Sign in to follow this  
Chocolatine

v20 Only big tribe can build free. Nice move XD

4 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

I think you guys are forgetting something.  If the landowner DOESN'T build and protect his tenants then their bases get wiped and his upkeep costs go up.  If the landowner decides to pillage his own tenants for resources, his upkeep will go up (possibly even higher then the amount of resources he stole).

I think the Devs are hoping to set-up a kind of Mayor/Town setting where one Company is in charge of running an island and setting up rules/protection, and if he lets the island become a lawless apocalyptic wasteland of looters and trolls then all the good "farmers" that would help him pay his upkeep will leave.  Eventually his grand utopia dream will crumble and die as he realizes that without his farmers he can't afford to keep the island anymore.

Yes. It gives freedom to the slave companies to do what they want and not worry about putting up defenses. They can just worry about passively getting resources through the taxes for things like defenses. It sounds like it will work like a country were citizens build homes and stuff and give the government money to protect them.

Just now, Arykos said:

wartime = raidtime

can you hint me to where this is said. As i read it wartime is the time an actual war is happening (someone bought and dropped the war token). They never really sepcified if raidtime adheres to the same rules. And if it does then during raidtime, the raider is free to put a mortar next to your base which is a bad thing as it would mean spamming pillars again.

17 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

I think you guys are forgetting something.  If the landowner DOESN'T build and protect his tenants then their bases get wiped and his upkeep costs go up.  If the landowner decides to pillage his own tenants for resources, his upkeep will go up (possibly even higher then the amount of resources he stole).

I think the Devs are hoping to set-up a kind of Mayor/Town setting where one Company is in charge of running an island and setting up rules/protection, and if he lets the island become a lawless apocalyptic wasteland of looters and trolls then all the good "farmers" that would help him pay his upkeep will leave.  Eventually his grand utopia dream will crumble and die as he realizes that without his farmers he can't afford to keep the island anymore.

Yep this is my point. Don´t get how it can so hard to understand.

5 minutes ago, Arykos said:

the only difference is that u can force "raidtime" with the token

"When an island has been deemed warlike, building rules no longer apply. After the war has ended, the normal rules are enacted again. "

It never says anywhere that the daily radistatus is the same as war. And again if that is true it would be worse than now because during war an attacker can build mortars directly next to your harbor and base. So raidtime on eg 16:00 - 16:01 your fleet is sunk.

They are adding 200 more Islands to the game. They are adding upkeep which needs to be paid to run an Island. Which basically means big companies will have less islands because why the heck should they pay for running islands they don´t use? It means smaller tribes will still be able to claim their island. 

Everyone and their mom will spawn in some tropical areas to claim land after wipe. Spawn in tundra and claim an Island, it will be peace of cake. Don´t forget there will be about 1100+ Islands to claim. 

Edited by Willard

6 minutes ago, aladinf said:

"When an island has been deemed warlike, building rules no longer apply. After the war has ended, the normal rules are enacted again. "

It never says anywhere that the daily radistatus is the same as war. And again if that is true it would be worse than now because during war an attacker can build mortars directly next to your harbor and base. So raidtime on eg 16:00 - 16:01 your fleet is sunk.

Other companies can build offensive structures ONLY during Wartime. Outside of Wartime, these structures are non-functional (inactive and unusable)

9 minutes ago, Arykos said:

Other companies can build offensive structures ONLY during Wartime. Outside of Wartime, these structures are non-functional (inactive and unusable)

Yeah, so if wartime=raidtime like you said then what keeps an attacker from spamming mortars the second raidtime is on and sink all your fleet the second after? To my understanding wartime has different rules than raidtime. In raidtime the normal rules apply which means no one than the owner can build cannons etc. But that leaves the issue of being totally dependant on the owner when it comes to raid defense. But in that part i find the captains log very unprecise.

Edited by aladinf

nothing prevents him, you found the problem people need to complain about 😃

in my opinion they need to change that kind of system

Edited by Arykos

6 minutes ago, Arykos said:

nothing prevents him, you found the problem people need to complain about 😃

in my opinion they need to change that kind of system

I am still not really convinced the the devs mean wartime=raidtime but as i said they are not very precise and mix up the definitions by themselves during the stream.
The system has a lot of weak points either way.

4 minutes ago, aladinf said:

I am still not really convinced the the devs mean wartime=raidtime but as i said they are not very precise and mix up the definitions by themselves during the stream.
The system has a lot of weak points either way.

What weak points for instance?

6 minutes ago, Willard said:

What weak points for instance?

If raidtime=wartime then people spam mortars the second the raidtime is on which means your stuff is more insecure than it is now
if raidtime<> wartime then you are completely dependant on your landlord to build the defense for your place. Which sucks because alot of people actually like to build up defenses and if the landlord is slacking or cant cope with the amount of building requests then you are fucked up quickly. The landlord should be able to delegate this power to you.

Edited by aladinf

If your landlord raids you, then you demolish all your structures on the island and the island maintenance goes up for the landlord because 1) fewer companies on the island and 2) they aren't getting taxes from you.  

Don't get me wrong, there are gonna be lots of morons claiming island and will try to abuse whoever builds on them.  However they'll be hurting themselves in the long run.

It's going to be very simple.  Unless you own and island, don't try to build a massive fortress.  Build a few small bases spread out.  If one landlord gives you shit you pull out.  

4 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

Don't get me wrong, there are gonna be lots of morons claiming island and will try to abuse whoever builds on them.  However they'll be hurting themselves in the long run.

It's going to be very simple.  Unless you own and island, don't try to build a massive fortress.  Build a few small bases spread out.  If one landlord gives you shit you pull out.  

I understood the incentives they are trying to give landlords. But having him be responsible for the defense of my harbour is not something i want from a defensive and gameplay point of view. He doesnt know the dead corners and other problems of a settlement better than the actual settler does and in my company we have people taking alot of fun in developing the best defensive array or big fotresses. It takes away alot of gameplay features. It creates organisational overhead and internal conflict.
Spreading out on many islands also means you are not contributing alot to the upkeep of the islands that you have bases on which is also not very good.

16 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

If your landlord raids you, then you demolish all your structures on the island and the island maintenance goes up for the landlord because 1) fewer companies on the island and 2) they aren't getting taxes from you.  

Why don´t u claim your Island? There is gonna be 1200 Islands ... Btw why should your landlord raid u? U presume someone acts totally illogical ...

Edited by Willard

2 minutes ago, Willard said:

Why don´t u claim your Island? There is gonna be 1200 Islands ...

It sounds like they design upkeep in a way that a small company cannot hold its own island and that would make sense. And also i dont want to be responsible for the defense of other settlers on my island.

1 minute ago, aladinf said:

It sounds like they design upkeep in a way that a small company cannot hold its own island and that would make sense. And also i dont want to be responsible for the defense of other settlers on my island.

No it sounds like they want even smaller tribes to have an Island ... They want to reduce the amount of Island MEGATRIBES hold. 

Edited by Willard

Just now, Willard said:

No it sounds like they want even smaller tribes to have an Island ...

Then they must have a really steep upkeep cost curve whith the number of islands owned to have incentives to let people live on your island.
I dont say it cant be balanced but this is very very tough.

3 minutes ago, Willard said:

No it sounds like they want even smaller tribes to have an Island ... They want to reduce the amount of Island MEGATRIBES hold. 

mega company will always have couple of islands? why ? that's why they are called mega 🙂 nothing would be so hard to upkeep for 100+ players just think about it . after wipe I give it max 1 week till everything good is claimed then we will see back the topics we had wipe but we don't find land to build . By claimed I mean pillared down 🙂 .  Its still funny to see some people really believe them in what they say . 

3 minutes ago, aladinf said:

Then they must have a really steep upkeep cost curve whith the number of islands owned to have incentives to let people live on your island.
I dont say it cant be balanced but this is very very tough.

Smaller tribe claims smaller, less valuable Island. It wont have a high upkeep. We don´t know how high upkeep is so.

Edited by Willard