Sign in to follow this  
Tikar

Is the upcoming wipe going to be also a character wipe?

Can we please get a clear developer confirmation whether the upcoming official server wipe will also wipe players characters? Which would mean that all the exploration people done, would have to be repeated?

I dont understand why there are no specifics about this in the captains log. In ARK early access, wipe like this happend also, but characters did not wipe.

Edited by Tikar

Just now, Percieval said:

They officially confirmed it during the livestream. 

Can you share at what minute? All of this just seems as players supposing things.

Edited by Tikar

2 minutes ago, Tikar said:

Can you share at what minute? All of this just seems as players supposing things.

It was said multiple times doing the stream. Even with extra clarification.

I suggest you watch the entire stream to get everything and not just a few things here and there. There are many other massive changes in it.

Just now, Shintai said:

It was said multiple times doing the stream. Even with extra clarification.

I suggest you watch the entire stream to get everything and not just a few things here and there. There are many other massive changes in it.

I watched it all two times already, I did not hear them mention characters even once, so are you just pulling this out of your ass? or you will share the minute with us.

3 minutes ago, Tikar said:

You have faith in society. You can also just believe what we’re saying. 

1 minute ago, Tikar said:

I watched it all two times already, I did not hear them mention characters even once, so are you just pulling this out of your ass? or you will share the minute with us.

Ok, I think you are either trolling or just skimmed it at best. Enjoy then.

Yes clean wipe including character.

You'll level up easy anyway, they will most likely have X6 xp or something running for a week or more.

Its the foundation spamming I'm more concerned about more than anything.

i dont think foundation spamming  is going to be a problem if they have to upkeep them

13 minutes ago, Tikar said:

You were probably watching something else then..

The guy dressed as a pirate clearly states everything will get wiped including characters. 

They mentioned server wipe.........wiping "Server" means wiping all the data that is on it except the code ofc. and the devs clarified during the stream that everything will be wiped. Its a relaunch rather than an update