Sign in to follow this  
gimpbrush

Playing now or wait for the wipe ...

Hi,

i am really dissaponting  and dont know what to do, what is the point for playing since we will have a wipe in one month ?

i finaly raise a bear from baby after 40 hour of baysitting ...

it is a full wipe so no characters backup or discovery or sucess like kraken , fontain of youth ....

I want to play on official server ( for mmo experience) and all the other stuff.

What is the point of playing now before the wipe ?

• Like 2

They made a mistake it announcing it this early, they should have waited a week before.

Now people are just going to play another game until the wipe, myself included. What would be the point in carrying on now knowing in another few weeks everything is gone? I haven't got the desire to do that, others might though.

• Like 1

It's really up to you and your play style. If you're a weekend warrior just wanting to kill some time and shoot some guns, the game it still the same. If you're a progression minded MMO'er that focuses on advancement, you have nothing to work for.

If they announced yesterday or in 3 week, most if this anger would still be here. At least this way people have time to deal with the rage and decide if they will continue to play before the wipe. That's better then deciding and sitting out the first days after the new release.

Edited by Buck Rider

Well i stopped Atlas today (EU PVP) 

Stood on my base tower, placed a mortar on it... then were thinking how to get a crew member up to it.... theni thought... WHY ?

All gameplay is without a meaning till the wipe.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

Now EVERYONE will get to see what's it's like to loose all ur hard work in one single moment.....love it lol!

If it werent for the 6X gathering I would probably not do much.  But with that ill test some ship designs ive wanted to tinker with.  but that's pretty much it.

Its a mistake to announce wipes so early, 2-3 days tops, just enough time for people to shoot off all their ammo 🙂

Gather 6x for... what ?

For destroying my ships that will be destroyed anyway ?

Why should i protect my ships as they will be doomed anyway ?

Edited by Talono

I'll try some aspects I didn't tried yet. Just to see how they works. Especially related to building battle Galley and do some high lvl SotD's fight.

3 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

I'll try some aspects I didn't tried yet. Just to see how they works. Especially related to building battle Galley and do some high lvl SotD's fight.

Exactly, try some stuff I would not have tried otherwise, only due to the 6x though, no interest in farming without it.

• Like 1

I think they should of had the test server up and running before saying anything about the wipe. I would personally go play on those until wipe if that were even an option.. lol

• Like 1

We are on pve, and we are going to take the time before the wipe to scout out potential new homes. Been in lawless since day 1, and since lawless won't be getting auto repair its time to pick a new home outside of lawless. We are also going to declare war on some of our allies and have some ship battles and base raids. 

With the 6x we are also going to play around with ship builds, since Sotd will be in squads now I'm thinking the kite builds won't be as effictive so we will be playing around with armored builds and sailing as a fleet.

Edited by jabnlab
  • Like 1

Haven't played for several weeks, hoping they'd sort the game out and I'm just going to stop until after they supposedly fix it after the wipe.

Edited by Coggage

I have alot of gold just sitting in the box, I'm going to go knocking on doors (the nice people) on my island and just hand it over, that's until the penny drops and they realise it's no good after a few weeks.

I have so much stuff sitting there along with a zoo full of animals, it's either leave them until timer runs out or let someone else use them if they are willing to still play until the wipe.

nope it could get pushed back for all we know its with  the big update

1 hour ago, jabnlab said:

We are on pve, and we are going to take the time before the wipe to scout out potential new homes. Been in lawless since day 1, and since lawless won't be getting auto repair its time to pick a new home outside of lawless. We are also going to declare war on some of our allies and have some ship battles and base raids. 

With the 6x we are also going to play around with ship builds, since Sotd will be in squads now I'm thinking the kite builds won't be as effictive so we will be playing around with armored builds and sailing as a fleet.

i have kited 4 at a time and killed them all

I'd just use this time to test some things out you were leery about trying before. Experiment with skills, build items you were on the fence whether they'd be useful or not but didn't want to waste the skill points/resources to find out. That's what I'm gonna do anyway. 

no point in me testing stuff out till i know what those new ships will do

i would be farming bps to upgrade for the new stuff but its going be gone

I'm in PvE, I'm going to keep playing, but not the same amount of hours per day, even, a couple of days offline and just to connect and restart the decay timer, but, being honest, now i don't care if somebody take my stuff and demolish my bases, with the incoming wipe, who cares?

So, i'll wait for wipe and try to take a nice place in some similar islands were i have my bases and enjoy the development of the game. I like this game, but as PvEplayer i'm looking for a little relaxing experience, sail, explore, build a nice base, found resources, places, treasures, tame and more so, it's normal that i'm having a kind of disappointment to lost everything that cost me more than 300 hrs to get.

For me, is a break, not the end of the world.

2 hours ago, jabnlab said:

, and since lawless won't be getting auto repair

only in pvp ,pve all islands will be same