INVALID

Captain's Log 22: March Milestone & Official Server Wipe

So the the PVE apocalypse Horsemen (prediction, could be wrong)

1) Spam

2) No Land

3)Exploiter

4)Mega company

there was a fifth called Grind, but he quit as even he could not keep up with the need for resources.

The UI will indicate whether an island is experiencing Wartime soon or is currently in Wartime. no no no

email notification no no no

submarines nonono 

forget the content and still weeks on fix the basic connectivity buy some decent server hardware from day 1 till present d6 on eu pvp has a 200 ping from anywhere in the world evcen when theres only 10 ppl on how many times does it have to be stated to you,,,fix the basics spam content later another ark here going down the tubes like it did,gotta remember folks were dealing with devs here that gave us that insult to gaming called extinction

Great work devs! I’m very happy with everything you are implementing. This update and wipe will bring back players.

The pve guys need to chill. They can now play on the PvP server in relative safety and the sense of community they foster should be brought over to pvp. The protections you are intending will level the playing field a lot more for all sized companies while also rewarding mega companies. Whole Islands will effectively become mega companies of seperate companies by force.

As a PvP player (as part of a mega company)  I invite PVE players to join in and at least try it out.  You have a place and I have seen how you work together on places like darksideRP etc on your streams.  that is what this game needs and I believe that is what the devs are pushing for in an organic way. 

To those players who want “private places” or to play solo. I am sorry. I wish you luck. May I t be the first to advise you that some servers are suited to that play style. By all means come play on pvp. Your one man company will still be a welcome addition to anyone’s upkeep costs reduction. Just at least try it out. 

You can check a lot of my past posts on the general discussion posts and see that this update contains a lot of content that I, and a lot of PvP players have been urging for. We want all players to be able to play and for PvP actions to be more purposeful and less random. Offlining was also something that chased a lot of new guys away and I am very happy this has been addressed. 

I believe this captains log’s content introductions should be explained by the devs more in writing on places like the wiki and steam news updates with specifics layer out in more detail in order to see results when it comes to getting this game back up the ladder on most played/popular. 

We want this game to succeed. I want grape shot to make more FAT CASH and I want that money to mean more content and a game to rival something like EVE in regards to player loyalty. Start handing out steam keys to streamers and start showing them the great work you have done. A lot of streamers played at launch for a couple of hours and put it down saying it was broken. I believe most of the things they bitched about have been fixed in varying degrees. 

Also try wiping it every couple of months through EA ( maybe a player poll every couple of months) in conjunction with big updates if you can. This is a tried and true recipe for getting player base up. This isn’t ark. If people are actually playing pvp and you release stats at the end of every couple of months it will feel like the players achieved something during that wipe ( maybe reward skins for seperate achievements- for both PvP and pve related achievements) and run each wipe with a series number. 

Looking forward to seeing everything in the dev stream in action. And looking forward to pve players coming over and at least trying the new pvp servers. 

Good work.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Great work devs! I’m very happy with everything you are implementing. This update and wipe will bring back players.

The pve guys need to chill. They can now play on the PvP server in relative safety and the sense of community they foster should be brought over to pvp. The protections you are intending will level the playing field a lot more for all sized companies while also rewarding mega companies. Whole Islands will effectively become mega companies of seperate companies by force.

As a PvP player (as part of a mega company)  I invite PVE players to join in and at least try it out.  You have a place and I have seen how you work together on places like darksideRP etc on your streams.  that is what this game needs and I believe that is what the devs are pushing for in an organic way. 

To those players who want “private places” or to play solo. I am sorry. I wish you luck. May I t be the first to advise you that some servers are suited to that play style. By all means come play on pvp. Your one man company will still be a welcome addition to anyone’s upkeep costs reduction. Just at least try it out. 

You can check a lot of my past posts on the general discussion posts and see that this update contains a lot of content that I, and a lot of PvP players have been urging for. We want all players to be able to play and for PvP actions to be more purposeful and less random. Offlining was also something that chased a lot of new guys away and I am very happy this has been addressed. 

I believe this captains log’s content introductions should be explained by the devs more in writing on places like the wiki and steam news updates with specifics layer out in more detail in order to see results when it comes to getting this game back up the ladder on most played/popular. 

We want this game to succeed. I want grape shot to make more FAT CASH and I want that money to mean more content and a game to rival something like EVE in regards to player loyalty. Start handing out steam keys to streamers and start showing them the great work you have done. A lot of streamers played at launch for a couple of hours and put it down saying it was broken. I believe most of the things they bitched about have been fixed in varying degrees. 

Also try wiping it every couple of months through EA ( maybe a player poll every couple of months) in conjunction with big updates if you can. This is a tried and true recipe for getting player base up. This isn’t ark. If people are actually playing pvp and you release stats at the end of every couple of months it will feel like the players achieved something during that wipe ( maybe reward skins for seperate achievements- for both PvP and pve related achievements) and run each wipe with a series number. 

Looking forward to seeing everything in the dev stream in action. And looking forward to pve players coming over and at least trying the new pvp servers. 

Good work.

Um no we dont need to chill, Im glad PVP is going to be great for you. Please dont diminish what we want from a game.

We want to play PVE not PVP. We want it to work and we are trying to get the devs to understand that the updates they are putting is are not right for PVE.

its good to see someone happy, as very few are. So enjoy your play style while we, or I try to see if we will ever enjoy PVE again.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1. If there is just 1 person per island able to build canons on land our ships will still be sunk because that puckle guns don`t protect our ships from being destroyed so ZERO improvement for ship defense even with the time gap .  

2. If there is just 1 person per island able to build canons on land there will be a lack of defense capacity against bad people.

3. If there is an alliance limit & company in an alliance limit this will this will help bad people do their job, promote lack of information, and solo play because a lot of players are not online so much.

4. Island Settlement Owners will be overpowered and able to ride everyone 24 hours/day and use their resources to turtle up during the war period.

5.  Island Settlement Owners will be overpowered and able to recruit more people in their company because of his 24 hours riding ability specially on big islands with tons of companies. 

28 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

You are forgetting that not everyone wants to sail for 5 minutes and get blasted out of the water.

Some of us actually like to casually sail around looking for discovery points without getting murdered.

Some of us like to breed animals without worrying about them getting murdered the second the 9 hour window opens up.

The list goes on and on and none of it fits in with PvP.

The real solution is to allow the claim system to carry over to PvE so we can claim land without paying upkeep on our buildings. It will be impossible to maintain the large (and beautiful) structures that people have been building on PvE simply because the upkeep will be to high for everyone except the biggest companies that have tons and tons of slaves farming for them.

We also need a way to get rid of trolls that come in and block resources with foundations since that is exactly what will happen when this goes live - trolls will ruin everyone elses time.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Loomorh said:

Strongly disagree, the mechanics that are described work fine in EVE. If there is no more claiming mechanics or its replacement on the PVE servers, I think to move to PVP.

Looks almost like pvpve I could try. The chance for pve just sucks if they do nothing about foundation spam our half buildings to bend the rules of foundations. 

Look for me.pve is dead because of this change. But PvP look more interesting now

Edited by awakatanka

53 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Good work.

You're joking, right?

• Like 1

466 hours on PVE wasted. Best part is, it's been wasted to make my PVE experience worse not better.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Awwwww. Cum on guys. Love is love. Give pvp/v/e a chance....

we want you. 

I will protec. 

I wil atak.

37 minutes ago, ostjaevel said:

You are forgetting that not everyone wants to sail for 5 minutes and get blasted out of the water.

Some of us actually like to casually sail around looking for discovery points without getting murdered.

Some of us like to breed animals without worrying about them getting murdered the second the 9 hour window opens up.

The list goes on and on and none of it fits in with PvP.

The real solution is to allow the claim system to carry over to PvE so we can claim land without paying upkeep on our buildings. It will be impossible to maintain the large (and beautiful) structures that people have been building on PvE simply because the upkeep will be to high for everyone except the biggest companies that have tons and tons of slaves farming for them.

We also need a way to get rid of trolls that come in and block resources with foundations since that is exactly what will happen when this goes live - trolls will ruin everyone elses time.

Edited by Polar Express

18 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Awwwww. Cum on guys. Love is love. Give pvp/v/e a chance....

we want you. 

I will protec. 

I wil atak.

There is nothing on this (insert deity of choice or not) damned gaming earth that can ever want me to go to PVP/V/E and become someones vassal as thats what PVP will become.

Mega corps with the rest of the small/solos just vassals for upkeep on their land.

Does not sound like fun at all. In gaming reality I dont want to call anyone master.

8 hours ago, Jatheish said:

With the release of this first milestone, we will be wiping all our Official Networks. This is not a decision we’ve taken lightly, however we believe based on a number of reasons that this will be the best move for the game, moving forward. 

Whether that means more content, complete redesigns, or wiping the network when big changes have come in.

General Rules

• Players can now build anywhere, without owning a Settlement (an island which has been claimed).
  • Only one claim flag can be placed per island, and the owner (player/company) is the owner of that Settlement.

Settlements

• Settlement owners can freely damage other characters and structures on their island. 
  • Structures that are built on a Settlement which do not belong to the Settlement Owner will have a decay timer.

Settlement Build Rules

• Only the owner of a Settlement will be able to build offensive structures (mortars, cannons, and swivels) on their island, outside of Wartime.
  • Other companies can build defensive structures (puckle) at any time.
  • Other companies can build offensive structures ONLY during Wartime. Outside of Wartime, these structures are non-functional (inactive and unusable)

these are the points that bother me the most.

1) Wipe - you really expect ppl to play the game as they did up until now, with more wipes coming - in such a time consuming game? you talk in your stream that the folks of settlements will grind this and that? really? 🙂  you might get short population boost after big patches but the server are gonna be a wasteland until you officialy state there is not going to be more wipes. i would understand partial wipes but not even bothering to keep the characters just shows how much you value your players time. besides from the changes you announced this all could be done without a wipe, you stated it yourself how it will work on non off. server, just shows that you don't really value the time of those playing daily at all...not a good sign when you want to make an MMO where persistance is king. flame we all you want EA or not, this is just lazy and only a handfull was expecting wipes under their EA banner while most thought it would be more like in ark.

2) Claim rework - sorry but you are ruining a great part of your game. companies small or big like to have their piece of land with their messages, flags etc...all gone *sigh* besides anyone playing and not finding land by now...i mean come on... ^^  moreover the fixes would have been quite simple as it was not that borked as some forum warriors made you believe. if you just added a "softlimit" with an radically increasing upkeep cost after that limit it would have regulated itself, add you bonus to let companies live in your claim to reduce it a little and there you go, remove tax from PVE to think of you guys as well - again no wipe needed at all. 

as of now you got communities on the islands with big companies owning more of it collecting tax for being the first front defense while smaller companies got less land but still their own...no you change it that the owner can just come over and destroy whenever he feels like doing to and screw over all smal companies basically telling them you don't get your piece of land - no way. 

3) Building changes - i cannot defend my island on my own now? if the owner is not feeling like building some towers with cannons, i can't defend my base/house whatever or join the big company...i mean i am very aware that a small company can't do everything like a big one but screwing small ones over here again big time...*M.E.H* we are a very small company but we had defense like the big boys..and all the planning, maintaining etc...was super fun.

all in all i really love the game, played every day since release and was all in for bugs/glitches and stuff but this just ... well dunno thanks for the hundreds of hours i had fun but now well...might check back in when you release if i found nothing better until then or you guys really take a huge nap of your coffee, breath deep and rethink how you handle all this *sad face*

now go ahead and tell me how all this is EA and is normal, still this will do the EA of this game no good if you ask me - the nice community we played with is now *offline* thanks 😞

Edited by Xenom
  • Like 1

Please let us know your thoughts about this upcoming update, we value your feedback and insight. We don’t claim to be omniscient, and you may raise attention to something we hadn’t considered which will either result in us adjusting the design further, or we’ll consider how to tackle those concerns at a future date.

Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions, Pathfinders!  (Especially those of you on PvE who wanted claim limits or upkeep!)

You've been very brave little pirates getting through all that spam and griefing with nothing to call your own but that fierce new pirate hat we gave you, so as a reward, here's a 2x to keep you happy until our Great April Update!

:anchor: April milestone :anchor:

In this update, we will be removing ships from the pve servers, and replacing them with tricycles.  You all seem to be very busy running around doing nothing but collecting thatch and building huge gates, and this should help you get around the island easier.

And remember, Pathfinders, we are always looking for your feedback!  You might raise attention to some other element game you're actually enjoying so that we can "adjust that design" too.   And I almost forgot, we made you a mitten.  It's a pirate mitten!  I'll be wearing a real one at the next livestream, so be sure to tune in.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Wipe now !

Because it's useless to play atm.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, owo said:

Wipe now !

Because it's useless to play atm.

and do what exactly? Update isnt ready they clearly said that on stream...

Just now, Seren Du said:

and do what exactly? Update isnt ready they clearly said that on stream...

You right, so bye atlas.

Maybe the Autorepair has a limited range and needs resources?! So this will prevent pillarspam?

I'm not pissed to lose objects and our nice base, but progress of the char, especially the discoverys, that sucks. 

Lets wait with deastic steps and rage quit until we know how exactly it works. 

@Jet More Details on the autorepair pls. Hope it is a Solution

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome job on killing this game dev's... a great pvp game is about to turn pve lol. You now need an appointment to go raid lol. And why the hell would you tell everyone this a month in advance? Like you do realize that most players just stopped playing because what's the point right now? Now most of my friends are downloading and getting hooked on different games way to kill off the loyal guys you had. At the minimal you should have left the character progress alone. People spent hours doing discoveries but no worries all is solved with a hat lmao. You guys wanna to break up huge companies and try limit them? Good luck you won't ever stop mega companies they will just make a discord list of friendlies and kos companies and redominate under 50 small companies which is actually the same mega company as seen right now. Everyone get ready to pillar spam once again just like the good old ark days. 

Edited by Snubber
  • Like 1

Awesome job on killing this game dev's... a great pvp game is about to turn pve lol. You now need an appointment to go raid lol. And why the hell would you tell everyone this a month in advance? Like you do realize that most players just stopped playing because what's the point right now? Now most of my friends are downloading and getting hooked on different games way to kill off the loyal guys you had. At the minimal you should have left the character progress alone. People spent hours doing discoveries but no worries all is solved with a hat lmao. You guys wanna to break up huge companies and try limit them? Good luck you won't ever stop mega companies they will just make a discord list of friendlies and kos companies and redominate. 

• Like 1

By the way you lost all your other fans because of the rocky launch. Not the gameplay. If you would of canceled the first release and waited a month to make damn sure it was rdy and not lie and keep everyone wondering what's going on then you wouldn't have had everyone rage quit. A quick tweet or something goes a long way with the people who are bringing you the money lol don't just keep them in the dark with a launch timer and nothing happening and no response from anyone when it blows up. Communication is key. 

35 minutes ago, Seren Du said:

in all fairness the Hat is rather insulting.

Easily lost the first time you're killed by something or can't retrieve your body as sometimes happens during climbs for treasure maps.  It's nice to be appreciated for being a virtual beta tester from the get-go, but a hat you'll keep for maybe a week at best?  Incredulity probably best describes what I'm feeling.

• Like 3

While we have no idea how it's going to be implemented until the ptr is available, the general assumption with regards to the pve claim changes are that the pillar spam is not going to avoidable. 

Coupled with the assumption that people will be able to grief by blocking resources on non lawless, this sounds like a poor change for pve. 

Consider that having a claim also provides a sense of identity. These changes remove that completely. You guys just updated your claim flag physics and pve players won't even be able to see it. There's no reason for pve players to design a flag at all. There's no company recognition or identity. The leader board won't even exist for pve. 

Lets rethink the pve changes. Allow us to stake our claim without worrying about griefing. Limit flags to one per person, with a max cap per company. Remove sea claims entirely. 

Also consider that pve players tend to enjoy the building and design aspect of the game more as well. With these proposed changes, we can assume that our large scale builders will be heavily punished by grindy upkeep, having to heavily farm not only to build, but to maintain those builds. 

I 100% agree that the current claim system on pve was completely unsustainable, but if our assumptions here are correct, you've swung the pendulum too far. 

Edited by Draega Zintul
  • Like 4