It seems like you all put a lot of thought into PVP and then forgot about PVE until the last moment.

I urge you (developers) to reconsider your decision to remove claims from PVE.

Doing this will destroy your plans for trade and player markets in the future as everyone will have access to everything. Or nothing as most spawns will be blocked by foundation and pillar spamming.

Player will log in to find their ships enclosed in walls. Resources will be built over by careless players and trolls. 

This decision doesn't resolve anything and adds even more issues.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

(not a dev or anyone with any power) but I have heard of devs stepping in an banning people over greifing by blocking people's land off in pve. Specifically a friend of mine had a chinese guild on their island who build gates in a literal circle around my friend's land. After a report to the dev, they were banned and all the gates disappeared.

It's not really a fix/resolution for the problem..... but at least it's a little less to worry about, yes? 

Greifing is against the rules in pve. And devs will do something about it if it's major like blocking you into your land. Just need to fight for their attention on the topic. I hear they are receptive in the discord if you document it all very well.

I will be posting a separate suggestion thread to try and help with resource blocking. /won't really prevent it but... well.. it might help a little if they're set on the system they laid out so far. I'm not a fan of any of the changes for PVE myself besides getting rid of sea claims.

• Like 2

This could be solved by doubling the sphere of a claim area (sea claim radius) then only allowing 1 flag per member of your company up to 250 flags.

I believe PvE and PvP should have the same rules applied to Claims/Settlements/Tax

I also think Wars should be possible on a settlement in PvE just like in PvP with one exception, both parties approve the War or an allow war check box for settlements in PvE.

Maybe people in PvE would like the War aspect but prefer to be safe sailing the seas compared to PvP style anarchy.

• Like 1

I want to wait and see what they do before I go balista. 

I have heard in PvE that people have not been expanding their companies. Instead, groups of example: 5 would play together but the catch is they all create their own separate companies labels and ally. I know it doesn't sound too shady but it opens the door to some in-game harassing situations. Admins can't monitor verbal chat only chat logs ( I record EVERYTHING!) and other things like endless typed logs. These groups make their mistake when they forget about these things and leave messages on peoples flag with harassing threatening statements. So, the thing I am referring to is they would try to take over a whole island this way. Get people to quit and if your a small group 2-3 someone isn't going to be on all the time. Maybe 4 flags and a sea flag again an example.

I also notice people would do the separate company thing too in anticipation for the flag problem or the rumors floating around about limiting groups to only one flag. So, you got 5 friends equals 5 companies equals 5 flags, that's another way to take an island.

Point is there were lots of problems with the flag system and the ones fighting to save it are most likely up to no good, the ones that want the change have had no good done onto them. Keep the people honest because they can't do it themselves.

Changes aren't permanent but, change is.

Edited by Jay8454

2 hours ago, Dastrip said:

I believe PvE and PvP should have the same rules applied to Claims/Settlements/Tax

I also think Wars should be possible on a settlement in PvE just like in PvP with one exception, both parties approve the War or an allow war check box for settlements in PvE.

Maybe people in PvE would like the War aspect but prefer to be safe sailing the seas compared to PvP style anarchy.

Dark and Light (another snail game) had PvE with the option to do an approved war. Never seen a single player use it. Most PvE players are pretty hard core, never PvP, so what would be the point of that. It would just be an option that is almost never used.

PvE players like to build something and come back a few days later and find it is still there.That is the main reason they don't play PvP. I've played PvP, but never like it in a game world that is persistent. To me, that makes no sense. I'd play it where you lose but come back to fight again. Or where when you log off, you and all your stuff doesn't remain in the world. Some of us have jobs and take vacations and can't watch our stuff 24/7 or don't like to be in a large tribe that has people online 24/7. Nothing worse to me than logging in to find that my character is dead and all the work I did the last few weeks is gone. Hmm, kind of like a wipe that seems very unpopular lately.

• Thanks 1

Isn't dark and light done by the people that did ark and abandon it after wipes balance changes promises and tears?

11 hours ago, Yomaz said:

Isn't dark and light done by the people that did ark and abandon it after wipes balance changes promises and tears?

Indeed it was in a detached sort of way,

It was made by Snail Games USA, which is a division of Suzhou Snail Digital Technology.
Snail Games bought out Wildcard at the end of 2015 https://mmos.com/news/snail-games-usa-acquired-studio-wildcard-developer-of-ark-in-december-2015

Atlas was actually announced by Wildcard at the 2018 game awards not by Grapeshot as Grapeshot was an unknown sister company at that time.

Atlas is made by Snail games in the same way that Pixar Movies are made by Disney, Pixar is wholly owned by Disney but has a degree of autonomy and independence in business and decision making although how much influence the parent company exerts is unknown.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:47 PM, Jay8454 said:

24+ years of computers, all games start out PvP, PvE is a secondary bonus.

LOL...…   What was there before the internet......surely not PvP.  Guess you weren't around then or probably playing console games instead.   MP was a new idea devs didn't want to touch and was a bonus if they did have a MP mode.   As the devs have found making MP games is much easier than having to do all the NPC/AI and animations for SP games......so SP and PvE has taken a backseat due to the devs becoming overly lazy greedy coders.

Edited by cboath

On 6/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, cboath said:

LOL...…   What was there before the internet......surely not PvP.  Guess you weren't around then or probably playing console games instead.   MP was a new idea devs didn't want to touch and was a bonus if they did have a MP mode.   As the devs have found making MP games is much easier than having to do all the NPC/AI and animations for SP games......so SP and PvE has taken a backseat due to the devs becoming overly lazy greedy coders.

Pong black and white pong, Commodore 64, then Amiga, Atari 64, 7200 water balloons at cars, snowmobiling, putting engines and transmissions in cars we put a v8 in a Chevy Monza, trucks, shop classes welding, machining, hunting, fishing, ice fishing, guns, nature, horseback riding motocross, skiing, demo derbys (banned Chrysler Imperial!), I miss my 73 Snowjet SST 440.  Things with computers and programming seem to change monthly these days. Things have gone from Progs, to Apps thanks apple :-( to think I used to like Oregon Trail?