Sign in to follow this  
Thrandu

Atlas - Ultimate Walkthrough after WIPE Patch

Hello Everybody,

i will give you a "How to" Start Atlas after the Wipe Patch.

Open Atlas -> Join "New Server" -> Use PVE NA or PVE EU -> Create a Default Path finder -> Join (we can now use all grid as home zone) A1 -> Run like hell over the map and Build tons of Pillars and floors, maybe there will be other Pathfinders, ignore them. You can't find any more Spots to Spam Floors?
Kill your Pathfinder. Create a new Pathfinder, set A2 as Home Server and do this again, after this. Kill your Pathfinder, create a new one and go to A3.

Yeah, A1, A2 or other has more islands, but you can full "explorate" the Island you have spawn.

Ok what is the Point? You can f**** people up.
Ok lets see, the game will be have a "auto repair", dont use it, the structure will be decay after time, how long should it be? 7 days? Because you need a bit protection after you start, otherwise you play 1 Hour and you lost your base because its decay, you cant build a auto repair in this short time.

So A1, A2, A3,....have to wait the decay time for the "pillar" and "floor" spam gefore they can use this spot for themself, it sounds like...wait..Claimflags.

I still dont get the changes, because this new mechanic can hold up people to f*** other people.
Yes, over the time it will be balance because you cant hold a long time all this pillars and floor, but at this time no one can use the Spots, so we are on the same points since the game start.

Which design will be against that kind of people? Im realy sure there will be groups of people that leave the game after the wipe and will be as**oles for break the game.

It is not a "i hate this wipe" or "i hate the new mechanic" thread. I rly rly try to understand how this should work against all the bad peoples to search and use mechanics to f other people.
Anyone know?

I see it in my eyes "the wipe is live", many people will join the game and start to build everywhere. It will took a while to rebalance the islands with the decay timer. So many people again will sailing around the World and find nothing. Have to wait days or weeks for decay the spam stuff. Will this rly happen?

Yeah, good luck surviving naked and with no tools there. Oh, and farming enough resources to pillar spam an entire island in the mean time. Take a reality check dude. Nothing personal.

I know what you mean, but rly, how long will you need to build ~20 or 30 or 50 pillars? or floors? Ok, you cant spam rly big islands in a short time, but small islands you can.
And then think about it will be doing from a "bigger" group of players they do it together. We all know the internet.

Rly it is not a hate thread or devs your a stupid, but it looks like...easy to f..the people after the new start.

P.S. I was since start at k10, this islands are so "easy" rare lions against you..and a bit rattle snakes. 1 Wolf every 1 hour? i walk naked around the full map since days without any dmg, because all animals friendly.

Edited by Thrandu

Ok, as a start - you are naked with no tools. On x1 you are gathering 5-10 fiber from a plant. Now lets count how much you will need just to block a spot enough for your own base as you will need wood and thatch too. Lets say - half an hour. Then next factor - you are not going to be the only one claiming places. After the servers are up after the wipe, there are going to be other 5000 people like you doing exactly the same. That is why I have recommended you a reality check.

You think after wipe we have a "x1" rate? dont think so. They will up it to 2 or 3 for 2 or 3 days, so old "players" will make progress and push the game.

How long you need for a ramshakle? ~15 minutes with x1 rate. Do this 2 times for FOY rush.
The game give you the option to change the Home Region, so when you level up with the first charackter you can change the Region so you have for island 2 much faster ressources.

I still understand your point and yeah it would be hard to do this, but it is possible. And i still think some people will try and do this, because they will leave the game after the wipe.
And 5k People do the same? 
Atlas has (steamcharts) ~25k Players on Peak. ATM 6k Players / 4 Servers = ~ with tollerance 2k Players per Server, 15x15 grid with more then 2 or 3 islands per grid.
So for me it looks like, same as now, ~10-20 people per grid.So you will have a lot of time and space to spam your stuff.

Dont know many people are in the backline to wait for the wipe and join again.

Im still scared about the new system, but ONLY for start, i think 1 or 2 weeks later it will be more balance

Edited by Thrandu

Its silly to think there wont be TONS of pillar/foundation spam going on after patch. Maybe not like this guys thinking but it will happen.

There are people that will try this - no doubt. But the trick is in sustaining them. This should resolve this issue via natural selection.

You should have a avatar saved so you can quickly get the look you want and get into game, without resorting to default or random build.