Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Current lawless raid meta now copied to everywhere ?

So, after the wipe (during raid hours) i no longer need to claim flags to bring my mortar into range of the settlement owners main fortress (or the bases of the owners slaves), correct ?

I just place a foundation 5 meters away from their main gate, build a cannon and -> profit ?

Sorry grapeshot, dont you have some balance expert in your team ? EVERYTHING in the new PVP system is absolutely „full fail“.

I also want to congratulate the PVE players to their coming pillar spam paradise ! 😂👍

Just believe me, after 20.000 ARK hours i know what i am talking about.

Edited by Talono

50 minutes ago, Talono said:

So, after the wipe (during raid hours) i no longer need to claim flags to bring my mortar into range of the settlement owners main fortress (or the bases of the owners slaves), correct ?

I just place a foundation 5 meters away from their main gate, build a cannon and -> profit ?

Sorry grapeshot, dont you have some balance expert in your team ? EVERYTHING in the new PVP system is absolutely „full fail“.

I also want to congratulate the PVE players to their coming pillar spam paradise ! 😂👍

Just believe me, after 20.000 ARK hours i know what i am talking about.

Right. Yet you’re forgetting there will be probably 40 cannons pointed at you since the land owner can place cannons at any given time. He will have base defenses. 

Edited by Percieval

14 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Right. Yet you’re forgetting there will be probably 40 cannons pointed at you since the land owner can place cannons at any given time. He will have base defenses. 

That are busy shooting wild life and fish? 😄

1 minute ago, Shintai said:

That are busy shooting wild life and fish? 😄

That’s what you make from it. Maybe think about where to place it or maybe they fixed it. 

Is that actually the case? From what I read on the captains log it says raidable during those hours. Are those hours considered "war hours"? It's not 100% clear to me how it reads on the captains log. So during those hours anyone can build on offensive structures on your land?

I read these things from Settlements

• Settlement owners must set a window of vulnerability, currently set to 9 hours, where their island is raidable. Outside of this window, players, structures and ships will not take damage from other players. 
  • Anchored boats or docked boats will follow these same rules, if they are in the radius of a Settlement
  • Non-settlement owners who have cannons on ships and are anchored shall not be allowed to fire cannons outside of wartime.

Then these rules about declaring war which to me means raiding hours are not war just raiding hours which means raiding on foot. Not via ship or land emplacements especially when you read the build rules. Or is "window of vulnerability" = to war. It's poorly explained if it is.

Declaring War

• Players can purchase a war token (significant cost) which can be used to declare war on an island.
  • When war is declared on an island, players must select a schedule time in the future (3 days to 1 week)
  • Only one war can be scheduled at once
  • There is a cooldown after a war has ended before another war could be declared on that island
  • Declaring war is per-island, so it is possible to declare war against multiple islands at the same time.
  • The UI will indicate whether an island is experiencing Wartime soon or is currently in Wartime.
  • Wars will last a fixed period of time
  • When an island has been deemed warlike, building rules no longer apply. After the war has ended, the normal rules are enacted again. 

Settlement Build Rules

• Only the owner of a Settlement will be able to build offensive structures (mortars, cannons, and swivels) on their island, outside of Wartime.
  • Other companies can build defensive structures (puckle) at any time.
  • Other companies can build offensive structures ONLY during Wartime. Outside of Wartime, these structures are non-functional (inactive and unusable)

Edited by Thor Ragnarock

1 minute ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

Is that actually the case? From what I read on the captains log it says raidable during those hours. Are those hours considered "war hours"? It's not 100% clear to me how it reads on the captains log. So during those hours anyone can build on offensive structures on your land?

I read these things from Settlements

• Settlement owners must set a window of vulnerability, currently set to 9 hours, where their island is raidable. Outside of this window, players, structures and ships will not take damage from other players. 

Declaring War

• Players can purchase a war token (significant cost) which can be used to declare war on an island.
  • When war is declared on an island, players must select a schedule time in the future (3 days to 1 week)
  • Only one war can be scheduled at once
  • There is a cooldown after a war has ended before another war could be declared on that island
  • Declaring war is per-island, so it is possible to declare war against multiple islands at the same time.
  • The UI will indicate whether an island is experiencing Wartime soon or is currently in Wartime.
  • Wars will last a fixed period of time
  • When an island has been deemed warlike, building rules no longer apply. After the war has ended, the normal rules are enacted again. 

There are raid hours and war hours. 

Every island has raid hours set by the land owner. Jat said it would be something like 9 hours, which is too much imo. 

As for the wars, you can buy tokens for gold, and with the tokens you can set a time and date to when declare war on an island for a duration of hours. Jat said 12-24 hours. 

I accidentally posted before I was finished with the post. If raid hours are raid hours  and don't equal "war hours" then people can't build offensive structures during raid hours based on the post I just made. Offensive structures can only be built during war.

Just now, Thor Ragnarock said:

I accidentally posted before I was finished with the post. If raid hours are raid hours  and don't equal "war hours" then people can't build offensive structures during raid hours based on the post I just made. Offensive structures can only be built during war.

Yes

Okay and now my tribe will just sink all the ships when they leave from solo and smaller tribes going to do stuff. Not that I would do this I am saying as a player that has that mentality all the time. Until the tribe declares war on mine so it enters wartime from being frustrated and camped.

Edited by mastro_akq

1 minute ago, mastro_akq said:

Okay and now my tribe will just sink all the ships when they leave from solo and smaller tribes going to do stuff. Not that I would do this I am saying as a player that has that mentality all the time.

If they have the time to do that, be my guest. 

So all a company has to do is buy a war token and  it overrides the 9 hour raid timelimit to 12-24 hours  ? Also if the 9 hour timer is cut to anything less we might as well just call this a PVE server because IMO 9 hours is just right if not little short. 

Edited by labatts

2 minutes ago, labatts said:

So all a company has to do is buy a war token and  it overrides the 9 hour raid timelimit to 12-24 hours  ? Also if the 9 hour timer is cut to anything less we might as well just call this a PVE server because IMO 9 hours is just right if not little short. 

9 hours? For a small companies that is a lot. That’s a whole night of sleep gone or a full day of work. I’d like it to be 4 hours for raid and 8 for war. Since there is a cooldown 🙂 

Edited by Percieval

The raid time needs to be longer really.. it that needs to be the time it's not raidable.. 

Buying a war token automatically means smaller tribes cant out battle larger tribes. As in like 5 guys versus 20. Or 20 versus 75. The larger tribe has a heads up, it is more costly to the smaller tribe and leaves them with less time for other things. While large tribe can sit and keep the gold from not declaring and turtle boom. So now we will have campers and turtles too much lul. Just trying hypothesize. 

4 minutes ago, mastro_akq said:

Buying a war token automatically means smaller tribes cant out battle larger tribes. As in like 5 guys versus 20. Or 20 versus 75. The larger tribe has a heads up, it is more costly to the smaller tribe and leaves them with less time for other things. While large tribe can sit and keep the gold from not declaring and turtle boom. So now we will have campers and turtles too much lul. Just trying hypothesize. 

Large companies will have higher upkeep, which are significant if I must believe the hints they were giving during the stream. And if you have 10 groups of 5 people on an island, you’re with 50 since you all share a common goal. 

We’re not saying this is the most majestic system there is, but it is way better than before. Large company? Just declare war on the island and keep assaulting it with 2-3 other islands. You will see way more governance in grids now. 

Edited by Percieval

Makes more sense now that I see how they are tying it together. But right off the bat if you aren't a large tribe you're gonna be subject to the owner company for the island which will almost always be a large tribe reaping benefits and making all the decisions. UGH. Slaves again. From land claim problem to do as the island owner says and be limited in base building. So each grid now has a dictator automatically except lawless. And anyone wanting to stay in smaller tribes expected to be meatshields for the larger tribe and at their becking call now to defend the island, even if that tribe isn't really at war with invaders?

Edited by mastro_akq

4 minutes ago, mastro_akq said:

Makes more sense now that I see how they are tying it together. But right off the bat if you aren't a large tribe you're gonna be subject to the owner company for the island which will almost always be a large tribe reaping benefits and making all the decisions. UGH. Slaves again.

Exactly that. The upkeep cost is a joke for larger tribes, considering their personal income plus tax income.

I mean depending on the exact "years" you want to assume they are having this game based on pirates existing. That is how it used to be. Lawless regions are kind of like living on your own island without someone lording over you. While being on a settlement island you are subject to someones rule. They can be a dictator tyrant or a benevolent ruler or even support a democracy on their island. It opens up a lot of possible living situations between the owner of the land and the people who choose to live there.

6 minutes ago, mastro_akq said:

Makes more sense now that I see how they are tying it together. But right off the bat if you aren't a large tribe you're gonna be subject to the owner company for the island which will almost always be a large tribe reaping benefits and making all the decisions. UGH. Slaves again. From land claim problem to do as the island owner says and be limited in base building. So each grid now has a dictator automatically except lawless.

Not necessarily, since if you don’t like the land owner, you can get rid of him with other groups on the island. A land owner needs to be liked by everyone else on the island, just like other groups on the island need to be liked by everyone, otherwise they will probably be attacked. 

Okay I get all that. But what in any of this is giving much thought to solo players starting out and smaller companies? If they dont race out to take control of an island with a claim, they seem to have the same problem as before. Its like the same thing in a way but larger tribes will be split into different units, and smaller tribes will still be stuck under their tentacle as meatshields now. Are they suppose to get lucky sailing around the map for 2 weeks and just happen to find the right fit for their small tribe with some random land owner? That didn't happen before. Like it all sounds top heavy again and nothing really good for small tribes. Land owners will also blame smaller meatshield tribes for losses and make them expend the most effort protecting the island. It only takes majority to rule.

Edited by mastro_akq

2 hours ago, Talono said:

Pillar/Foundation Spam will be only temporary since all structures will have decay dmg (PVE atleast) and the auto repair (Rust Cupboard) will most likely repair only connected structures. So depending on the decay rate ull have to deal with pillar spam only for some time. GL running around with hammer to repair each pillar/foundation. Bigger problem will be walling off resource rich areas.

1 minute ago, Akai said:

Pillar/Foundation Spam will be only temporary since all structures will have decay dmg (PVE atleast) and the auto repair (Rust Cupboard) will most likely repair only connected structures. So depending on the decay rate ull have to deal with pillar spam only for some time. GL running around with hammer to repair each pillar/foundation. Bigger problem will be walling off resource rich areas.

The walling off of resources will be a bigger problem i think, people will be scared that someone will build to close to metal nodes etc, and therefore will block off giant pieces of land