Sign in to follow this  
WildWyvern20

New Features and Wipe

Looking forward to the wipe and new changes! This game has insane potential, and I can't believe it's only been two months. WC, keep doing a great job, you are really grittin those teeth and workin at it!
Honestly, the wipe needed to happen, way earlier, too, I think... Many people got screwed at launch with the horrid errors and crashes and all... so got way behind the ball, and couldn't get any land.. now everyone SHOULD have a fair shot, so long as the servers don't keel overboard on us...

The new raid timers? With the new aspects of it and all: Think about it, during raid times, you are free to raid whoever and whatever you like, for NINE hours... You can figure out when an island is available to be plundered, and make plans and gather the resources beforehand.... but when they aren't raidable, you just can't damage structures or anchored ships. Could be a doorway to a lot more open world PVP. Very much looking forward to it.

Overall, I am excited, and can't wait! See you all on wipe dayyyyy 🙂 

Like you said, hopefully the servers will hold this time, because I can already see the server crashes all over again. If they’re smart, they will test it beforehand. 

Edited by Percieval

I just hope they are on top of those aim bot companies this time, because if not ill leave it again.

Im not for a character wipe without some more changes. They are changing and making things more difficult but I don't see where they are giving us more to work with. First off balancing pvp and pve seperatly is a good direction. Though pve seems empty. Allow armor in pve to mean something give us quicker reloads and damage versus pve. Make ghost ships take wind in effect if we have to take out an army of them and give us a loot collector on our ship instead of having to stop. Give us some incentives and game play mechanics pls. I'm down for a hard and difficult game if I'm given ways to beat it and have fun. I did not see to much mention of new ways to have fun in the game. After a lot of us spent hundreds of hours playing and to take that away you need one serious carrot to hang in front of us. Sorry a Submarine and more content for huge groups is not going to cut it. On pve leveling is mostly done on a mount doing maps. If this is going to be  a harvest simulator give us xp for it and this sh*t about discovery points given us access to over 50 character levels is lame let us get to close to cap say 100 and 20 levels be that so much time is spent doing things that does not help our levels this is not fun and good for character development. Last thing if you want this to work and a descent number of people come back your better promise that there will not be another wipe after beta this is it. To be honest a wipe was not needed for these changes to take place if you would have added island and ways for us to move bps and resources that took possibly hundreds of hours to acquire and let us keep our levels a few people that are not mmo fans and would not of stuck around for years to come would not be leaving the game. I truly hope that you allow players 10 days to not play to lose everthing they worked for its an mmo we should be able to set it down and come back where we left off at least to some degree if we could store boats in free ports with a ticket we got that doesn't disappear on death that would be awesome. Also on pve dropping loot on death isn't needed if you want that then at least don't let our bodies be lootable for a grace period.

Just now, Mrbiggs said:

well dam a lot people i know are going quit this sucks

Good. If they leave already that means they’re not really worth it don’t you think. 

just sucks put a lot work in to have it wiped maybe if you can get bps easier that would take the sting out

1 minute ago, Mrbiggs said:

Well my motivation is first to secretly build up a resource empire and then strike when i am ready.

Now as i am ready for phase 2 we get a wipe unfortunately. You are safe, raiding you now would be pointless as any raids would not be persistant and meaningful.

Cant wait for every Island to look like the slums that lawless ones look like now! Pillars and Foundations everywhere really help that Pirate immersion.

o well just like any wipe like this the game will be dead until it happens and hopefully people come back and don't find something new to play

if they have an upkeep pillars and foundations wont last long

7 minutes ago, Talono said:

Well my motivation is first to secretly build up a resource empire and then strike when i am ready.

Seeing your profile pic we dodged a bullet there 😉

9 minutes ago, Mrbiggs said:

I've also heard alot of players coming back after the land issue. It will more than likely balance out, sure some will quit this time but I guarantee those people will at least give it ago.

People are just unhappy and angry so naturally threaten to quit, i get it but the wipe had to happen in my opinion.

They will probably put X 6xp for week or so anyway, i'll see how it goes at least.  

Pillar/Foundation Spam will be only temporary since all structures will have decay dmg (PVE atleast) and the auto repair (Rust Cupboard) will most likely repair only connected structures. So depending on the decay rate ull have to deal with pillar spam only for some time. GL running around with hammer to repair each pillar/foundation. Bigger problem will be walling off resource rich areas.