Sign in to follow this  
Kalimur

Pve Land Claim Explanation

I feel a better explanation of how the land claims work in PVE is in order,  Is there land claims? Have banks been eliminated in PVE? What is the distance between foundations that another player can build next to you? How is foundation spamming going to be controlled? Are all islands becoming lawless ?  It would appear that this wipe is geared towards the PVP community and we PVE players have been left by the wayside.

• Like 1

We all have lots of questions and little understanding.  Mostly just guesses.

As I understand it, the PvE servers will all be Lawless.  You can build anywhere, block any resources.  What may control building is the radius made by either your own structure and/or the repair structure you will be required to create to keep your structures from rapidly decaying.  So in effect, your repair structure/buildings may operate like a claim flag with a smaller radius.  Will that radius also destroy resource respawn within its jurisdiction?  Unknown.  If not, resources may respawn right through your structures making your buildings challenging to use.

How will the devs control overbuilding in an area, or building with intent to deny others resources in order to grief them?  As you said above, this is a key question which needs to be directly addressed by the devs.  And yes,  PvE as I said elsewhere has been treated like the redhaired stepchild forced to live in the basement while the rest of the family sits down to a turkey dinner with all the fixins.