Razalon

Official PVE Wipe, we are leaving this game.

They should already see that due to their "improvements" over half of the players have left the game. I was in a company of only 8 and all have stopped playing but me. I mean they nerf fire arrows to where fist do more damage which is just pure stupidity and firearms have about the same damage as a common arrow. How much more stupid can this game get?........oh wait let wipe all the progress of the loyal players and see how many more will quit. First it was chinese expoits now its dev rapage. This game should be a 5 dollar add on to ark. I was enjoying this game for like 3 weeks since i got it but it became too much of a grind. Now all the hard work its rewarded by poop thrown im my face by the alpha monkeys. I see no more than 3 people on any given server for the past few weeks then, this wipe is announced and im the only one on. I used to get on and sail to regions and the chatbox was always full of people chatting and now its a ghost town. The gold rush is over i guess. This is a real joke of a game but could have been great and if they continue at this rate, this game will be the modern version of ET on the Atari aka the biggest game mistake of all time. But lets not listen to loyal players, only the babys who got the game a week ago and whine bc they cant find land. I bought this game 2 days after release and if you were lucky you could find a small corner after searching a few days. A wipe is NOT the answer. Just shorten the time to maintain claims and implement the upkeep, so those who log on once a week just to keep the land have to acually play or lose it. But to start with, with all the nerfs and exploits that happen with each update, fix whats broken so those players will return.

On 3/1/2019 at 7:53 AM, Razalon said:

Your Wipe the Official Servers, Players leave this game and never come back.

We are leaving too.

6x Harvesting Event HUAR! But wait Server Wipe, the Event is Bull....

See ya in two weeks after the wipe when come back because you're hearing how much fun people are having.

3 hours ago, travis843 said:

They should already see that due to their "improvements" over half of the players have left the game.

Over half the players left long before the wipe announcement.  They left because of what the wipe will be fixing.  In other words, most of them will return, Chicken Little.

• Like 1

Wipe is necessary for the changes they are making, but removing claim system from PvE means people will just spam foundations and will block resources and building upkeep wont be that hard for a big company of griefers. So PvE might be a total failure in next patch. I maybe wrong but from the past experience from this game I don't have my hopes up for PvE.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 2:53 PM, Razalon said:

Your Wipe the Official Servers, Players leave this game and never come back.

We are leaving too.

6x Harvesting Event HUAR! But wait Server Wipe, the Event is Bull....

Noooooo!11!! Please dont go!!1! My life will be useless without you!!1!

And now, close the door quietly please.

On 3/3/2019 at 11:32 PM, CazzT said:

See ya in two weeks after the wipe when come back because you're hearing how much fun people are having.

Over half the players left long before the wipe announcement.  They left because of what the wipe will be fixing.  In other words, most of them will return, Chicken Little.

I can tell you for sure this one wont return if my progress is wiped and im sure im not alone. I can deal with losing land but not progress and losing my ships is also big but not as much. I dont care if this game is so much fun it causes seizures, im not starting over. I dealt with all this in Ark and thats where ill return since i play on private servers there. I regret i didnt just play private on Atlas as well. So just know you speak for yourself, not me or anyone else for that matter. Be gone troll.

i counted couple of days ago 1.4k players in official network so yeh people are leaving alot for who is happy to get some land there is no players with who tp enjoy the game . we are not leaving but still the game loosed so many players what will never come back . also i dont see new players picking up the game with so many negative reviews 🙂 .

I totally understand the wipe. Not happy about it because of the time investment that mmo's are but the wipe is prolly the right thing to do. Wiping the character progression is un-needed but i and some in the guild we are in will make another run. Many of us wont be coming back if another wipe happens. This is it. I can see myself playing this for years and I can also see myself walking away if it happens again. They need to get the claim system right this time. Too many anticipated games on the horizon to chase off all your loyal players before you even officially feel like calling it a game.

27 minutes ago, kommakozzy said:

Wiping the character progression is un-needed

It is not un-needed.  Jat mentioned in the livestream that the wipe has to be total due to issues in the code that cannot be resolved any other way.

Edited by CazzT

On 3/1/2019 at 2:08 PM, Marx_cz said:

All mates of my company are leaving the game as well. Conan most probably. GG developers. 3 months and more than 700 hours lost. We really loved our place, our base, traveling all over the world. Not gonna do that from zero

You do know conan sucks too right?

our small company decided to wait till the wipe, we all knew it was coming, and will probably happen maybe 2ish mores maybe more up to include official release. Early access, helps them test the game, and report things and get thigns right. EA is basicly the new beta, which you pay to get into at a highly discounted rate. Once it goes full release it will go to full game price and you will never have to pay extra money to continue playing ((unless expansions etc etc)). When you buy the game, steam WARNS you this is an early access game. The developers have said, everythign tells you, nothing is permanent. Wipes happen. do NOT play this game if you cant deal with it. Wait till full release. full stop

• Like 1

A game like this will have 5 or 6 more wipes, if they have the ARK recipe 3 or 4 years on early acces, so be aware, more wipes coming!

12 hours ago, kolonelu said:

A game like this will have 5 or 6 more wipes, if they have the ARK recipe 3 or 4 years on early acces, so be aware, more wipes coming!

Thats fine if done correctly!  Not letting the community know about the wipe, then put on the Game splash screen when u log on that the wipe/new patch will be on the 20th then go against what is still there while the players leave because there is no reason to log on.  That is uncalled for and needs to be addressed and not by giving the community a Hat!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fly200 said:

Not letting the community know about the wipe, then put on the Game splash screen when u log on that the wipe/new patch will be on the 20th

They did let us know.  They told us about 3 weeks ago about the incoming wipe.  It's been all over the forums since that Thursday's Livestream.  Hell, it was already being talked about on the forums almost a week before because of a leak.  There's been ample heads up about it.

16 hours ago, Fly200 said:

That is uncalled for and needs to be addressed and not by giving the community a Hat!

This, ladies and gents, is what we call entitlement.  They don't have to give us shit.  Especially since they let us know well in advance.  Most titles you don't get anything when a wipe happens.

1 hour ago, CazzT said:

They did let us know.  They told us about 3 weeks ago about the incoming wipe.  It's been all over the forums since that Thursday's Livestream.  Hell, it was already being talked about on the forums almost a week before because of a leak.  There's been ample heads up about it.

This, ladies and gents, is what we call entitlement.  They don't have to give us shit.  Especially since they let us know well in advance.  Most titles you don't get anything when a wipe happens.

Unlike you over 80% of the playerbase does not look at forums.  They don’t watch live-streams because we actually have jobs and a life outside atlas.  So unfortunately the splash screen is what we choose to believe!  As for entitlement your opinion is garbage!  And ALL titles have a community manager that actually communicates so these feelings do not happen!  Ya F-n jackwagon!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Fly200 said:

Unlike you over 80% of the playerbase does not look at forums.  They don’t watch live-streams because we actually have jobs and a life outside atlas.  So unfortunately the splash screen is what we choose to believe!  As for entitlement your opinion is garbage!  And ALL titles have a community manager that actually communicates so these feelings do not happen!  Ya F-n jackwagon!

School and that 6 hour per week job at Wendy's really messes with your gaming.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fly200 said:

Unlike you over 80% of the playerbase does not look at forums.

That's a rather bold claim.

They don’t watch live-streams because we actually have jobs and a life outside atlas.

I'm at work right now, cupcake.  I watched the live stream on my day off while I was playing Atlas.  But hey, nice try with insult.  You failed, but hey, you tried.

So unfortunately the splash screen is what we choose to believe!

OK, not sure what believing has to do with what I replied to or said...

As for entitlement your opinion is garbage!

Says the guy throwing insults.

And ALL titles have a community manager that actually communicates so these feelings do not happen!

You would be referring to Dollie here.  And she does communicate these things.  On Twitter and Discord.  Funny thing, though, I'm not on Twitter and I rarely load Discord at all and I still knew about this wipe before the splash screen.  Sounds like you don't have much interest in this game if you can't be bothered to keep up with the communication from the community manager.  And since you don't have much interest in it, then why do you care about the wipe?

Ya F-n jackwagon!

It's adorable that you're calling me this while trying to justify your own ineptitude.  Keep on keepin on, cupcake.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 9:28 AM, travis843 said:

I can tell you for sure this one wont return if my progress is wiped and im sure im not alone. I can deal with losing land but not progress and losing my ships is also big but not as much. I dont care if this game is so much fun it causes seizures, im not starting over. I dealt with all this in Ark and thats where ill return since i play on private servers there. I regret i didnt just play private on Atlas as well. So just know you speak for yourself, not me or anyone else for that matter. Be gone troll.

Well Bye....

On 3/3/2019 at 5:58 PM, travis843 said:

They should already see that due to their "improvements" over half of the players have left the game. I was in a company of only 8 and all have stopped playing but me. I mean they nerf fire arrows to where fist do more damage which is just pure stupidity and firearms have about the same damage as a common arrow. How much more stupid can this game get?........oh wait let wipe all the progress of the loyal players and see how many more will quit. First it was chinese expoits now its dev rapage. This game should be a 5 dollar add on to ark. I was enjoying this game for like 3 weeks since i got it but it became too much of a grind. Now all the hard work its rewarded by poop thrown im my face by the alpha monkeys. I see no more than 3 people on any given server for the past few weeks then, this wipe is announced and im the only one on. I used to get on and sail to regions and the chatbox was always full of people chatting and now its a ghost town. The gold rush is over i guess. This is a real joke of a game but could have been great and if they continue at this rate, this game will be the modern version of ET on the Atari aka the biggest game mistake of all time. But lets not listen to loyal players, only the babys who got the game a week ago and whine bc they cant find land. I bought this game 2 days after release and if you were lucky you could find a small corner after searching a few days. A wipe is NOT the answer. Just shorten the time to maintain claims and implement the upkeep, so those who log on once a week just to keep the land have to acually play or lose it. But to start with, with all the nerfs and exploits that happen with each update, fix whats broken so those players will return.

Were all taking a break til patch hits whenever that will be 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:21 PM, bigfishrob said:

blame the top companies, hackers, and greedy land grabbers. It was so bad at this point for new players it had to be done. The land grab was sick, and new players had little to no chance of getting land. and to those saying.... oh land ez quit being lazy ect..... for one i searched a LOT and had just gotten land by one nice player giving it to me. secondly new players have even less idea how to deal with claiming and how or when to do it to succeed.

BUBBALOOEY SMALL COMPANY. WE GET LAND, BUT LOST BABY MOMMA ALONG THE WAY. SO WE SELL FOR GOLD SO OTHERS HAVE. RESOURCE HOGS SUCK SO WE GET LOTS OF BEARS AND RELEASE ON AGGRESSIVE NOW NO TAMES THEN WE BUILD MILLION BOATS AND CIRCLE ISLAND. STARVE ENEMY NO IN OUT BOAT BLOW UP WE TAKE LAND FROM BIG PEOPLE. EASY AS 1 2 6 NO PROBLEM.

10 hours ago, Luxfere said:

Were all taking a break til patch hits whenever that will be 

Yeah but my company mates and many others left weeks before the wipe announcement. I think many may not be back until the game is more complete. This game is turning out worse than Ark and Ark never had complete wipes, they just added dlc when the world changed. I may do as those who are gonna wait for official release or beta maybe. People are thinking a wipe will make so much land available but if those land babies do come back, it wont be any diffrent. All the land will be gone after the first 12 hours. So if you cant live on the game, you wont have anything. I think the delays are making the most people leave, but ive come to expect incompetence from this game. Its not from a lavk of trying it from trying to please all and thats just not gonna happen. If they use these forums as a base, they are gonna miss the bigger group of people who dont even get on this site, who probably even make up the majority of the player base.

It's an interesting thing this "ark never did wipes" I'm fairly sure when they added the Giga.. many bases were wiped.. in fact, I remember trying to defend many bases from gigas.. before we learned to lure them into the sea and drown em.  They also nerfed flight speed, which essentially was a wipe.. they reset several empty servers.. or turned them into something else.  Also still a wipe.  They did partial wipes with release of snow biome expansion and swamp biome.  Yeh they gave notice.. provided maps.. which weren't entirely correct.  The fact is.. if a wipe is needed, then a wipe is needed.   The reason a wipe is needed in this case, is because of the players.  And in many cases it actually sounds like the very players complaining about the wipe, are likely the ones that caused the wipe to occur!