Sign in to follow this  
RenWmn

Deep Sea Trench and Map Design - ?s for Grapeshot Games

I'd really like to be prepared for the changes in March as much as I can.  I know that the rest of dedicated server owners would like to be to!  What we need to know is how we will need to implement the deep sea trenches on our maps. 

Any information that can be given ahead of time would be greatly appreciated!  We need to know if we are going to be able to implement the deep sea trenches in our existing maps or if we are going to need to do a redesign. 

Thank you!

I realized that they would be tied to islands with stones of power. And they will not require any action from administrators.

1 hour ago, RenWmn said:

I'd really like to be prepared for the changes in March as much as I can.  I know that the rest of dedicated server owners would like to be to!  What we need to know is how we will need to implement the deep sea trenches on our maps. 

Any information that can be given ahead of time would be greatly appreciated!  We need to know if we are going to be able to implement the deep sea trenches in our existing maps or if we are going to need to do a redesign. 

Thank you!

Great point.  I was wondering if we would have to redesign our dedicated servers with new areas.  Hopefully they will release a new server editor prior to the mass wipe and update.

I think it would be nice if Grapeshot would through us a bone and give us a community person for dedicated servers. some one that would at least look at our questions and help us out. 

10 hours ago, Margot said:

I realized that they would be tied to islands with stones of power. And they will not require any action from administrators.

That isn't necessarily the case for unofficial maps.  I'm curious too what would happen if a map square has two powerstone islands.  

I think deep see will have to be manage like island are today so you will have to be sure you have enough place between two islands to add it... I don't think it will be auto-generated. Islands are not.

So we will have to maybe make some changes to our maps... I hope the tools will be released prior the update in order to be prepared. At least on that point !

I redid my grid recently to an 8x8, after the recent patch. I now have a few empty zones ready for potential new content needing to be manually added. I hope they update the servergrideditor a day or so before the actual patch goes live so as to give time for unofficial server owners to place the new content ready for the live patch. It astounds me that I managed to get it to fit in 128GB RAM but I'm using both memory page combining/KSM and a little memory compression. No noticeable performance impact for players.

Edited by Ixel