Sign in to follow this  
deadscvm

Has anyone figured out where to get salt?

is it a specific resource i need to find or is there some tool i need to use that im missing? real tired of food spoiling. thanks.

I havnt seen any salt myself,but in ARK its abundent in desert area,so my idea islands in desert zones should have it.

Also pressing H and looking at resources tells you what it contains, so you can check everything and make a list where to get stuff.

I have started in the tropical area. There I found several rocks near to salt water on several islands with salt - sometimes more salt that anything else

17 hours ago, BearMitten said:

Build a shovel and dig near the ocean. Salt boom

This works,but... I only got 1 salt for like 15 min digging.. Its not viable solution as finding salt rocks and mining them.

Shovel Is nice for water thou.

2 hours ago, darcek said:

This works,but... I only got 1 salt for like 15 min digging.. Its not viable solution as finding salt rocks and mining them.

Shovel Is nice for water thou.

Go to the desert regions.

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2018 at 5:59 PM, MindOfMadness said:

Go to the desert regions.

Ive been to desert regions..

No salt there..mainly death,those areas me think end game zones..wild life extra on agrressive,every carnivor had 2 digit levels etc.. not nice place to explore and if the animals dont get you..the weather will..

Just now, darcek said:

Ive been to desert regions..

No salt there..mainly death,those areas me think end game zones..wild life extra on agrressive,every carnivor had 2 digit levels etc.. not nice place to explore and if the animals dont get you..the weather will..

There's a freeport in the south that has it all over around the coast. My game is currently jacked up or I would find which one but can't get more than 4 FPS currently.

D8 Freeport, this is the island to the West, but i'm pretty sure all the islands in this zone are just 90 degree rotations of each other.

Here's an image of where they are on the island and what they look like.

https://imgur.com/a/N9BxqZr

Edited by Murreth

On 1/1/2019 at 7:16 AM, Murreth said:

D8 Freeport, this is the island to the West, but i'm pretty sure all the islands in this zone are just 90 degree rotations of each other.

Here's an image of where they are on the island and what they look like.
Salt

Your link is broken but I can finally confirm,salt is found in D8!

Its definitely not anywhere on the beach,it is found in specific area where you can get few nodes,unlike rocks for example which are all over metal nodes etc..

here is a proper pic of how it looks like:

salt.jpg