Patrik

New rules is not going to work

Hello all,

I dont mind the wipe. That is good. I dont like them making this less and less of a PvP game. That is lame.

The new mechanics is not going to work at all. Its going to be horrible.

When one guild wants to attack another guilds island they will always, yes ALWAYS, use the following tactic.

They will start a few new characters, create a guild, go to the enemy island with a new guild name and build and live there some time in order to store up weapons and bears, and then they will jump ship and join their real company and attack the island. This is the only way its going to play out. Every time. When someone attacks and island this is how it will be done. And because this is without a doubt what is going to happen, then all guilds will adapt to this and kill every newcomer they see on islands they own. So you solved nothing and just made the game dumber, less pvp, and less fun. Also it will make ships and owning the sea lanes even less of a point.

Second, an all see map all the time just removed one of the most fun things in this game. Scouting. Scouting was fun both to do offesivly and also to detect and consider when someone did it to us defensivly. You just killed that part of the game totally. You will always see where everyone lives, and to fight someone you just go to their island PvE style and look at evertying in total safety. Infact, before many battles an island will be competly overrun by people just learning the island. Looking at defences, trying out shooting angels and such. And in total safety! That is so stupid and destroys immersion so much I dont even know if I should cuddle up i the shower and just cry.

Wipe yes, lets restart without cheats. Do these lame changes? NO, it will almost surely kill the game off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Has anything been said as to the state of war declarations? I was under the assumption that war declaration was intended to impact claim flags, and potentially anchored ships. I'm pretty sure on PvP you are going to be able to kill individual players and participate in navy battles without a war dec.

• Like 1

War dec just allows you to raid outside of the 9 hour window is what I understand from that. But i agree with OP they are taking away from the PVP by making the game PVE for 15 hours of the day. During those 15 hours you cannot kill a person that has the invulnerability pretty lame in a PVP server. 

Well the island owner/owners can kill whoever they want whenever they want was my understanding, although If players can spawn out there I dont know how you can stop scouting. 

They shouldn't let you spawn on claimed islands ,but I think there going to..

I guess you'd have to base up and put defensives over the whole island as the owner to stop scouting. 

Edited by Mike L

It does not stop grieving at all, in fact easier to do so. The only thing this encourages is groups scouting their islands and pvp forcing those off the island.

this is all for the sake of having a place to build on..... Not really our issue since limited land, and limited player server counts. That is up the devs to fix not us.

9 hours ago, Mike L said:

Well the island owner/owners can kill whoever they want whenever they want was my understanding, although If players can spawn out there I dont know how you can stop scouting. 

They shouldn't let you spawn on claimed islands ,but I think there going to..

I guess you'd have to base up and put defensives over the whole island as the owner to stop scouting. 

Well, since its PvE most of time you cant not shoot anyone unless its those speical hours and its going to be so silly. Its not PvP anymore and just uninteresting, and also they will noit compete with World of Warcraft anyway, so it will be a failure commercially.

What is really needed is tweaks, and keep it as it is. Use deleopmnet recources and time to keep doing new stuffm quests, more ship types etc. And I firmly believe this game would be much better off, or rather we players would be better off with a monthly fee. With this model they need to sell new copies, wich means they dont care about present players, only to do changes that may attract new plaerys who buy the game. Monthly fee incentiveses the company to cater to the players they have, not seeking to attract new ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

Well, since its PvE most of time you cant not shoot anyone unless its those speical hours and its going to be so silly. Its not PvP anymore and just uninteresting, and also they will noit compete with World of Warcraft anyway, so it will be a failure commercially.

What is really needed is tweaks, and keep it as it is. Use deleopmnet recources and time to keep doing new stuffm quests, more ship types etc. And I firmly believe this game would be much better off, or rather we players would be better off with a monthly fee. With this model they need to sell new copies, wich means they dont care about present players, only to do changes that may attract new plaerys who buy the game. Monthly fee incentiveses the company to cater to the players they have, not seeking to attract new ones.

Lol why would they compete with WoW? You can compare games which are at least similar like WoW, Guild Wars 2, Elders scrolls online, Black Desert etc. 

Atlas is totally different from those games. 

About new/old players. With this patch they will lure many "old" players to come back. True is majority of players hates this unlimited pvp which is only about offline raiding/offline griefing. If you can´t merge with megatribe to cover 24/7 (or your company has people from different timezones) you have no chance in current system.

Edited by Willard

I just played since launch in a small guild, around 40 people. We never did offline raid anyone, and did not bend to any zerg will. We are just fine. Did we get offline raided? Yes we did, did we quit like cry babies? No we did not. We scouted and found the offline raiders and went there prime time and wiped them out. It has been super fun. And we never grief, we never cheat and we dont zerg. Worked just fine for us. And we had fun.

Does the game need a wipe? Yes it does. Does it need tweaks? Yes it does. Does the offline raiding need tweaking? Yes for sure.

But the game dont need to become carebear easy. There is a PVE server for that. Fix the cheats, fix the duping, start banning offenders. But dont dumb down the game, it wont make it anymore succesful if you do. In time and fixed and tweaked it would be hugely succesful as it is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Patrik said:

I just played since launch in a small guild, around 40 people. We never did offline raid anyone, and did not bend to any zerg will. We are just fine. Did we get offline raided? Yes we did, did we quit like cry babies? No we did not. We scouted and found the offline raiders and went there prime time and wiped them out. It has been super fun. And we never grief, we never cheat and we dont zerg. Worked just fine for us. And we had fun.

Does the game need a wipe? Yes it does. Does it need tweaks? Yes it does. Does the offline raiding need tweaking? Yes for sure.

But the game dont need to become carebear easy. There is a PVE server for that. Fix the cheats, fix the duping, start banning offenders. But dont dumb down the game, it wont make it anymore succesful if you do. In time and fixed and tweaked it would be hugely succesful as it is.

Majority of players was offline raided. They rebuilt 3-4 times and then they gave up because it´s a waste of time. 1 person with a cannon bear can sink your whole fleet throught your 100 puckels/cannons/swivels. That´s current system and without complete change you can´t to anything about it. Majority of players don´t like it and left the game. Only those who have 24/7 covered or those who were extremely lucky not to face dedicated griefer / company who has people online during night time stayed. 

There is no crying in that, it´s just pointless to play if you can´t defend anything during being offline.

ORP won´t solve this, people will start to go offline as soon as they figure out someone is rading them. 

Edited by Willard

19 minutes ago, Willard said:

Majority of players was offline raided. They rebuilt 3-4 times and then they gave up because it´s a waste of time. 1 person with a cannon bear can sink your whole fleet throught your 100 puckels/cannons/swivels. That´s current system and without complete change you can´t to anything about it. Majority of players don´t like it and left the game. Only those who have 24/7 covered or those who were extremely lucky not to face dedicated griefer / company who has people online during night time stayed. 

There is no crying in that, it´s just pointless to play if you can´t defend anything during being offline.

ORP won´t solve this, people will start to go offline as soon as they figure out someone is rading them. 

And to stop people from logging they would setup a 1 or 2 hour timer before their stuff goes invulnerable to stop people from raid logging. 

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

I just played since launch in a small guild, around 40 people.

That is not a small company. Small is 1 to 10

On 3/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, awakatanka said:

That is not a small company. Small is 1 to 10

1 is not even a company. But humor us on what you consider small/medium/large?

10 people active daily would be small. 10 people total with only 2 or 3 active at a time is tiny.

I would say 40 is getting into mid-range but is far from large.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 11:46 PM, labatts said:

War dec just allows you to raid outside of the 9 hour window is what I understand from that. But i agree with OP they are taking away from the PVP by making the game PVE for 15 hours of the day. During those 15 hours you cannot kill a person that has the invulnerability pretty lame in a PVP server. 

Actually, that is just for islands that have become settlements. Outside of those settlements i.e. in the open waters, they are fair game.

On 3/3/2019 at 5:29 AM, Patrik said:

I was pointing out that the settlement owner can shoot whoever he wants I'm pretty sure no matter if its pvp hours or not, you just cant damage anyone there if your not part of the settlement, outside of pvp hours, but I think if the settlement owners dont want you there they can kill you and take your stuff, sink your ship and all that. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how they made it sound in the live stream. 

Also they said it takes like 15 minutes before your ship goes pve when you sail it to YOUR settlement. 

It will be a risk to sail to anyone else settlement at any hour, since they can still wreck ya. 

However I do hope they address spawning on people's settlements just to scout out their defensives. 

I dont think all these settlements are going to be pve most of the time where everyone's safe, I think only settlement owners and allies to them will be protected. 

bro that's like saying you know an entire book because you read some descriptive sentences on the back of the book. trust me, there will be more to it, and if there isnt, there will be so many salty mofo's talking shit in the forums that they will be forced to spice it up. I'm constantly suggesting instanced battleground, or fight pits for some nice rewards and instant glory without too much risk.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:53 PM, Patrik said:

Top man could not have said it better , I was In a 15 - 20 man guild that held its own , survived exploiters , cheaters 150 man Japanese zerg in offline hours , ended up going solo due to RL commitments not had an issue but that's because im used to RUST this is far less brutal.

This company is dumbing the game down for sure and it will make it boring and less appealing when ppl just camp home tile all day with no consequences. They tried raid timings in other games with war tokens it just doesn't work

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slightlymad79 said:

Top man could not have said it better , I was In a 15 - 20 man guild that held its own , survived exploiters , cheaters 150 man Japanese zerg in offline hours , ended up going solo due to RL commitments not had an issue but that's because im used to RUST this is far less brutal.

This company is dumbing the game down for sure and it will make it boring and less appealing when ppl just camp home tile all day with no consequences. They tried raid timings in other games with war tokens it just doesn't work

You guys really forget that if this stuff is too hardcore, players will leave the game and you are all alone in this 64by64 map. But this game needs thousands of players on one server to work. And It is not going to work if people constanly lose their shit in the night. One raided Base in the night means alot less PvP in the next primetimes or two. Even if those raided guys dont complain, they need to build up again and most likely go into farm, tame, build or pve mode for quite some time. That means alot less PvP for everyone because of some stupid night raids where very few people play against the environment and call it pvp.
There is no optimal offline raid protection system. ORP has its flaws as do raid hours. Giving the defender better means to offline protect is also not a good idea as it would also make online raiding alot harder. And there would be constant bitching that this and that is too much or too less.

• Like 1

If you want PVP like that go play Rust. This was designed to be a Pirate MMO with some survivability elements. The Devs are doing an AMAZING job now at making changes.

1 hour ago, Congo said:

If you want PVP like that go play Rust. This was designed to be a Pirate MMO with some survivability elements. The Devs are doing an AMAZING job now at making changes.

Well if they had a pirate themed Rust with cannon ships yes I would 100% play that 

1 minute ago, slightlymad79 said:

Well if they had a pirate themed Rust with cannon ships yes I would 100% play that 

My point exactly. This is a Pirate MMO. Not a sandbox PVP game

Too late for devs to change at this point. Ride out the next iteration of rules and hope for improvements later.

Devs are hard headed since ark and need to see it broken and abused. They never listen to theory crafting.

The best thing you can do is abuse the things you feel are broken as much as possible to get attention.

1 hour ago, Pallist said:

Too late for devs to change at this point. Ride out the next iteration of rules and hope for improvements later.

Devs are hard headed since ark and need to see it broken and abused. They never listen to theory crafting.

The best thing you can do is abuse the things you feel are broken as much as possible to get attention.

you are genius, the best way to improve the game is to fuck off the players who are playing it by abusing

3 hours ago, Arykos said:

you are genius, the best way to improve the game is to fuck off the players who are playing it by abusing

Thank you for the compliment, you're too kind.

Yes, the best way to show there are issues with mechanics during early access, in which the players function as beta testers, is to purposely break them.

As i said before, the devs are notorious for being hard headed with theory crafted issues and only react when there is proof players are being driven away.