Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Your strategy after the wipe ?

The best will be quickly to settle on a regular island but NOT to claim it. The owner will soon be challenged by megatribes. As a slave i dont care who rules the island i am living on. The new owner wont wipe me as he is dependent on my slave work income.

So i have to live with the 30% tax penalty but on the other hand have protection from the raid timer of the island owner plus the natural protection of „if you kill the slave he can no longer work for you“ effect.

If i feel to be ready to conquer an island from the owner i can try and eventually crown myself. 

Till then i have interesting PVP during raid hours from raider parties lurking on the island to earn easy booty. I can myself start a ship raid to another island ... hopefully i find one with a raid timer fitting to my time zone.

Living in lawless could be possible, but is highly dependent on implementation of the decay system.

In case of emergency i can still live in a freeport and punch chicken😂

Edited by Talono

depends if lawless is getting screwed or not.

if not then i will run back to my original lawless island and quickly put foundations around where my base used to be.

• Like 1

Seems to me it will still be larger tribes just split up into smaller factions. Same thing, just a workaround that wont always be so obvious. Now be even easier for larger tribes except farming which will fall on the smaller tribes just needing land again. There is no overthrow bad island leaders when the majority is the power dictating the others. Meatshields and slaves again, and easier for large tribes.

FK it's a feudal system isn't it? So much for adventure, exploring, and discovery, and spontaneousness. Sounding more and more like typical MMO.

Edited by mastro_akq
  • Like 1

Yes i currently have 2 bases in lawless and one in regular territory. The regular base ist just for teasing megatribes who think quantity is more important than quality. Which is not the case if a skilled PVP player carefully selects time and location of his attack.

Unfortunately „quantity lovers“ will be protected by the raid timer after the wipe.

I like living in lawless but if Robin Hoods tree house takes too much decay damage he will be forced to live in Nottingham as servant of the sheriff 😉

Its a feudal system slave market eco now in game. Not even really exploration, discovery, adventure based. One claim per island with larger tribes being able to dictate even more. In theory I would even take the current system over that with just a fresh start. Which little small tribes do the most work constantly for their overlords? But are always expendable. Eh not gonna fret. Its their game. Doesn't sound appealing to me. Doesn't sound like a fix the more I read about it. I would have preferred way more indepth base mechanics and buildings things and abilities. Gonna be an even worse slave system than before. Now full on feudal with island owners being lords managing islands, subject to higher company their company owners. More grinding for smaller tribes to maintain and have land for larger tribes. Cant even choose what to build. People pigeonholed into specific builds even more. I dont care about the wipe but the changes sound way less appealing. Meatshields and slaves, more toxic diplomacy, total what have you done for me lately for larger tribes to smaller tribes on their island or in their governing zones.

No thanks. Not really interested anymore in the proposed changes. I really dont like this whole everyone is a puppet and number type thinking just to suit larger battles and have specific roles. Losing its appeal to me and fun level. These proposed changes dont actually solve the problem for smaller tribes and solo players at all. Its more likely than before they will be dictated and forced into crap.

Edited by mastro_akq
  • Like 1

Like many it seems, my strategy is to quit. No point in building after 3 months of work lost or the risk of yet another wipe. My intention was to bring in some old friends this Summer into the city I built, about 12 of us, but that plan is no gone.

Edited by Darkintellect

Nah..never give up ! Adopt the changes and use them to your advantage.

Not the strongest creature will survive, but the most flexible and smart.

Hmm, i thought about a base high on a rock securing all neighbor elevations with foundations. Unfortunately not working since we have no physics for sky laddar construction without height limitation... a raider simply can build a mortar sky platform = game over.

I think best will be a massive honeycomb stone fortress built deep into a valley directly into a mountain.

You can not prevent cannon fire but only make it costly in terms of ammo and time for the raider. A base that can be reached by ship cannons has to be avoided at all cost ! It takes efforts to place a cannon and fire for 2 hours on stone walls.

It takes no efforts to auto fire a 150 shotgun front broadside of a galleon.

Which other survival strategys come to your mind for small tribes/solo players ?

Edited by Talono

Well I won't be putting a flag down to claim the island I know that much, I don't want that hassle, let whoever it is have the hassle of declaring wars and things, I'm not interested. If I wanted a war I would play PVP.

I will just build somewhere, start a fresh like everyone and hopefully be next to nice people and helping them out. If it's a hostile island I won't be there very long, that's the best part of no flags, you can build on any island, best decision they made in my opinion.

I was so sick and tired of people with claim flags saying "yes you can build here" only for them to demolish it when they felt like it, backstabbers. Well those said people can play PVP now, they can enjoy it there.

I havent really found the right MMO or survival game. I am actually not big on the genres. They always disappoint and frustrate me more than other games. Always end up being pissed with tribe and the grinding. But I may try a game I found yesterday called Heat on Steam. I also dont want to play solo, I got screwed by my last tribe and was expendable. I enjoy playing MP with others, but my luck has not been good with that for awhile now.

wait for game to be re released under new title in hopes people might come back jk  hope it this stuff works out

Edited by Mrbiggs

9 minutes ago, Talono said:

Not the strongest creature will survive, but the most flexible and smart.

You mean the one willing to sacrifice 700 more hours until the next wipe?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mastro_akq said:

I havent really found the right MMO or survival game. I am actually not big on the genres. They always disappoint and frustrate me more than other games. Always end up being pissed with tribe and the grinding. But I may try a game I found yesterday called Heat on Steam. I also dont want to play solo, I got screwed by my last tribe and was expendable. I enjoy playing MP with others, but my luck has not been good with that for awhile now.

Thats just another Ark iteration, same shit diferent ass.

5 minutes ago, Clochard said:

Well, frankly speaking i was surprised that Wildcard/Grapeshot really wipe the servers. They did avoid that in ARK at all cost, as far as i remember there were just one or two wipes very early after alpha launch.

So yes, the wipe is bad. Especially bad because it is not today but we can do nothing till end of the month(no fun in purge, as it is pointless. Maybe fun for underage teens) But i am optimistic that this will be the only wipe.

Edited by Talono

Easy. Playing a tactician in Division 2 and  playing TESO again 🙂

8 members out of my company will also quit.  Around 500 hours for 25 Euro fair trade.

• Like 2

i know i have 926 hrs in just finished my castle with moat painted it and bam we going wipe in a month or more would  have been better just tell me day before wipe but now got a month to wait and see what happens

people who leave the game because of a wipe are just a joke. good that they leave finaly. If you don't want to play the game which basicly contains building most of the time... then go play something else

2 hours ago, EvilNecroid said:

depends if lawless is getting screwed or not.

if not then i will run back to my original lawless island and quickly put foundations around where my base used to be.

THIS! i have the same idea. Hope that nobody take it my place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JotaCe said:

THIS! i have the same idea. Hope that nobody take it my place.

only problem is i heard they r changing islands around so i have no idea if the same island i was on will be there

34 minutes ago, EvilNecroid said:

only problem is i heard they r changing islands around so i have no idea if the same island i was on will be there

Ups, thats a real problem, because the island in the server were i am right now, has clean water, metal, honey, mix of plants, nice beach for shipyard and minimal wild animals (a couple of wolfs). Well, i hope to be lucky and after wipe, found a similar kind of island.

Good luck to you 😉

1 hour ago, Clochard said:

If this is your complaint, then purchasing an Early Access game, where wipes are a distinct possibility from the start, was a choice you should have considered more carefully. In EA you must be willing to sacrifice all progress at any time. The game is still in development. If this is not something you can accept, you should shelve the game until launch.

Edited by boomervoncannon

51 minutes ago, Arykos said:

people who leave the game because of a wipe are just a joke. good that they leave finaly. If you don't want to play the game which basicly contains building most of the time... then go play something else

I think the disappointment it's because all the effort of 3 months playing, sailing around a lot of servers to finally find a spot, to place a base and craft your stuff, building your ships, travel across the map to found new places, different resources. That's because people are leaving, well, at least is my personal reason. I don't see the point to keep playing this month, knowing that all i'll get or build, will disapper in 1 month.

BUT, i know i will back after wipe, it's ok to have new land to claim or to build there, but, i really hope, that the first day after wipe, big companies don't take all the land as it's now.

Im going to build a raft with a bed as fast as I can, zip down to the exact spot I am now, and drop foundations all around where my shit is now.  Just like every other player that doesn't quit between now and then

43 minutes ago, JotaCe said:

I think the disappointment it's because all the effort of 3 months playing, sailing around a lot of servers to finally find a spot, to place a base and craft your stuff, building your ships, travel across the map to found new places, different resources. That's because people are leaving, well, at least is my personal reason. I don't see the point to keep playing this month, knowing that all i'll get or build, will disapper in 1 month.

BUT, i know i will back after wipe, it's ok to have new land to claim or to build there, but, i really hope, that the first day after wipe, big companies don't take all the land as it's now.

Well it's a pirate game, if u play on pvp u conquer islands and u need to rebuild it. Same when u wipe the servers... it's the game... u can be back on a good level after 1 week easily. It will be much easier to get new land with this wipe

We were thinking of going to our lovely Lawless place again, but... I saw pictures renewed Eastern Tundra (we are at I2 it's east from central "H" column but somehow it's still Western) and I wish to go some eastern Tundra Lawless and settle there now.