Jump to content

mrfoxtrot

Please make refunds available with your content changes.

Recommended Posts

Background:
I bought both the early access game about three weeks after launch, and after playing, a second copy for an alternate account for skill/crafting access. Between the two, I have over 500 hours of playtime on Atlas, and around 3,300 on Ark.

Ark and Atlas are games that require a commitment, and a certain level of trust towards the server operators that effort will be relatively persistent. Some servers advertise high gather rates and scheduled wipes, for instance, to cater to that kind of player. It is assumed that official servers are (relatively) persistent by a playerbase. If the changes incorporated in the March update was in any way known at the time of purchase, making the game effectively PVE(VP), I would never have purchased the game, much less a second copy of it, and never burned those hours of my life soldering through all the glitches and bugs that this game so frustratingly offers. I bought what was advertised and sold as a PVP game. Period. I've solo farmed several ships all the way including a mystic galleon, and I've lost most of those ships to griefing, so no, I'm not a "free looter". That is precisely why I play, as I take losses I've progressed, and the risk is what keeps me coming back. That's how mature gamers stay with a PVP mmo, and I bought the game knowing I would take those losses. So did everyone else, only some people think it just "wouldn't happen to them" much like they think they will never die.

This update is being forced upon, and at the cost of, the people who (were) committed to playing, in deference to those who never did. The game is radically being redesigned in a way that was never advertised, and to which I would never have purchased. It is becoming two game modes, PVE and PVE(vp).

In fairness, you need to make refunds an option so that your existing player-base can freely and peacefully exit on good terms, and you can continue going down whatever radically new development path you choose to satisfy all your non-players. I find this necessary to post on your forums as apparently the game is modeled entirely around complaints made on your forums. I was sold two copies of a game you are no longer developing, and to which you will be wiping all content. 

Please make this an option to be fair to your existing, dedicated player base. Either way, I'm out effective today, the difference is in the perception your company retains moving forward, hopefully we can depart on good terms.

Sincerely,
Foxtrot

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have over 500 hours in no way should you get a refund because they are changing a game mechanic you do not like. Did you not read the print that said Early Access when buying this game?? Stop begging for your money after playing the shit outa of this game. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

**plays 500+ hours in an early access game** "I demand a refund because you are adjusting your game for official release and i just don't like it" 
For some reason im imaging him having a bowl shaped haircut and he's talking with a lisp

fuck this guy.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed with above, 500 hours for a game you paid $25-$30 for, and for another thing, EARLY ACCESS, repeat, EARLY ACCESS. Material Subject to change per developer!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Eggzackly what he said. You have 500 hours in game man and its EA and going to change a lot.....You can drop the game and hate it all you want any time. But you're trying to return jeans you wore your entire freshman year of HS back to the store m8.

Edited by mastro_akq
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RE: Labatts. Funny, I don't recall buying two copies of an advertised PVE game.  Because I wouldn't have. EA or not, you are sold on an advertised product, and as an ARK EA, the reason we keep playing through the frustrating glitches and bugs is not because it's enjoyable, but because the game is expected to be completed as advertised. 

You clearly like the changes that will be implemented. I'm not here to change your mind, nor change the game. This is not what was sold, and if I could get those hours back in my life, trust me, I would. There is no claim for compensation for that, nor am I asking for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrfoxtrot said:

RE: Labatts. Funny, I don't recall buying two copies of an advertised PVE game.  Because I wouldn't have. EA or not, you are sold on an advertised product, and as an ARK EA, the reason we keep playing through the frustrating glitches and bugs is not because it's enjoyable, but because the game is expected to be completed as advertised. 

You clearly like the changes that will be implemented. I'm not here to change your mind, nor change the game. This is not what was sold, and if I could get those hours back in my life, trust me, I would. There is no claim for compensation for that, nor am I asking for it. 

Here is the thing, YOU were sold on THIS advertised product at its current state, which you willfully accepted it then.  You accepted the fact that game is still being developed and could change at any moment.  Asking for your money back is irrelevant, its like asking for a refund of a movie because you didn't like how it ended. Suck it up, and move on.  No one will miss you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Errrr, dude.... do you not know how EA works? You put 500+ hours into a game you spent 25.00 for? You already got your money's worth, and this is EA, anything and everything is subject to change. Just because you don't like the new changes, doesn't mean you should get your money back. Hasta la Vista Baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mrfoxtrot said:

RE: Labatts. Funny, I don't recall buying two copies of an advertised PVE game.  Because I wouldn't have. EA or not, you are sold on an advertised product, and as an ARK EA, the reason we keep playing through the frustrating glitches and bugs is not because it's enjoyable, but because the game is expected to be completed as advertised. 

You clearly like the changes that will be implemented. I'm not here to change your mind, nor change the game. This is not what was sold, and if I could get those hours back in my life, trust me, I would. There is no claim for compensation for that, nor am I asking for it. 

I to have also bought 2 copies of the game and do not like look of the new PVP system. But I am still willing to try it and not bitch about it before it even happens. Also to clarify my stance look up my other post and you can see im not for the new changes to adding offline raid protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mrfoxtrot said:

Background:
I bought both the early access game about three weeks after launch, and after playing, a second copy for an alternate account for skill/crafting access. Between the two, I have over 500 hours of playtime on Atlas, and around 3,300 on Ark.

Ark and Atlas are games that require a commitment, and a certain level of trust towards the server operators that effort will be relatively persistent. Some servers advertise high gather rates and scheduled wipes, for instance, to cater to that kind of player. It is assumed that official servers are (relatively) persistent by a playerbase. If the changes incorporated in the March update was in any way known at the time of purchase, making the game effectively PVE(VP), I would never have purchased the game, much less a second copy of it, and never burned those hours of my life soldering through all the glitches and bugs that this game so frustratingly offers. I bought what was advertised and sold as a PVP game. Period. I've solo farmed several ships all the way including a mystic galleon, and I've lost most of those ships to griefing, so no, I'm not a "free looter". That is precisely why I play, as I take losses I've progressed, and the risk is what keeps me coming back. That's how mature gamers stay with a PVP mmo, and I bought the game knowing I would take those losses. So did everyone else, only some people think it just "wouldn't happen to them" much like they think they will never die.

This update is being forced upon, and at the cost of, the people who (were) committed to playing, in deference to those who never did. The game is radically being redesigned in a way that was never advertised, and to which I would never have purchased. It is becoming two game modes, PVE and PVE(vp).

In fairness, you need to make refunds an option so that your existing player-base can freely and peacefully exit on good terms, and you can continue going down whatever radically new development path you choose to satisfy all your non-players. I find this necessary to post on your forums as apparently the game is modeled entirely around complaints made on your forums. I was sold two copies of a game you are no longer developing, and to which you will be wiping all content. 

Please make this an option to be fair to your existing, dedicated player base. Either way, I'm out effective today, the difference is in the perception your company retains moving forward, hopefully we can depart on good terms.

Sincerely,
Foxtrot

I really wanna know which kind of weed you smoked before posting this.

500 HOURS AND YOU ASKING FOR REFUND?

This is just insane. Hating the changes and posting about it and ranting is different but asking for a refund after 500 hrs means you are just dumb. No offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There you go, from Steam TnC:

. General Content and Services License

Steam and your Subscription(s) require the automatic download and installation of Content and Services onto your computer. Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a non-exclusive license and right, to use the Content and Services for your personal, non-commercial use (except where commercial use is expressly allowed herein or in the applicable Subscription Terms). This license ends upon termination of (a) this Agreement or (b) a Subscription that includes the license. The Content and Services are licensed, not sold. Your license confers no title or ownership in the Content and Services. To make use of the Content and Services, you must have a Steam Account and you may be required to be running the Steam client and maintaining a connection to the Internet.

For reasons that include, without limitation, system security, stability, and multiplayer interoperability, Steam may need to automatically update, pre-load, create new versions of or otherwise enhance the Content and Services and accordingly, the system requirements to use the Content and Services may change over time. You consent to such automatic updating. You understand that this Agreement (including applicable Subscription Terms) does not entitle you to future updates, new versions or other enhancements of the Content and Services associated with a particular Subscription, although Valve may choose to provide such updates, etc. in its sole discretion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

steam 2 hrs or 14 days for a refund, all EA games usually have a disclaimer subject to changes. Its based on changes for the mass not individual needs.

500 hrs is a long time, i got that one 1 account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No. You might have forgotten that you read the part where it said ‘EA’ and ‘stuff can change’. Wipe has always been a possibility so asking for a refund is just insane. 

 

You’re literally saying ‘I know this could happen, I signed on for this. And because you guys are doing what you warned us about, and actually what EA is about, I want a refund.’

 

Ridiculous. 

Edited by Percieval

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have paid 60 bucks for game that I didn't even get 60 hours of entertainment out of, hell I have paid 60 bucks for games I have barely enjoyed for a few hours. Get over yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To OP: This is right at the TOP of the store page on the game, you can't miss it. So for you to ask for a refund after 500 hours is laughable.

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ivah was about to post the same thing for the silly OP.. 

 

I mean complaining that a game is early access is changing lol.. I have seen it all now lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is like saying you bought a ticket to see a movie you were excited to see, then demanding at the booth you get your money back from the theater because it didn't live up to your hype.

Thanks for the development funding.

Edited by Teach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, labatts said:

You have over 500 hours in no way should you get a refund because they are changing a game mechanic you do not like. Did you not read the print that said Early Access when buying this game?? Stop begging for your money after playing the shit outa of this game. 

I would agree with you 100% if they didn't wipe his toon. But they did, so I disagree with you 100%. Losing your toon after such a time investment is an outrage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buck Rider said:

I would agree with you 100% if they didn't wipe his toon. But they did, so I disagree with you 100%. Losing your toon after such a time investment is an outrage.

Like i said its early access you know buying into that comes with the possibility there could be a wipe or major changes. Losing a toon is part of that. If you dont like it stop buying early access games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

500 hours in any game is a successful game for $30. remember the old days when a game had endings. Half-life was very success and had less than 500 hours of content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, labatts said:

Like i said its early access you know buying into that comes with the possibility there could be a wipe or major changes. Losing a toon is part of that. If you dont like it stop buying early access games.

I have been gaming for longer than Jat has been alive. I have alpha's, beta'd and EA'd. I have played every major MMO since there were MMOs. I played SWG from the start to the end with 5 accounts. I've played Eve Online & WoW for their whole run. I even took a run at some of those MMOs like entropia. I've seen major map changes. I've seen engine changes. I've seen near total game rewrites.

I have never seen an MMO wipe toons.

Edited by Buck Rider
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buck Rider said:

I have been gaming for longer than Jat has been alive. I have alpha's, beta'd and EA'd. I have played every major MMO since there were MMOs. I played SWG from the start to the end with 5 accounts. I've played Eve Online & WoW for their whole run. I even took a run at some of those MMOs like entropia. I've seen major map changes. I've seen engine changes. I've seen near total game rewrites.

I have never seen an MMO wipe toons.

Congrats on the MMO but still doesnt change the fact he has 500 hrs and its EARLY ACCESS. Get over it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buck Rider said:

I have been gaming for longer than Jat has been alive. I have alpha's, beta'd and EA'd. I have played every major MMO since there were MMOs. I played SWG from the start to the end with 5 accounts. I've played Eve Online & WoW for their whole run. I even took a run at some of those MMOs like entropia. I've seen major map changes. I've seen engine changes. I've seen near total game rewrites.

I have never seen an MMO wipe toons.

Agreed for the most part. The only time I have seen an MMO do a complete wipe is during alpha testing and when they moved from Beta to Release (SWG, CoH) and in most cases gave the Beta testers a few days head start. but never once it was released. of course Atlas is  still in Developement, and is essentially in an alpha state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skyroguen said:

Agreed for the most part. The only time I have seen an MMO do a complete wipe is during alpha testing and when they moved from Beta to Release (SWG, CoH) and in most cases gave the Beta testers a few days head start. but never once it was released. of course Atlas is  still in Developement, and is essentially in an alpha state.

Have been a part of many alpha and beta tests over the years to many to count.. nearly every MMO I have tested have had multiple wipes all the way through development especially in alpha.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×