Our thinking about way where this game go????Please vote.Maybe we can point out to Devs what is good or not!!!!!!!!!  

69 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What you think as player over new changes to server wipe and new claim system?????

• Dev thinking good for community and developing game in good way.
    • This is a total crap of system becuse players loose too much.
    • This makes me to leave game and never come back.
    • Devs need to think again about wipe and claim system and redesign that in some other way.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/13/2019 at 11:00 AM

In poll i wanna just show Devs what we as community think about new claim system and server wipe.

wipe the map if needed but at least let me keep my character. That is the thing that is hardest to earn.

• Thanks 1

You're always going to have a split over these things though, I'm sure the devs know this also. I wasn't happy with the way flags worked, everyone hoarding them and no land available now I'm happy they are changing it.

Those said players are now in our position of "we don't like it" that's how it goes. They have to test these things out, it might only last for a month or 2 then change to something totally different like 1 flag per person, who knows but you're never going to get everyone happy on this, guaranteed. 

• Thanks 1

This really shows the developers are primarily thinking about the PvP game, the PvE game is an afterthought.   Which is odd since the changes to PvP are making it more PvE friendly.     With the changes there easily could be PvP servers on a PvE map, this would give a full play opportunities on a single map.

I am a primarily PvE player and the PvP game looks far more attractive than the PvE game  when implemented map wide.    

I have put a suggestion in, that the PvE maps be insteasd PvP maps where where only freeport, lawless and golden age servers are PvE.  There are many lawless places to build, but may want to make the ring around freeports so includes all 9 of the servers as "PvE lawless"

• Like 1

Can't really pick one of your poll answers, because you are asking about two separate things, a server wipe, and the new claim system.

The server wipe I'm OK with.  It was to be expected.

I don't like the new claim system (of lack of) in PvE.

Also, I'm not loosing anything, they are taking it away.

• Like 5

It's hard to vote on this would rather test the new mechanic when the test server comes up, a lot depends on how the decay works in conjunction with the repair box.

In addition will discovery locations be no build

The wipe is more than necessary. And the claim removal is also a kind of solution of the current situation. The decay system is also good. This way the mad builders will be restrained from turning entire islands into concrete blocks. No more 300x300 solo-player useless stone monstrosities and no more private islands.  Good job devs!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’m ok with the wipe, but my wife isn’t exactly thrilled with it.

I think I can see where they’re going with the PvE servers. It almost seems like every server, aside from freeports and golden age ruins, will essentially be a lawless server.

i can see that working well enough, but there are a couple of potential problems with this plan, depending on how it’s implemented.

Resource nodes could be built over and everybody loses access to them. Or they can be walked off and hoarded. We already see this on lawless servers to some extent.

A large enough company could start gating off entire islands for themselves. They’d be able to afford the auto-repair cost to maintain their structures, unless there is an exponential growth in repair costs with the number of structures in the area.

You can also still have some of the same types of griefing that already exist; Gating or pillaring in others ships, structures, tames. Putting pillars in the water to sink ships, maybe even just outside their shipyard to sink freshly built ships.

We may just not have enough details about their solution to get a full picture of what they’ve planned. They may have solutions for these potential problems and others that I haven’t even thought of yet.

And even if there are major issues with this new plan, they’ve already shown that they’re willing to make major changes to try and improve things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Salty Del said:

I’m ok with the wipe, but my wife isn’t exactly thrilled with it.

I think I can see where they’re going with the PvE servers. It almost seems like every server, aside from freeports and golden age ruins, will essentially be a lawless server.

i can see that working well enough, but there are a couple of potential problems with this plan, depending on how it’s implemented.

(followed by a list of big problems)

There's no need to guess about it.  They're just turning all the islands into lawless.  We know what lawless looks like now.  Why would anyone expect it to be any different?

7 minutes ago, Salty Del said:

We may just not have enough details about their solution to get a full picture of what they’ve planned. They may have solutions for these potential problems and others that I haven’t even thought of yet.

They've said what their solution is - upkeep.  They think that putting upkeep on buildings will prevent people from doing that, which is a little crazy.e  If it's a huge upkeep, the megas will just load up the resource boxes and not bat an eye.  If it's a small upkeep, the megas will just load up the resource boxes and not bat an eye.  So we've gone from people complaining about having to live on lawless to making everyone live on lawless....with upkeep.  We have the Captain's Log describing it.  What more details are you expecting?

10 minutes ago, Salty Del said:

And even if there are major issues with this new plan, they’ve already shown that they’re willing to make major changes to try and improve things.

Well, sorta.  I was thinking about that this morning.  They have jumped in with some changes when people complained enough, like for weight griefing.  The changes weren't always very good, but you had to give them credit for at least listening.  However:

We keep hearing them say they're looking for feedback, looking for feedback, looking for feedback. 

We have fought through all the bugs and the griefing, and the network problems, and everything else, and the pve community has given them a TON of feedback on claims, and the vast majority of people wanted either claims limits or upkeep or both.  All the major discussions about claims on pve have been about whether there should be limits or upkeep.  So they took our feedback and tossed it in the trash.

Now we're expected to get through a server wipe, this new system with the inevitable spamming and griefing, all the new bugs that will be introduced, and (for the small companies) watch everyone else skip off to play new content we'll never get to do, and all because they want our feedback, want our feedback...

They already have our feedback.  The next feedback they're going to get is likely watching the door hit masses of pve players in the ass on their way out.  Who is going to keep fighting through a bunch of crap every time to give them the same feedback when they pay no attention to it?

• Like 1

the only way all island wont look like lawless is if the autorepair building has

A:a max build radius and B: are limited to 1 per company , or all we will see instead of flags everywhere will be autorepair buildings and pillars ,,, nothing will have changed ,whole islands still owned by who can get there first and spam the most pillars/ foundations and get their auto repair buildings up ..

• Like 1

For best gameplay, your Company might need a place in, say, the Tropics and in Tundra, so a limit of one auto-repair building per company won't work.  Otherwise, you might as well say each Company gets one building and  that's it, period.  That makes a Leaderboard on PvE a joke at best.  (I would like the PvE Leaderboard removed fwiw, but that's a different issue).    Also, there's nothing to prevent your Company from having several auto-repair buildings on  the same island, so you could in effect claim nearly an entire island on PvE.  However, the question is, what will block resource respawn?  If it's structure proximity, then the question becomes 'which structure'?  Because the auto-repair structure radius could be different from the other buildings' radii in what respawns it controls.  So many questions, so few answers.

27 minutes ago, UDO said:

the only way all island wont look like lawless is if the autorepair building has

A:a max build radius and B: are limited to 1 per company , or all we will see instead of flags everywhere will be autorepair buildings and pillars ,,, nothing will have changed ,whole islands still owned by who can get there first and spam the most pillars/ foundations and get their auto repair buildings up ..

I think the autorepair building will be kinda like the tax bank, just one per server allowed per company. That way the new system really could work.

• Like 1

I left the game long ago, I'm glad they have finally changed how it works and I'm happy to be coming back to something new. Thank You for changing it and taking away claims, I like the idea of auto repairs on structures.

• Like 2

BLA BLA BLA  all those who have many flags complain about losing access to resources, and that they do not know what, the flagship system was bad, very badly designed, it is very good that it will be definitively removed, the system must be simple for not all of them have the whole island for a 2-person company and the rest of the 500 are quarreling on a piece of the island, at least now the islands will be distributed equally

• Like 2

The best part of the building upkeep is that will prevent solo players to have private islands as it is now. If a mega tribe is having one - that is normal as it a really collective effort and they have the manpower to sustain it, but a solo having one just because he was the first that arrived there - well, no. In reality, a 10x10 base is more than significant for a company of up to 10 players. The rest is greed. So if you are greedy - pay the price. 

Currently playing PVE, stopped playing PVP since it was not being that much fun and it took so much time which I don't have. 

This options don't reflect what I think, the wipe is necessary, a form of control over foundation spamming is necessary as well. Claim system does need a rework. 

Company sizes should not be as big, 250 is still a very big number, that is way more than 1 server can hold, smaller number will allow for more companies. Mega companies are not fun.

If there will be no ownership of property and all zones will be lawless then I for one will not be coming back after the wipe.  I do not understand why we can't have settlements in pve but with no raid windows.   If I am in error , and I hope I am, please explain it to me.

If they want players to come back like myself they are making the right choice in taking the flag claims away. If they revert back to how it was I for one will stay well away from it again and so will the many thousands that have left.

If they want any chance in bringing players back they are going down the right route, I'll be 1 of many to return.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/1/2019 at 2:12 PM, Bl4ckOut said:

I think the autorepair building will be kinda like the tax bank, just one per server allowed per company. That way the new system really could work.

one per grid = assholes traveling to other grids placing them on top of resources and spamming area, the devs need to comment on how we are meant to protect resources from being built on and despawned , the flags allowed us to protect the resources , now we have nothing ,

we need more information about this , but as usual the amateurish devstream didn't tell us the players the testers anything much about the systems just what they were going to do ,

• Like 2

But why wipe our characters? I mean with all the discoveries and work that went into getting my lvl high enough to have enough points to build stone or even a Brig or tame tier 3 or points in all 3 so I didn't have to re-spec every other day. And why is there no mention on what they plan on doing with the fountain of youth? I really hate the fact that we are losing our characters. 

• Like 1

some other question are unclear.for example 

• A claim flag cannot be placed without a tax bank.

So my thinking is that island claimers must farm gems for tax bank.Or devs think other way.Its so much unclear and confused in last log that THEY MUST CLEARY TELL US ALL>MUST.They made this game,but we play it.We spend our time in it,plus our money so is necesary to clear all out.Also i think that they need hear us and what we think.This poll is intened to show Devs in failure with char wipe and claim system.This two thing are not connected and hot theme and both need  another solution to be made with it.

Edited by mojazena