Slamz

lawless Lawless living will no longer be viable

With the change making lawless structures decay, I don't think living in lawless will be viable.

Notice that the auto-repair building is specifically listed as a PvE feature. Lawless PvP does not get that. We just get decay which we must fix manually.

Which means going around to literally every part of your structure.

Every wall.

Every ceiling.

Every floor.

Every roof.

Every door.

And you whack it with a hammer.

Every day.

Forget layering. You need to reach every part of your building.

If the devs want lawless to stay viable, we will need that same repair structure PvE gets.

I don't know but i do believe it will be the same on pvp servers.

Living in lawless should be an option. But I think lawless should have some kind of things going for it claimed lands dont have. It keeps the game fresh, with more options, even for the expert players. But just throwing up mortars and bear cannons next to someones base on lawless is a bit too easy.

Well the decay is very bad. Not only that everyone can raid you at any time in lawless, but also you have to repair your assets. The purpose is, thats the devs want players to build just some small farming huts in lawless before moving on to the claim islands....

....and live a fantastic life as the slaves of the megatribes there.

These megatribes (settlement owners) will tax you with 30% on everything you farm. They will rule you live, decide when can be attacked. They can wipe you whenever they want and have not to respect any raid timers. You are no allowed to build war machines. No mortars for you filthy ressource slave !

Welcome to Atlas Slavery.

Devs told us, that they want to protect small companys/solo players but achieve exactly the opposite. At the moment you can still challenge a megatribe through claim e.g. take vacations and raid them offline. This will no longer be possible.

You can calculate your chances to own one of the 700 islands vs all the 24/7 kiddie nolifers. I give you a hint : Your chances are non existant.

Edited by Talono

Lawless areas were fine as they were just make it so companies with 30+ people cant live and fence off an entire lawless island. With these changes it could hurt the solo and small companies even more so much for making it easier for them lol. 

12 minutes ago, Talono said:

Devs told us, that they want to protect small companys/solo players but achieve exactly the opposite. At the moment you can still challenge a megatribe through claim e.g. take vacations and raid them offline. This will no longer be possible.

You realise that the reason you are paying tax to the bigger company is for them to have a reason not to wipe you out right?

And why would you want offline raiding its by far the worst thing that can happen to anyone and is not fun in any way shape or form.

you dont need lawless anymore, 200+ more islands and you can build on claimed territory

4 minutes ago, ostjaevel said:

You realise that the reason you are paying tax to the bigger company is for them to have a reason not to wipe you out right?

And why would you want offline raiding its by far the worst thing that can happen to anyone and is not fun in any way shape or form.

You are paying the tax to live there. There is nothing saying they wont or will wipe you or even protect you. And having raid timers in a 24/7 pvp game is retarded. 

Edited by labatts

8 minutes ago, labatts said:

You are paying the tax to live there. There is nothing saying they wont or will wipe you or even protect you. And having raid timers in a 24/7 pvp game is retarded. 

Yet another reason to play PvE. Assholes like you are ruining the fun for everyone else that just wants some casual PvP but instead gets forced to play 24/7 just to protect what little they have.

Now i dont agree with the 9 hour timer since its probably going to be shit, but having PvPvE servers (where you can only fight at sea and not raid land) would be a better approach.

11 minutes ago, labatts said:

And here we go. Another example that the devs of such a game can’t do anything so everyone likes it. Dozens of threads about raid timers, people really want it but there will always be people opposed to it. 

6 minutes ago, ostjaevel said:

Yet another reason to play PvE. Assholes like you are ruining the fun for everyone else that just wants some casual PvP but instead gets forced to play 24/7 just to protect what little they have.

Now i dont agree with the 9 hour timer since its probably going to be shit, but having PvPvE servers (where you can only fight at sea and not raid land) would be a better approach.

Assholes like me lol ? Why because I like to PVP in a PVP game hmm. And the only fighting on sea idea is lame and would be a worse approach to benefit the larger companies even more. The casual PVP you seek is on the unofficial servers try there. 

Edited by labatts

6 minutes ago, labatts said:

Assholes like me lol ? Why because I like to PVP in a PVP game hmm. And the only fighting on sea idea is lame and would be a worse approach to benefit the larger companies even more. The casual PVP you seek is on the unofficial servers try there. 

I play PvE because i cant be arsed to start over daily.

But its exactly because people have no balls to fight you when your online so they wait until you need to go out and then come and steal your shit.

Just now, ostjaevel said:

I play PvE because i cant be arsed to start over daily.

But its exactly because people have no balls to fight you when your online so they wait until you need to go out and then come and steal your shit.

Ok good for you but not everyone does what you say. I play solo live on lawless and will fight you online outnumbered IDC. Not everyone that loves to PVP offline raids people. 

25 minutes ago, labatts said:

And having raid timers in a 24/7 pvp game is retarded. 

1 minute ago, labatts said:

Ok good for you but not everyone does what you say. I play solo live on lawless and will fight you online outnumbered IDC. Not everyone that loves to PVP offline raids people. 

You need to make up your mind.

• Confused 1

Just now, ostjaevel said:

You need to make up your mind.

Raid timers are retarded in 24/7 pvp game. And I'm not afraid to raid you online is that to hard to understand ??? 

48 minutes ago, labatts said:

Raid timers are retarded in 24/7 pvp game. And I'm not afraid to raid you online is that to hard to understand ??? 

They weren’t retarded in EvE so I’m all good for now. 

So here comes the camper tribes. Just taking advantage of a timer for false sense of security when a more open and indepth approach is better. Then its even more like griefing when people get camped to circumvent timers.

Edited by mastro_akq

Just now, mastro_akq said:

So here comes the camper tribes. Just taking advantage of a timer for false sense of security when a more open and indepth approach is better.

But that didn’t work now did it. I don’t see the camper argument. Can you explain? 

I just wait until you are getting ready to log off for the day after playing, or attack right when the timer is almost up as soon as you log on. A larger griefer tribe would do this every time and just move things into place beforehand as much as possible. It would promote camping as much as it would promote others to try to log as a defense and have multiple characters in different tribes to circumvent timers on either side.

Edited by mastro_akq

10 minutes ago, Percieval said:

They weren’t retarded in EvE so I’m all good for now. 

Once again this is not EVE stop comparing the two. On top of that just think of how bad the griefing will be when you only have a 9 hour window to remove someones shipyard blocking yours or pillars they spammed in the front of it. I think this new system is gonna be worse but time will tell. 

1 minute ago, labatts said:

Once again this is not EVE stop comparing the two. On top of that just think of how bad the griefing will be when you only have a 9 hour window to remove someones shipyard blocking yours or pillars they spammed in the front of it. I think this new system is gonna be worse but time will tell. 

Haha. I’m saying it since there were dozens if not hundreds of people here that always said the raiding in eve was and is way better 🙂 and I agree. This will be way better than before. 

1 hour ago, labatts said:

Even if you have the balls to attack during online hours of ppl, most so called PvPers do NOT have the balls. I lost only one ship in a real battle in all my time, but at least 4 ships to offline attacks. You thinkt this is fun ?

2x or 6x harvesting events are not the solution. Raid timers as in EvE Online, Darkfall or Albion Online ARE the solution to get more PvP happening. And all these games are 24/7 PvP games, you just can not attack certain STRUCTURES all the time.

And I did not check, but if we have now a decay on structures in lawless activated, it will be the time to stop playing on the official servers. Well done Grapeshot.

5 minutes ago, Ban Tier said:

Even if you have the balls to attack during online hours of ppl, most so called PvPers do NOT have the balls. I lost only one ship in a real battle in all my time, but at least 4 ships to offline attacks. You thinkt this is fun ?

2x or 6x harvesting events are not the solution. Raid timers as in EvE Online, Darkfall or Albion Online ARE the solution to get more PvP happening. And all these games are 24/7 PvP games, you just can not attack certain STRUCTURES all the time.

And I did not check, but if we have now a decay on structures in lawless activated, it will be the time to stop playing on the official servers. Well done Grapeshot.

Those games are also setup differently than Atlas. Also darkfall had a war dec but you could still do asset damage whenever. Raid timers are not the solution. 

9 minutes ago, labatts said:

Those games are also setup differently than Atlas. Also darkfall had a war dec but you could still do asset damage whenever. Raid timers are not the solution. 

And what is in your opinion