Sign in to follow this  
Zen ETG

Waiting a month to wipe will kill this game

16 minutes ago, tsavo74 said:

Once again, read the context. Hes not moaning about wipe. Hes moaning about the time scale warning. He even states : "If they wiped it today I could just get on" etc. Hes basically saying " okay. wipe incoming. wait 4 weeks???!!!"

Id take an overnight wipe right now, as Crythos would. 

You've read one specfic comment in his post and decided to take that as the overall point of his post. Reading his entire post it is obvious he is complaining about wipes in general and his lost time invested as well as the risk of future wipes. The wait before the wipe is not the main focus of his post and declaring it is based on what he wrote is off base.

5 hours ago, Zen ETG said:

the title says it all. to give a months warning for a server wipe just killed this game for pve players at least. why would i log in and build and try to unlock gems for my compass if it is all going to wiped in a month or 2 months with how the devs like to push back content updates by a month.  this should have been a 1 or 2 day notice thing. now with a whole month to play other games who knows how many pve players will actually return to the game

Fully agree, wipe now if you need to wipe.

While i see no reason for a wipe but some underage teens complaining : „Mom, i find no land to claim ! Wipe the bad men !“

Edited by Talono

3 hours ago, Grongash said:

Better this way than not telling us and giving us a 2 day notice... 

58 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

It was an analogy and I don't live anywhere near the coast nor in my mom's basement. Stop trying to use ad hominem attacks to denigrate a perfectly valid analogy. No one was making a point about whether someone's life was in danger. That's irrelevant, so stop trying to pretend I was saying anything about that.

This load of bollox you're trying to pass off as he's not complaining about the wipe but the amount of warning is completely undermined by the fact he's specfically complaining about his 333 hours. He further complains about the risk of future wipes, not future wipe warning timing.  If he's complaining about the timing of a warning, neither of those things would be relevant, so it's ironic you're telling me to read and understand when it's apparent you didn't do so yourself.

im sorry if you thought I was making a personal attack on you. Well, actually im not. Im sure ive seen some similar pretentious crap on the forums somewhere. Maybe not you, but similar breed. The facts stand that the OP and other posters are complaining ( rightly so) about the time frame imposed on the wipe. (They did not in ANY WAY complain about EA. Something you alluded to and you purposefully addressed even though it was completely irrelevant to the post. In fact it was used as a defensive measure against people like you) About the fact that they now have 3 weeks, or more, to waste in game, or find other stuff to do. I think you'll find the OP said this might kill the game. I don't agree with PvP as such, but I deffo agree with PvE. You still don't seem to grasp the idea. Grapeshot wants to keep its (now limited) player base. Grapeshot tells the world wipe incoming. PvP players don't care. They play for the salt and the fight. PvE…. well, whats the point in playing for the next 3 weeks? Tell me Boomer? Please tell me? answer my previous questions. What are you going to do until the wipe?

I find it best to not make any form of analogy. I don't find the need to make any connection between an early access game, or any game for that matter, and real life. I play to relax and get away from real life for a few hours. You know. Like watching a film? But that's your choice I guess.

The OP never mentioned any future wipes? And im sure an intelligent human being like you can read between the lines with Crythos post. Stop trying to be clever. If you cant read and comprehend ( god forbid you ever read a book) you will understand Crythos, at worst, was making a point but not making it fully to your grammatical standards. Maybe he rushed it? Maybe English isn't his first Language? BUT HE CLEARLY STATES THE FOLLOWING "If they wiped today I could just get on trying to re-build but three weeks away wtf why should I bother to log in."

You are not helping anyone here. You twist what is said. You make meaningless analogies, and then wont stand by them. Take your salt to the PvP forums. These guys have a massive point.

I wont lower myself to answer you again. 

PS any other guys out there want to quote any Latin phrases in their arguments, Boomer can recommend Wikipedia. It'll make you feel kinda big and educated. And fucking stuff (……. that's not latin by the way.... I just made that up)

READ THE FORUM POST TOPIC IF YOU ARE UNSURE 

Edited by tsavo74
addition

12 minutes ago, tsavo74 said:

im sorry if you thought I was making a personal attack on you. Well, actually im not. Im sure ive seen some similar pretentious crap on the forums somewhere. Maybe not you, but similar breed. The facts stand that the OP and other posters are complaining ( rightly so) about the time frame imposed on the wipe. (They did not in ANY WAY complain about EA. Something you alluded to and you purposefully addressed even though it was completely irrelevant to the post. In fact it was used as a defensive measure against people like you) About the fact that they now have 3 weeks, or more, to waste in game, or find other stuff to do. I think you'll find the OP said this might kill the game. I don't agree with PvP as such, but I deffo agree with PvE. You still don't seem to grasp the idea. Grapeshot wants to keep its (now limited) player base. Grapeshot tells the world wipe incoming. PvP players don't care. They play for the salt and the fight. PvE…. well, whats the point in playing for the next 3 weeks? Tell me Boomer? Please tell me? answer my previous questions. What are you going to do until the wipe?

I find it best to not make any form of analogy. I don't find the need to make any connection between an early access game, or any game for that matter, and real life. I play to relax and get away from real life for a few hours. You know. Like watching a film? But that's your choice I guess.

The OP never mentioned any future wipes? And im sure an intelligent human being like you can read between the lines with Crythos post. Stop trying to be clever. If you cant read and comprehend ( god forbid you ever read a book) you will understand Crythos, at worst, was making a point but not making it fully to your grammatical standards. Maybe he rushed it? Maybe English isn't his first Language? BUT HE CLEARLY STATES THE FOLLOWING "If they wiped today I could just get on trying to re-build but three weeks away wtf why should I bother to log in."

You are not helping anyone here. You twist what is said. You make meaningless analogies, and then wont stand by them. Take your salt to the PvP forums. These guys have a massive point.

I wont lower myself to answer you again. 

PS any other guys out there want to quote any Latin phrases in their arguments, Boomer can recommend Wikipedia. It'll make you feel kinda big and educated. And fucking stuff (……. that's not latin by the way.... I just made that up)

READ THE FORUM POST TOPIC IF YOU ARE UNSURE 

I wasn't responding to the OP, I was responding directly to Crythos, and the fact your responses fail to discern this is telling. While Crythos does state the part you quoted, he also clearly states "wiping peoples time invested efforts leaves a very bad taste and give me a sense of mistrust that will take a long time to receed." and cites his lost investment of 333 hours. 

In doing so he very clearly is complaining not about the advance notice, but about the wipe itself. That is what I responded to, and all you've done is try to cast shade because of your apparent lack of ability to understand who I was quoting and what I was addressing.  The rest of your comments are just noise trying to cast thinly veiled insults at me.

Agreed. One month notice of a wipe has killed the game for many people. The risk now is that people who are idle waiting for the wipe will go and play other games. In the long run it is atlas's player base that will suffer.

1 hour ago, Talono said:

Fully agree, wipe now if you need to wipe.

While i see no reason for a wipe but some underage teens complaining : „Mom, i find no land to claim ! Wipe the bad men !“

Different rule sets and features will affect a launch for this game differently.  How do they know how that will work without wiping the server and acting like this is a new launch? 

There are a lot of other reason for it as well.  I expect wipes to be a common thing during EA as the game evolves.  Get used to it. 

The reason to play for pve would be to push doing content you haven't done yet with all the stuff you built up already, not much point to building up much more, but you could still explore, try taming something you haven't tamed yet, kill the hydra, kill the ghostship..

The point of playing in the first place is to have fun, just do things to see if it's fun, if it's not, do something else, tired of atlas? Take a break lol

What's the point of a game?

At least they've indicated the path forward WILL include wipes..

If we make it through this period with any kind of population left, they need to not announce a wipe this far ahead again unless it is a standard 2 months rotation or something similar

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

It was an analogy and I don't live anywhere near the coast nor in my mom's basement. Stop trying to use ad hominem attacks to denigrate a perfectly valid analogy. No one was making a point about whether someone's life was in danger. That's irrelevant, so stop trying to pretend I was saying anything about that.

This load of bollox you're trying to pass off as he's not complaining about the wipe but the amount of warning is completely undermined by the fact he's specfically complaining about his 333 hours. He further complains about the risk of future wipes, not future wipe warning timing.  If he's complaining about the timing of a warning, neither of those things would be relevant, so it's ironic you're telling me to read and understand when it's apparent you didn't do so yourself.

If they wiped today I would be playing not posting, not happy about the wipe but would suck it up and get on with it, the wipe is bad management, this is early access not a beta ,  if games companys have scrapped the alpha, closed beta, beta, open beta, early access ladder its news to me, defending companys by crying out is early access as some sort of catch all excuse seems like the last refuge of fanboism, face it they have screwed up. Read what I wrote, I like the game I want it to succeed but too put people in limbo for three weeks is not just bad management its just plain shambolic and I dont have to like it or think its good and proper, just as you have a right to your opinion and dont have to agree with me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Crythos said:

this is early access not a beta ,  if games companys have scrapped the alpha, closed beta, beta, open beta, early access ladder its news to me, 

Albion Online had an early access which cost a lot more to play than this and had regular wipes. 

The only difference here is Grapeshot didn't specifically spell out the expected path forward... which as a long term gamer I read to mean (rightly or wrongly) they didn't have one; this was an experiment and we were welcome to join them for the ride.

That said, they indicated a 2 year development cycle for this early access and with bugs, dupes, exploits, rollbacks, gamebreaking patches and even "stolen admin passwords" to not expect wipes is naive at best. 

Furthermore, anyone still here at this point likely has more than 400 hours of gameplay, significant memorable moments, probably developed friendships perhaps even nemeses.. all for the bargain price of the cost of a 1.5 hour cinema trip... The scene in Gladiator comes to mind... "Are you not entertained?!"

Edited by MisterMyztik