Sign in to follow this  
True Sonja

wipe 30% player population drop compared to same time last week

and After the Wipe a lot of people Come back ... for our Compagny we wait the Wipe for back, not interesting to continue to play befor the wipe 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Talono said:

Will drop a lot more when people realize that everything they do, farm and build from now on in Atlas is not persistent.

No progress is possible, everything is in vain, pointless and lost.

Why logging in again ? For a last view on the mighty warfleet that will be crushed by Wildcard on the 20th ?

To be honest some of the best times I had on ark were on the arkpocalypse servers that reset every 30 days. It have boosted rates but it was awesome because there was some really good “actual” pvp going on almost every day.

problem with these official servers is that you have the people build up and then horde everything.

same with ark as with atlas. 100’s of ships just sitting at the dock. Then occasionally going and offlining someone.

i imagine that for the first time since the launch of atlas over these next few weeks, you will be able to encounter some very good sea battles as well as land battles.

the ones that stay playing till the wipe will probably have the most fun they have ever had playing the game. No more grinding, just pure pvp.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ReilanT said:

and After the Wipe a lot of people Come back ... for our Compagny we wait the Wipe for back, not interesting to continue to play befor the wipe 

Why? This is the time that you can take all your ships out and be real pirates creating havoc on anyone. 

Sure don’t bother grinding, but use everything you got instead of letting is gather dust like most people were doing since launch.

this is the time to actually have fun. People are so afraid to lose anything and I am not talking about a wipe. They can’t even be bothered to online raid people because they don’t want to lose their stuff.

to be honest these survival games are really bringing out the hoarder in people. They also are providing a good pvp environment for people. They are fostering a whole different type of behavior that I don’t think is a good idea

Edited by Realist

40 minutes ago, znasser said:

Well guys, remember that at the start we will be able to respawn in any server we want without the need of a bed or get there sailing. So recovering a lot of dp back will be pretty easy unless you have an insane amount of them. 

In my case i didn't want a wipe at all, but now i think it's for the best. Official servers were heading to a quick dead the way things were going anyway. Who cares if i have to level up again knowing what i know now, if that brings the game back to life.

That is a damn good attitude to have man. I definitely respect that.

yeah, it’s a game. The whole purpose it to level up? Does it suck? Even then not necessarily. I am sure some people will say it sucks no matter what but the truth is the leveling up is the best part of the game. After you max out levels you just go into hoarder mode.

i dont care about PvP i play on the EU PvE @Realist for us continue to play before the wipe are Usless. but we will come back after the wipe 🙂 

Edited by ReilanT

We killed a Hydra yesterday, something we would not have attempted if it were not for the wipe. We did try it once before and decided it was a waste of resources, with no worry of saying resources for "later" we went for it and did it. 3 guys, 6 guns, 600 bullets  = 1 dead hydra

We got lucky in that he was near shore between two cliffs we were able to climb and catch him in a crossfire. Was a good time except when two Chinese blocked the cave to the turn-in place and got one of us killed and stole his turn-in.

Edited by WayneKinne
  • Like 1

Well gratz on your hydra kill. Sorry that because of the wipe your victory is without meaning.

Now that its the weekend all round the globe, peak to peak for same day last week shows a 33% reduction in total players online.

The majority of the losses will be on the official servers, some players will be back, but many will go off and find a new game to fill in the next 3 weeks, in which time their memories and desire to play Atlas would have faded.

Grapeshot have royally screwed up. The only way to save the official servers is to keep the playerbase engaged, and the only way to do that is for something, anything that we do now to count towards something after the wipe.

A silly hat just won't do it.

The best and the one with the least impact on future balance would be to have the DP's prior to wipe count towards something. Then at the very least players can remain engaged with the game by playing for the next 2-3 weeks and hopefully do not drift off to other games.

• Like 1

look, they're testing RIGHT NOW, and for the next 3 weeks, what it would be like if they did not implement the rules based pvp and claim systems. If population is still dropping even after they announced that they are still considering weather or not they want to bring on the rules and such, then that's a pretty clear sign that the current system isn't working. If you want to complain about population instead of critiquing the changes and offering insight/suggestions, then you're the problem. We don't need players like you right now. Maybe a year or two after the game is released officially would we really care about that garbage. believe me, iv also flipped out, bitched and moaned about flaws and shit. sometimes you gotta take a step back and give a fuck about the future of the game instead of the pixels you've accumulated in the very beginning before there's even a real content drop. I for one, am really excited for the future changes that they have announced. I think it's gonna really revamp the game and bring back thousands of people who were fed up with the grieving, unrelenting war, inability to find land, and bullshit. i think it's gonna be quite refreshing. 

gitgud

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Ouch hard to believe

playing 30 min ago
Dollar value of players playing is not enough to run the servers. We are talking like 12grand a month if that keeps up.

Better get better, or else it will die within the next month or two.
Edited by Sneakydude

This wipe is that pointless !

You cant claim land in PVP ? Not true, some islands are held by big companies. Others are easy to take. Claimed nearly 30% of a nice tropical island before the wipe announcement.

The claim system ensures that raiders can not directly build a sky cannon 10 meters in front of your high rock fortress.

After the wipe this protection is lost.

If you analyse the new claim system you see how fail it is. Island owners can only be megacompanies. Only these can build cannons. Only these can have fun.

On 3/1/2019 at 7:56 PM, Iaxa DeVaux said:

As far as I know, Atlas will be the first MMO in history to delete paying customers characters.

Before or after launch?  I've been part of several MMO pre-launch betas.  Server wipes were common on some of those.  One comes to mind that did a server wipe almost every two weeks.  The purpose of pre-launch wipes is so they don't have to do wipes or roll backs after launch.  Welcome to the software world.

The OP might want to look at that chart again.  The game's population was down over 57% from January and the game lost over 71% of it's average players from January 1 until they announced the wipe.

You want to bury your head in the sand and pretend everything was fine just because you don't want your progress wiped, that's on you.  But don't BS the rest of us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CazzT said:

Before or after launch?  I've been part of several MMO pre-launch betas.  Server wipes were common on some of those.  One comes to mind that did a server wipe almost every two weeks.  The purpose of pre-launch wipes is so they don't have to do wipes or roll backs after launch.  Welcome to the software world.

This is early access not a "beta" if it was a "beta" people would have 1st expected wipes and not grumbled, 2nd  If stated to still be a  Beta probably could have made the choice not to Pay for it or invest alot of time in what is supposed to be a persistent world.

Early access you expect alot of bugs, glitches, polish changes needed balancing etc, not re-vamp of core game involving wipes that should have been taken care of in previous BETA stage, not early access.

Back on topic the original posters idea to make discovery points persist would at least provide some reason to play for three weeks, good idea to salvage somthing from shitty management of a good core game by Wildcard. I am with alot of people on the hat skin, you know where to shove it.

18 hours ago, Talono said:

Well gratz on your hydra kill. Sorry that because of the wipe your victory is without meaning.

Its not tho? They had fun, did something new and now has a much better chance of doing it the next time around. They even know not to hoard the materials next time because they know they CAN do it.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:37 AM, ReilanT said:

I was one of the ones to leave before this news and I am one of the ones coming back after the wipe.

People will come and go over the course of the game development. The people now who don't like the new claim system, some will remain and get on with it and some will just put it to one side like I did early on and then come back when it changes again down the road.

Many players abused the bugs, so it's good to make a wipe. I'm upset to wait until 20th of March for the wipe, not for the wipe itself.

The big dissapoint point is the reward for players, a dumb hat xD

7 minutes ago, yneternum said:

Many players abused the bugs, so it's good to make a wipe. I'm upset to wait until 20th of March for the wipe, not for the wipe itself.

They need to wait because the patch obviously isnt ready yet, and what where you expecting to get? They cant give you something that actually gives you a leg up over everyone else, they need to considder the longivity of the game, so a cosmetic item is already more than they had to do.

They should announce the wipe later, close to the date. I agree with a cosmetic reward but they could give a full armour cosmetic for naked people or stg more intersting than a simple hat

17 minutes ago, yneternum said:

bugs and dupes will always exist even after the wipe and patch 🙂 look ark for example dupe bug is still there after 3years + ^^ and his official release .

Just now, hiddenftw said:

bugs and dupes will always exist even after the wipe and patch 🙂 look ark for example dupe bug is still there after 3years + ^^ and his official release .

As a developer, I know it's quite impossible to create free bugs software; however, I think is good trying to equilibrate the game between players when you solved a lot of the currently bugs .

On 3/1/2019 at 8:37 PM, ButtPirate said:

How many games have you made?

Not designing a car doesn’t preclude one from offering a meaningful review of one, including suggestions for improving it. The cup holder, a universally standard feature in cars, wasn’t added because of an engineer’s insight, but because of feedback from focus groups of every day drivers.

20 minutes ago, yneternum said:

As a developer, I know it's quite impossible to create free bugs software; however, I think is good trying to equilibrate the game between players when you solved a lot of the currently bugs .

yea I mean with this wipe wont solve that much maybe only regarding the land 🙂 the bugs and dupes still be there … ^^ so all thinking mega companies wont be big anymore that's just a joke . They got that big cause of player base and we all know mega companies abuse bugs and dupes a lot .

On 3/2/2019 at 4:13 AM, Realist said:

Wow. You are completely wrong. There has been a complete nose dive on the numbers at a steady pace this whole time. It has nothing to do with a wipe.

in fact, after the wipe was announced, that was the first time I saw a small upward spike.

thia wipe is definitely a good thing. It will get rid of the people who don’t want to lose their stuff. Those types of players you never want to be in your game.

the wipe is the best thing that could have happened to atlas. And yeah, they don’t want the old players to keep playing. Mainly anyone that was still around were cheaters/exploiters/Megas. None of those mentioned are anything good for the game.

they want the people that left to come back, because those are the people that will actually give feedback worth having.

you really believe what you write do you?

the population was about to reach a point where it settled as the we kept the ~11-14k online over the weekend and chances are high that a lot of those won't stick around now. those that left are likely to stay as long as they did before because the big companies will wipe them off again just different pr those that wanted land before want and island now, won't get it and leave. yes there are large companies now but they will be here later as well. still there are tons of small ones like the one i play in and those are struggling way more to get back up than the large ones and now can't even own land anymore.  you are basically just making something up out of hot air acting big.

not saying we didn't need changes to the claim system tho this was the last thing that needed a whole rework at least on pvp servers. way too easy offline raiding was what drove ppl away i'd say and they even made it easier and thought it was a good idea to promote pvp - which was as cleaver as what they are about to do now.

sry but this is not ark, it's meant to be an mmo and mmo players do not react that good to getting their stuff wiped all together. the way to go is to keep your current players, add good patches and grow the playerbase and not to wipe those that like the game for some players you might or not might get back - as 15k online was a dead game lol - lots would love to have so many players ^^

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CazzT said:

After being sold. I can only imaging when the game review websites and magazines get a hold of this.

So have I and if you were a beta tester, you would know it does not happen after it's sold to the public.