Slamz

lawless Lawless living will no longer be viable

2 hours ago, Slamz said:

Notice that the auto-repair building is specifically listed as a PvE feature. Lawless PvP does not get that.

Lawless PvE does not get that either.  The auto-repair building is not for Lawless.

36 minutes ago, Percieval said:

And what is in your opinion

I have mentioned before to make bases take way less damage when companies are offline pretty much what they are doing now with anchored ships. Everything should be raidable at any time but with a cost. 

Edited by labatts

1 hour ago, labatts said:

I have mentioned before to make bases take way less damage when companies are offline pretty much what they are doing now with anchored ships. Everything should be raidable at any time but with a cost. 

This is nonesense. Either you grant a protection or not. How would you try to balance your cost ?

And why should everything be raidable at any time ? If you really want to take stuff from other people try to get it, when THEY are ready to defend it. YOU want to take something, so YOU have to to pay the cost of being online, when your opponent is.

1 minute ago, Ban Tier said:

This is nonesense. Either you grant a protection or not. How would you try to balance your cost ?

And why should everything be raidable at any time ? If you really want to take stuff from other people try to get it, when THEY are ready to defend it. YOU want to take something, so YOU have to to pay the cost of being online, when your opponent is.

Its not nonsense this way it also allows small companies a chance to make a  larger company weak enough to take out when they are online. There shouldnt be any offline protection at all devs should make better defenses for companies to use

So one time this pirate sailed to this island and went ashore. He found a castle there with a few flickering lights at night. A balcony window was open and he could see how extravagant it was inside. So he told his crew try not to kill, but take whatever you can. If they resist tie them up. Just as they went to scale the walls of the lavish castle with no guards or defenses on a remote island, a huge vivid floating sign appeared in the air and was blinking the words "Sorry I am not online right now. Please come back later to face me. Offline raid Protection base defenses activated." That's when the pirate age faded away and was only a thing in books. And when carebear mmo video games would be made about them hundreds of years later.

• Like 1

this is what you do you build a mobile base  and island hope safe spots and farm only lawless

Mobile base would be decent at times if there was a proper ship for it and more detailed ship interiors and stuff.

5 hours ago, mastro_akq said:

Living in lawless should be an option. But I think lawless should have some kind of things going for it claimed lands dont have. It keeps the game fresh, with more options, even for the expert players. But just throwing up mortars and bear cannons next to someones base on lawless is a bit too easy.

With the available information it seems clear that in the Lawless nobody will be able to build offensive sctructures as nobody 'owns' the land. That is going to be quite a different way of living with free-to-raid-at-all-times (again, as there is no owner to set specific times).
I would expect the lawless coastline to be rather empty in PvP.

2 hours ago, Draalei said:

Lawless PvE does not get that either.  The auto-repair building is not for Lawless.

there will be no lawless pve after update all areas will be the same 

Edited by UDO

Well, this makes lawless a hunting paradise on Beach Bobs. Its the only place where you can always raid, on claim islands you never know how and when the landlord changed the raid time window.

Currently lawless is left in peace most of the time, this will certainly change.

1 minute ago, UDO said:

there will be no lawless pve after update all areas will be the same 

No the areas will not be the same.  Lawless will be the way it is now, unchanged, with damage decay.  Other PvE areas will have damage decay over time, and auto-repair structures.

1 hour ago, Draalei said:

No the areas will not be the same.  Lawless will be the way it is now, unchanged, with damage decay.  Other PvE areas will have damage decay over time, and auto-repair structures.

unless u can link source from dev stream , u are wrong all areas on pve will be the same all areas will be selectable as home region and spawn point 

pvp they are staying the same pve will all be the new system with the autorepair house other wise there new pve system would make no sense they are separating the systems for pve and pvp having different systems

Edited by UDO

3 hours ago, labatts said:

Its not nonsense this way it also allows small companies a chance to make a  larger company weak enough to take out when they are online. There shouldnt be any offline protection at all devs should make better defenses for companies to use

Lol this is a joke excuse for offline-raiders. You really think that offline-raiders will stop at a certain point just to finish off the enemy during online times ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ban Tier said:

Lol this is a joke excuse for offline-raiders. You really think that offline-raiders will stop at a certain point just to finish off the enemy during online times ?

Sure if they want nothing wrong with offline raiding. If its not your play style fine I don't bash you for how you wanna play if people wanna offline raid let them maybe the people shoulda built better defenses. 

10 hours ago, labatts said:

Assholes like me lol ? Why because I like to PVP in a PVP game hmm.

Offline raids aren't PvP.  Hate to have to break that news to you, but it's true, Sport.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Slamz said:

With the change making lawless structures decay, I don't think living in lawless will be viable.

Notice that the auto-repair building is specifically listed as a PvE feature. Lawless PvP does not get that. We just get decay which we must fix manually.

Which means going around to literally every part of your structure.

Every wall.

Every ceiling.

Every floor.

Every roof.

Every door.

And you whack it with a hammer.

Every day.

Forget layering. You need to reach every part of your building.

If the devs want lawless to stay viable, we will need that same repair structure PvE gets.

Guess you didnt read the part of a self healing building you put mats in and it fixes your shit....guess you missed out on that open your fking ears 

Lawless should not be a permanent base option. It is intended as an intermediate step.  With any luck, we'll also have fewer lawless zones than we have now in PvP.

8 hours ago, UDO said:
9 hours ago, Draalei said:

unless u can link source from dev stream , u are wrong all areas on pve will be the same all areas will be selectable as home region and spawn point 

From the Atlas March Milestone graphic that they had up for over half the stream:

PVE:  No claim flags, damage decay overtime, auto-repair structure

LAWLESS: Decay Damage and Unchanged.

3 hours ago, Luxfere said:

Guess you didnt read the part of a self healing building you put mats in and it fixes your shit....guess you missed out on that open your fking ears 

Let me stop you right there. The auto repair structure can’t be placed in PvE and PvP lawless. 

Edited by Percieval

8 hours ago, Luxfere said:

In the dev stream he specifically mentioned it for PvE. He did not mention it for lawless.

And in the dev blog it is specifically listed for PvE as a bullet point. It is not listed for lawless.

If it's an oversight and PvP Lawless gets repair buildings then it's an oversight twice.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:33 PM, Slamz said:

With the change making lawless structures decay, I don't think living in lawless will be viable.

If the devs want lawless to stay viable, we will need that same repair structure PvE gets.

I think the aim is make enough land so that lawless living isn't required anymore.