Sign in to follow this  
Chocolatine

v20 Only big tribe can build free. Nice move XD

• Settlement owners can freely damage other characters and structures on their island. 

Settlement Build Rules

• Only the owner of a Settlement will be able to build offensive structures (mortars, cannons, and swivels) on their island, outside of Wartime.
  • Structures that are built on a Settlement which do not belong to the Settlement Owner will have a decay timer.
Edited by Chocolatine

I was going to create a thread of this exact same point. This is utterly bullshit.

In the mind of which deep dumfuck retard this seems like a good idea ? In a game with such toxic community ?

You take the ownership of an island, you take taxes, let people create bases, and a few month later you wipe them for ressources/bp/craft. And they can't do shit to defend themselves, like seriously.

(Ps : Team Pain au chocolat !!!)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grogob said:

I was going to create a thread of this exact same point. This is utterly bullshit.

In the mind of which deep dumfuck retard this seems like a good idea ? In a game with such toxic community ?

You take the ownership of an island, you take taxes, let people create bases, and a few month later you wipe them for ressources/bp/craft. And they can't do shit to defend themselves, like seriously.

(Ps : Team Pain au chocolat !!!)

yes i dont understand what the hell teh devs are taking to think this is a good idea , or were they handing out bonuses for the best idea to screw the player base during one of their meetings

Well just to correct your vision, outside the settlement radius on an island, ppl can still PvP all the time. And other companies are allowed to build defensive structures (swivel) all the time. So yes, the owner can try to demolish unwanted structures, but you have a slight chance to defend. So not that bad, but still not the best solution.

I think people are basing too much of these assumptions on past behaviour where the only aim was to land grab to secure an area to defend.

Maybe in this new world we can try talking to each other. Ask if you can build somewhere and when allowed you will be much less likely to be wiped. Eventually players will learn which companies are benevolent and which will wipe them after a period. Also, building outposts on multiple islands is probably going to be the main approach so you can spread your riches around (the same way that mega-corps currently spread their ships around multiple harbours to avoid one bad offline raid sending them back to Rafts.)

I look forward to the changes and how the player-base reacts to the new mechanics. Will the land you build on be protected by a benevolent overlord who has their tax income firmly in focus or will it be ruled by a Tyrannical dictator bent on squeezing every last resource out of your crew?

2 minutes ago, Pizik said:

I think people are basing too much of these assumptions on past behaviour where the only aim was to land grab to secure an area to defend.

Maybe in this new world we can try talking to each other. Ask if you can build somewhere and when allowed you will be much less likely to be wiped. Eventually players will learn which companies are benevolent and which will wipe them after a period. Also, building outposts on multiple islands is probably going to be the main approach so you can spread your riches around (the same way that mega-corps currently spread their ships around multiple harbours to avoid one bad offline raid sending them back to Rafts.)

I look forward to the changes and how the player-base reacts to the new mechanics. Will the land you build on be protected by a benevolent overlord who has their tax income firmly in focus or will it be ruled by a Tyrannical dictator bent on squeezing every last resource out of your crew?

You never played Ark do you ?

When you're at war, and for remember it's attrition war, even the Gandhi style landlord will have to choose between grabbing a high amount of ressources by raiding his settlers, or loosing hour of time cauz of a loss, since he is the on in charge of defending the island.

Even that, if you start to build big, you start to being a threat to your landowner, that is a justification enough for a wipe.

If the landowner plan to quit the game, he can go in a firework by wiping everything, there an incredible amount of situation that could cause a landlord to wipe you.

This will be a typical situation of prisoner's dilemna.

And if you're the one wanting to loose month of farm to learn if your landlord is trustable or not go ahead.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Grogob said:

ark.jpg.988ef04af251f719c1e969b4545fb2e2.jpg

I played a bit of Ark.

• Haha 1

Shutup, filthy slaves ! Accept your fate and go farming ressources for your landlord !😂

1 minute ago, Pizik said:

I played a bit of Ark.

On official ? So you know the best you can expect is the worst you can attend

1 hour ago, Grogob said:

On official ? So you know the best you can expect is the worst you can attend

Yes, 99% on Official, 95% solo. I lived fine through diplomacy and was wiped, maybe, 4 times in that period.

Edited by Pizik

1 hour ago, Pizik said:

I played a bit of Ark.

holy shit 

1 hour ago, Grogob said:

When you're at war, and for remember it's attrition war, even the Gandhi style landlord will have to choose between grabbing a high amount of ressources by raiding his settlers, or loosing hour of time cauz of a loss, since he is the on in charge of defending the island.

Even that, if you start to build big, you start to being a threat to your landowner, that is a justification enough for a wipe.

If the landowner plan to quit the game, he can go in a firework by wiping everything, there an incredible amount of situation that could cause a landlord to wipe you.

This will be a typical situation of prisoner's dilemna.

And if you're the one wanting to loose month of farm to learn if your landlord is trustable or not go ahead.

If you are a rentner there will alyways be a certain amount of trust required, how is that different to things within a company? A company owner (or even admin) also can screw up everyone at any time (and it does happen sometimes).

That's not something you can manage with game mechanics, its where the players come in. The important thing is to have incentives to keep people around and be on good terms with them. To me it seems a lot of ark players should maybe just be less toxic? How about that as a "fix".

PS: If you need to raid your own settlers for resources then you should rly check your priorities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pizik said:

I played a bit of Ark.

I've got exactly half that amount but was done in a year and a half.  Started playing ARK mid June 2017.

ARKhours.JPG

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

1 hour ago, LinkesAuge said:

To me it seems a lot of ark players should maybe just be less toxic? How about that as a "fix". 

Amen to that. IMO the only way to access that is to recruit some ingame mods and start punishing some garbage behavior, until then it will be FFA unfornately.

2 hours ago, Ban Tier said:

Well just to correct your vision, outside the settlement radius on an island, ppl can still PvP all the time. And other companies are allowed to build defensive structures (swivel) all the time. So yes, the owner can try to demolish unwanted structures, but you have a slight chance to defend. So not that bad, but still not the best solution.

I dont read it like that when it says " Only the owner of a Settlement will be able to build offensive structures (mortars, cannons, and swivels) on their island, outside of Wartime. "
to me this sounds like a slave company can build structures (that decay) but no offensive stuff (apart from Puckles). So no harbour defense and no means against mobile cannons. And certainly no means to defend from being kicked out by the landowner.

58 minutes ago, aladinf said:

a slave company can build structures (that decay) but no offensive stuff (apart from Puckles). 

That's dev plan. They don't want multi little trab in alliance either, like mine. Only 10  Friends in a company with other 10 friends, etc...pff no ! It's a nonsense for their logic. They want a game with  5 vs 5 Big company with slave. If you still want  to play pirate company with your friends, well you can but...ho boy😕 

Edited by Chocolatine

Don´t you get it? The owner of the island need to be the main builders and defender of the island. The company's paying taxes to the owner can focus on being pirates and building ships. The price is tax. If the tax is to much move to another island, or heck why only rent on one island? 

You have builders in your team? = Try to get a island.

You have only people wanting to sail? = Pay tax and no need to build defense before you can sail.

I love this.

14 minutes ago, Vidar said:

Don´t you get it? The owner of the island need to be the main builders and defender of the island. The company's paying taxes to the owner can focus on being pirates and building ships. The price is tax. If the tax is to much move to another island, or heck why only rent on one island? 

You have builders in your team? = Try to get a island.

You have only people wanting to sail? = Pay tax and no need to build defense before you can sail.

I love this.

So my 10 man company has to ask the owner to please build some defensive structures so we are able to defend our ships and stuff during raidtimes? Don't think this will work. Neither does this work on the slave who is dependant on the activity of the owner and ahs been taken away a very fun part of the game. Nor ist it working for the owner who will get constant asking for stuff to be build.

Dunno, but why not have an owner approved register of companies that are allowed to build their own defense shit?

Edited by aladinf

5 minutes ago, aladinf said:

So my 10 man company has to ask the owner to please build some defensive structures so we are able to defend our ships and stuff during raidtimes? Don't think this will work.

Well if you as a owner don't do that you will loose companys (taxpayers) to other islands that make a defended harbor for the islands renters.

...or you can go together if the owners is weak and in that way put a better company as the ruler. 

Edited by Vidar

8 minutes ago, Vidar said:

Well if you as a owner don't do that you will loose companys (taxpayers) to other islands that make a defended harbor for the islands renters.

...or you can go together if the owners is weak and in that way put a better company as the ruler. 

As said building rights should be delegatable to other companies.

u can build defenses during wartime ofc.... and they just work in wartimes

8 minutes ago, Arykos said:

u can build defenses during wartime ofc.... and they just work in wartimes

Wartime is a different thing. I am speaking raidtime which will probably happen alot more often.

It feels like with this system our ships are less protected during raidtime than now on claimed land around the clock unless you have an owner that is a crazy builder that builds structures for every company on his island.

Edited by aladinf

I think you guys are forgetting something.  If the landowner DOESN'T build and protect his tenants then their bases get wiped and his upkeep costs go up.  If the landowner decides to pillage his own tenants for resources, his upkeep will go up (possibly even higher then the amount of resources he stole).

I think the Devs are hoping to set-up a kind of Mayor/Town setting where one Company is in charge of running an island and setting up rules/protection, and if he lets the island become a lawless apocalyptic wasteland of looters and trolls then all the good "farmers" that would help him pay his upkeep will leave.  Eventually his grand utopia dream will crumble and die as he realizes that without his farmers he can't afford to keep the island anymore.

18 minutes ago, aladinf said:

Wartime is a different thing. I am speaking raidtime which will probably happen alot more often.

It feels like with this system our ships are less protected during raidtime than now on claimed land around the clock unless you have an owner that is a crazy builder that builds structures for every company on his island.

wartime = raidtime