Bloodangel

PVE protecting resources

Personally, I understand if Grapeshot needs to wipe the servers to "clean up" issues that are arising. Although, like others, I am disappointed that 562 hours have been wasted. I believe this is an area of their expertise, not mine. I trust it is necessary or Grapeshot would not make this decision. However, I am concerned about the implementation of the PVE's lack of a claim system. I would like to bring up an example in hopes that the devs can share some details which would eliminate mine and others concern. 
If a player or group decides to "grief" you on your bases' island could he/she/they not just build a structure on the island's most cherished resource area(s); therefore causing the resource(s) to despawn? How does this new system provide protection from this type of aberrancy, extortion, or ignorance. Will these areas be protected? If so, how?

• Like 2

Would this type of claim system work in PVE?

1. Each account gets a single claim marker.
  2. A claim marker marks the circumference of your territory (like claim flags) this territory required X amount of gold per hour (like crew)
  3. The claim marker has a limited number of slots (like a resource box) where you could place repair/decay provisions like wood, fiber, thatch, as well as the gold needed to hold the claim. (limit the number of coins in a stack)
  4. The claim territory can be expanded with an increase in the amount of gold per hour. 
  5. Claims may not infringe upon the territory of another claim.
  6. Permissions, such as those for company members, etc. can be adjusted at the claim marker.

This may provide many possible areas to adjustment for a single game element and game mechanic (i.e.: the claim marker): 

• Increase or decrease the circumference of the claim around the marker
  • Increase or decrease amount of gold per hour for each claim size
  • Increase decrease the amount of gold allowed in a stack within the claim marker

There was a lot of Toxic People on PVE-Servers allready. (Pulling Ghostships, sinking ships, using flag overlap bug to conquer bases)

I see no reason why they shouldn't just go on every island and ruin Players Fun by blocking the Respawn of Ressources by building Foundations on Top of them.

How expensive can it be to repair 4-5 Foundations that are blocking the biggest Metal-Spawn on your island?

On 3/1/2019 at 10:08 AM, Bloodangel said:

I am disappointed that 562 hours have been wasted.

Nope.  You can just stop there.  The game is being sold with a clear announcement of it being in Early Access.  You bought the game with the knowledge it's in EA, so you don't get to claim your time has been wasted.

resources being blocked to force players off the their chosen spots if some else wants it is my main concern , the only thing i can say is get there first place your pillars and make sure your auto repair building  covers the radius of the resource and pillars walls gates whatever to protect the resource,id take a guess and say we can have can have more than one repair buidling 

I hope they add claim flags to PvE. Slavery is better than resources being blocked by griefers.

There will never be a perfect system,it's impossible when humans are involved. Sadly, jerks come alongside the regular people and all Grapeshot can do is try their best at balancing gameplay with security.  They'd have to do away with all building to stop the griefers and the greedy completely.

I've seen far more blocked/walled in resources on claimed land than I ever did in lawless,where it decays and can be demolished eventually. Claims seem to give people/companies the idea they "own" the resource patches that everyone needs and they wall them in.  And hopefully they will/have also fiound a way to limit the number of auto repair structures so that they can't be spammed to protect the spam griefers throw down.

My base is in lawless and none of the resources I've seen are blocked. Quite the opposite,many people put down discreet posts around them to keep them open and free for everyone.

well lawless + foundations works different then regular islands as they dont block same radius 

Also small test we did on the island we  settled on we built a small 4x4 foundation middle of a island and it killed off all spawn in a circle around it + we had the luxury of people  that moved in only settled on the coast with small buildings to build stuff and talked with the people that came to the island and when they saw they killed of metal-stone spawn they moved their foundations and shipyards to let them spawn again

As many are afraid the new system will bring in people that will just build and kill off the rare spawns on island that is also my main concern , people will build huge houses/foundation platforms and go screaming bloody murder when resources stop spawning , people need to be educated that overbuilding at islands will effect their resources at one point