Razalon

Official PVE Wipe, we are leaving this game.

In all seriousness this makes me nervous as hell. We finally had us a decent plot of land and change is never easy. Im sure we can adapt and make whatever happens work for us though.  Take a deep breath and watch things unfold before you take off.

Game is Strong  the devs are strong  We the players are Strong  BUT FFS  Wipe it already  there is not point playing now untill the wipe so please just do it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Infectious Blood said:

600+ hours when they said they would not wipe.. is a shitty way to fix your own mistakes.

This.

2 or 3 days after release they talked about server optimization. The answers was, that they will NEVER wipe servers in early access. Here we are 8 weeks later.....-> Server wipe. 

Server wipe sucks and a lot of work will be gone. More important is the fact, that they could do another wipe in few weeks later.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bl4ckOut said:

But all depends on how the new autorepair structure will work. If they do it correct, the pillar-spam will not be as horrible as it is now and there is way more space to spread the players because all island are treated equal after the wipe.

Well, i will not quit and dont care so much about a wipe. But the pillar spam will happen. Take a look at lawles zones. They are full of useles structures, pillars and floors. 

I think the severs needs to be administrated by a mod, who will destroy useles objects. Also stupid oversized structures and gate spams need to be ripped down by an mod. Many players are just too stupid to be left alone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

the only way that im gonna continue playing atlas is if they drop the discovery system, or change it because it takes aaaaages to gather discovery points at this point

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidewayzmonekyz said:

the only way that im gonna continue playing atlas is if they drop the discovery system, or change it because it takes aaaaages to gather discovery points at this point

It took me a week to get 8. You need to put work in it, it doesn't come for free.

1 minute ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

It took me a week to get 8. You need to put work in it, it doesn't come for free.

i got 231 discovery points at this point in time, with no power stone nor whale points

6 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

I think the severs needs to be administrated by a mod, who will destroy useles objects. Also stupid oversized structures and gate spams need to be ripped down by an mod. Many players are just too stupid to be left alone.

From your keyboard to the Dev's eyes I hope!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidewayzmonekyz said:

i got 231 discovery points at this point in time, with no power stone nor whale points

Wich all will be wiped.

Bye bye, eat well and sleep good, and ask ARK players how many wipes they have until the game exit from EA, thats happen on all EA games who involve a lot of changes

On 3/1/2019 at 1:53 PM, Razalon said:

Your Wipe the Official Servers, Players leave this game and never come back.

We are leaving too.

6x Harvesting Event HUAR! But wait Server Wipe, the Event is Bull....

then u were not interested in testing the game , it even says the game may or may not change during development ,   yes the flag claim systems changes are rubbish and i hope the forum reaction makes them rethink it , but i don't think the wipe will make players leave and not come back ..

283 discovery points here, more than 600 hours to this. Thinking seriously to not come back. Thanks to change early access in an alpha beta test paid.

4 hours ago, sidewayzmonekyz said:

I never saw a whale.

I never saw a power stone.

I never saw a mermaid.

I Successfully ran the FoY once.

I "discovered" other lawless islands and a few claimed islands and whatever "lore" discoveries I stumbled upon (prob no more than 6)

I love the game and look forward to post-wipe adventures.

• Like 2

Claim system totally changes. There are new rules for building in Settlements etc. This just has to be wiped. And many players duped items, used exploits etc. Wipe has to come with patch like this. 

New fresh start for everyone with much better possibilities to claim land will result in many people coming back. 

Edited by Willard

6 minutes ago, Willard said:

Claim system totally changes. There are new rules for building in Settlements etc. This just has to be wiped. And many players duped items, used exploits etc. Wipe has to come with patch like this. 

New fresh start for everyone with much better possibilities to claim land will result in many people coming back. 

You're talking about pvp with the settlements, this is pve. No claim flags anymore in pve

4 minutes ago, Abysian said:

You're talking about pvp with the settlements, this is pve. No claim flags anymore in pve

Oh true. If they take care of griefers (blocking resource spawns with pillars/foundations etc.) it will be ok i guess. Everyone will be able to play anywhere. 

Edit: I don´t think griefers will place repair structure and keep it filled with resources for repairing btw.

Edited by Willard

4 minutes ago, Willard said:

Oh true. If they take care of griefers (blocking resource spawns with pillars/foundations etc.) it will be ok i guess. Everyone will be able to play anywhere. 

Edit: I don´t think griefers will place repair structure and keep it filled with resources for repairing btw.

You would be surprised how far some trolls will go. It can work out if everyone would play nice and work together instead of against each other. But that's like asking to stop all the hate and fighting irl, it will sadly never happen. We just need flags, but at reduced amount, like 2 per player or max 75 per company.

I have  ~500h playtime, i dont think that i come back after a wipe.

I build my Base on a claimed land with 1 flag(water). Thats enough land.

Limit the flags to 1 or 2 per Person, noone need more land to build a Base! I never understand 100+ flags per player.

No Clain = No Land = No Play

Thats my Base, yes i build it on water and blocking 0 resources.F5A67144E669F59645AB77FB0258F4F431A9EF7F

• Like 5

I don't think they will be to concerned about the backlash on here with people saying "that's it, I'm leaving"

When the game was first released they didn't expect to see the numbers they had in the first place, I remember hearing Jat say this so they obviously had lower expectations of the game in it's development. I'm hearing people say "they won't be able to afford to run the servers now" well if they though the number count was going to be lower before release I can't see them having much of a problem at this point.

Those people who feel they want to leave, I have no doubt they will return, they might not admit it because they don't like the change but they will. 

On 3/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, Fluffypawns said:

well i started on PVE server  and i had a base in N11 it took some time BUT i used my head and well placed flags  and i got to start my base . Yes there are greed feckers out there that spam flags were its not needed  BUT they did it because they could . Now that there will be a limit on the Flags is good leaves more room for others  I still think that each tribe should only be allowed 3-5 flags Max   and Each alliance they join reduce the flags they all can have  this would be great too . No mass tribes with mass alliances . Also for the Lawless i think they should have a Decay of 6 Blocks ( so if you put more then 6 foundations you get a slower time of decay BUT anything under 6 Foundations  should decay  in 3 hours this would prevent mass foundation spam ) or something in that area. Even Better any foundations that are  Below the fresh hold that you put  being 6 or 4  On every daily restart they get auto wiped off the servers. dam i could keep typing but my brain is dieing need Tea  BBL 😄

No Flags for you sir. Flags will be removed and it will pretty much be lawless everywhere on PVE.

Funny that you have not even read the patchnotes.

2 hours ago, BoomerSwaggins said:

More people quite, more land for people.

Yes, right now there is crapton of land... if we are at it... just just need to ask for it.

A ton of people will be leaving -- I personally haven't played in over a month, myself and just came back today to read the updates -- plus the Claim Flag system will be gone + there will be new islands, so there will be plenty of land to go around on PVE for those still interested in the game.

Personally, I'd rather just play ARK. 

11 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I don't think they will be to concerned about the backlash on here with people saying "that's it, I'm leaving"

When the game was first released they didn't expect to see the numbers they had in the first place, I remember hearing Jat say this so they obviously had lower expectations of the game in it's development. I'm hearing people say "they won't be able to afford to run the servers now" well if they though the number count was going to be lower before release I can't see them having much of a problem at this point.

Those people who feel they want to leave, I have no doubt they will return, they might not admit it because they don't like the change but they will. 

Their plan to afford to run the servers was alway through cosmetic microtransactions. If people leave and don't come back then yes it is a valid concern.

It is very easy for people to not return, particularly with games of this size that encourage people to delete if they aren't playing them, more so if they are downloading updates every other day. Once it is deleted there is only a small chance they will come back rather than just move on to the next game.

Games that are funded off of microtransactions must keep their players hooked and hooked continuously for them to be willing to spend on those little things.

Personally I have stopped my building projects and are waiting for the wipe, after the wipe I will make a small base and just wait, I will not be building anything big for months for fear of another wipe after they change their minds about their new system, I will not be investing the time to play the game I will be investing the time to hold the patch of land I manage to grab on day one.