Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

So, my idea for Declaring War is being implemented. Let me make a suggestion to keep it from causing a problem.

First this.
DeclaringWar.JPG?width=983&height=468

OK, so that is basically what is coming with some changes.  But, I was advised that this will cause a problem.  I know doom is coming, as he put it, so I grab the valuables and run out to hide them someplace.  True, and also, some people will throw the valuables on the ground to avoid them being captured.  I do this.  Scorched Earth.  I can't have it, so neither will you.

Well, to be honest, if somebody wins the fight, they deserve a reward.  So here is a proposal to allow that to happen.

First, Gold, Maps, and BPs would be stored in central repositories.  They cannot be removed from them.  Only destroyed, but destroying them would take a lot of time.  Maybe you move it to a waste bin, and it takes 24 hours for that to delete them.  This wouldn't be used for the gold obviously, but would for maps and BPs you know you won't use.

BPs in the Repository would show up in any appropriate crafting station that the company owns.  When you pull a map out to use it, you are pulling out a copy.  The original stays there until it expires, or is used to dig up the gold.  This way you can still use it as you do now, but it is still there to be stolen.

These things cannot be taken out and tossed on the ground, to deny the enemy.  Only the enemy can capture them by blowing up the taxation bank/repository, in which case, everything drops to the ground in a satchel.  When they claim it, it is added to their repository.

Ships would have a Captain's Safe.  This allows for the capturing of these items when you sink a ship.  When you raise anchor at your port, the Captain's Safe is filled with enough gold to pay the crew for 2 full days...real days, not game days.  You can add gold if you are going to make purchases, or know you won't go back to your home port in 2 days.  Any gold captured, any BPs recovered, and any maps found, will be added to this Ship's vault, if that ship is closer than the Home Port Taxation Bank/Repository.    This maintains the ability to capture these things, when you sink a ship.  More so actually, as I am not going to let you have those things with the present mechanics.  I can't have them, neither are you.  Scorched Earth.

When you anchor at home port, those items are transferred to the Bank/Repository.

• Like 1

Interesting and creative ideas. I have no clue how practical they might be coding wise, but as concepts they sound just fine to me.

• Like 1

I don't think they would be that hard to do.  You open a Flotsam box and the BPs go directly to the Ship's Safe that is closest to you, and in your company.  Same for gold you get on some random island.  If on your island, it goes to the Bank.  All of it would work like this.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

6 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

First this.
DeclaringWar.JPG?width=983&height=468

OK, so that is basically what is coming with some changes.  But, I was advised that this will cause a problem.  I know doom is coming, as he put it, so I grab the valuables and run out to hide them someplace.  True, and also, some people will throw the valuables on the ground to avoid them being captured.  I do this.  Scorched Earth.  I can't have it, so neither will you.

Well, to be honest, if somebody wins the fight, they deserve a reward.  So here is a proposal to allow that to happen.

First, Gold, Maps, and BPs would be stored in central repositories.  They cannot be removed from them.  Only destroyed, but destroying them would take a lot of time.  Maybe you move it to a waste bin, and it takes 24 hours for that to delete them.  This wouldn't be used for the gold obviously, but would for maps and BPs you know you won't use.

BPs in the Repository would show up in any appropriate crafting station that the company owns.  When you pull a map out to use it, you are pulling out a copy.  The original stays there until it expires, or is used to dig up the gold.  This way you can still use it as you do now, but it is still there to be stolen.

These things cannot be taken out and tossed on the ground, to deny the enemy.  Only the enemy can capture them by blowing up the taxation bank/repository, in which case, everything drops to the ground in a satchel.  When they claim it, it is added to their repository.

Ships would have a Captain's Safe.  This allows for the capturing of these items when you sink a ship.  When you raise anchor at your port, the Captain's Safe is filled with enough gold to pay the crew for 2 full days...real days, not game days.  You can add gold if you are going to make purchases, or know you won't go back to your home port in 2 days.  Any gold captured, any BPs recovered, and any maps found, will be added to this Ship's vault, if that ship is closer than the Home Port Taxation Bank/Repository.    This maintains the ability to capture these things, when you sink a ship.  More so actually, as I am not going to let you have those things with the present mechanics.  I can't have them, neither are you.  Scorched Earth.

When you anchor at home port, those items are transferred to the Bank/Repository.

I like the theory behind it, ensuring that the raiders get -something-. A better solution to it would make decay on those dropped valuable items much longer. This would allow people to still have hidden stashes, since hiding valuables from raiders was a big part of defending from pirates and other raiders.

• Like 1

Battle Metrics is ruining this also.  OK, so your base gets wiped, but you get away with the valuables.  What now?  They just track you on BM and see where you go...follow you, and eventually find you.  Hopefully, there won't be anymore claim circles.  That just tells them right where to look for your stash when you finally do stash it.  Had that happen on an unofficial.  You could not even place an object without putting down a claim.  So all they did was take screen shots of the map while doing recon, to note where all existing claims were.  Then just look for the new claim, and it tells them right where to go.  I thought that was just absurd.

In regards to having things that can be rewards for raiding bases I came up with this one recently.
It would allow for raidable items as well as a metric other than land grabs, it would encourage the raiding of the top companies and give people something to work for other than just to wipe a base, meaning that people would target the treasure room not the base in general.