Feel free to start.

and like I said before it wasn’t going to “settle” at 11-14. Even without the wipe is was going to settle around 8-10. Numbers were still dropping steadily. More slowly but still steadily each day.

this wipe won’t do anything for the drop. And actually looking at the numbers the drop has slowed down even more since the announcement.

but yeah, this is ark

Question: What if the free hat is as bad as the dances? : 0

What if the pvp changes make the game totally pve?

What if I purchased a pvp pirate game and it coverts itself into a pve pirate game?

What if what if...

The drop in player base may have something to do with the fact that both official and unofficial server owners in general are wiping their servers. I have guys playing darkside rp who told me that may be wiping soon too.

There is like 1500+ people in that discord and it seems to be a hugely popular server from what I hear. Any game with a wipe cycle tends to have a drop in players on servers (I’ve streamed rust for 2 years so far so I’ll use that as my personal example in that regard)

i cant see the the numbers of players coming up as far as they were at launch, but I do think they will go up. In my opinion the wipe really does need to happen though. Since launch there have been a lot of really cheesy exploits and oversights by the devs which the player base took advantage of (myself included) I have benefited since taking advantage of those things at the start. 

Id really like everyone to have a fair go at this game. Especially the newer players. I honestly feel sorriest for them because they essentially logged in for the first time and effectively had no chance ( no one starts out in a mega company, it took me like a month to figure out a lot of how to play, they can’t build anywhere and finally because we as the players from launch are so aggressive and toxic that we just KOS now) 

i hope this was a fair post. I’m gutted about my character being wiped but I know I can just play and level/discover again( also knowing how to min/max and where does help)  

Just logged in to check on tames and make sure everything is still where our company left it, and I was one of two players on the map square's server.

Two players.

A month ago we had 60-80.

17 hours ago, Crythos said:

This is early access not a "beta"

It's cute that you don't understand what Early Access is.

6 hours ago, Bandit_Black said:

Question: What if the free hat is as bad as the dances? : 0

What if the pvp changes make the game totally pve?

What if I purchased a pvp pirate game and it coverts itself into a pve pirate game?

What if what if...

What if the hokey pokey really *IS* what it's all about?

Yeah, I got questions too. The kind that kept me out of the really good schools.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iaxa DeVaux said:

After being sold. I can only imaging when the game review websites and magazines get a hold of this.

So have I and if you were a beta tester, you would know it does not happen after it's sold to the public.

It doesn't happen after official launch.  There have been many games sold through founder's packs, pre-orders, and other promotions that have had server wipes pre-launch.  So your little about "if you were a beta tester" just shows you've been part almost none.

People will be back once the update hits anyway so what does it matter.. take some time out to do something else.. or go PvP crazy and kill everyone you can find in game with the 6x gathering. 

I´ll probably be back after wipe. So dont cry for me 🙂

But til the wipe sets in, we´ll be playing on a private Server.

Edited by Apokh

On 3/2/2019 at 5:50 AM, Talono said:

Will drop a lot more when people realize that everything they do, farm and build from now on in Atlas is not persistent.

No progress is possible, everything is in vain, pointless and lost.

Why logging in again ? For a last view on the mighty warfleet that will be crushed by Wildcard on the 20th ?

This for me.  Love atlas, but playing now is pointless.  Even if they did 1000x rates, still wouldn't play.  It's all wasted time until the actual wipe and then, it's back to the old slog rebuilding everything... assuming another wipe won't be on the cards.

13 hours ago, Actium Praetor said:

Just logged in to check on tames and make sure everything is still where our company left it, and I was one of two players on the map square's server.

Two players.

A month ago we had 60-80.

Welcome to the new ATLAS population count, ATLAS will be a very good "MASS"-multiplayer-online-role-play-game xD

16 hours ago, CazzT said:

It's cute that you don't understand what Early Access is.

Nah, troll bait cant be bothered

21 hours ago, Realist said:

Sorry but this is ark. If you haven’t noticed, the only part of this game that is mmo is that there are a lot of players on one map. I really hope you don’t believe what you write.

i tell you what. You name everything that makes atlas an mmo and I’ll name everything that makes atlas ark. Should be fun. Feel free to start.

and like I said before it wasn’t going to “settle” at 11-14. Even without the wipe is was going to settle around 8-10. Numbers were still dropping steadily. More slowly but still steadily each day.

this wipe won’t do anything for the drop. And actually looking at the numbers the drop has slowed down even more since the announcement.

but yeah, this is ark

the point with a lot of players on the map is exactly the point why this is not ark or any other survival game. that's exactly the reason why this game is interesting compared to all the other survival games, at least for me. so big difference here even tho the foundation might be ark this alone differs so much you can't really compare these 2 anymore.

1 hour ago, Xenom said:

the point with a lot of players on the map is exactly the point why this is not ark or any other survival game. that's exactly the reason why this game is interesting compared to all the other survival games, at least for me. so big difference here even tho the foundation might be ark this alone differs so much you can't really compare these 2 anymore.

As far as I know you build a base, tame some tames, and then raid people. Sounds exactly like ark.

sure you can “explore” but you could explore is ark as well. And with the island not differing that much it still seems the same.

12 hours ago, Crythos said:

Nah, troll bait cant be bothered

Projection.  how cute.

You clearly don't understand, though.  You've proven that much.  Calling someone a troll for pointing out something you don't like just proves them right.

Edited by CazzT