INVALID

Captain's Log 22: March Milestone & Official Server Wipe

10 hours ago, Calliri said:

Actually pretty sure that in an EA game your are bound to have these wipes from time to time on a lot of the games out in the market. Its actually something that people forget that a game in EA means that its not like the old time where a company tested and proofed the game in-house... its actually the players doing the testing, and companies are picking up on those tests and making the changes they see relevant (usually based on player feedback). So when i see people get upset about server wipes i keep thinking to myself if people actually know what they are signing up for when they enter an EA game...

Every other EA game I've been in that had wipes, and it's been quite a few, posted them in the EA disclosure.

About half the EAs I've been in didnt wipe.Ā 

Ok devs may have officially killed the game, atleast in PVE. I counted a total of 24 players online across 16 servers, just wow. It used to be jumping on weekends. No need for server improvements if the servers arent used. In PVP i counted about a 160Ā total across all 178 servers. Yes some servers had 0 players. I would submit a pic but there is not enough upload space. I think the threat of character wipe kaybe even the loss of tames and ships may have driven them off. I know other games have released but man is it dead in pve. I feel so lonely with no one to chat with lol. I play half as much now as i used to mainly because i know my almost 500 hrs of struggle and progress will be gone in seconds.....still makes me sad and it hasn't even happened yet. This doesnt need to be just another version of ARK.

The updated new claim system for PVEĀ  is horrid. I thought they said they were listening to us? Exactly WHO were they listening to? It wasnt the players posting their ideas on the forums. I didnt see them saying to change it to PVPesque. WHO were you listening to?

However, YES, bring on The Great Purge. Gogogo. Wipe it all. Even if my rare looking beauties have to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HippyHippo4 said:

what is the date for the server wipe?

good job guys by the way, keep it up!

The PTR is on 20th March now, so I wouldn't expect the wipe before 27th March. But there's no confirmed date yet.

On ā€Ž3ā€Ž/ā€Ž5ā€Ž/ā€Ž2019 at 12:11 PM, travis843 said:

Well there you have it. From what i read 90% are against this wipe. I am with the pve crowd bc i enjoyed the game through all its bugs and exploits the where i lost a ship bc someone decided to overweight and sink it. I was ready to quit with each stupid loss of a ship. But losing all my character progress will make me quit and never and i mean never will i buy any game affiliated or products affiliated with this company and sister companies. A wipe is a step in the wrong direction and while they may please the whiney pvp or land babies. I mean no offense bc i got the game on day 2 of the release and it took 4 days of sailing before i found the nicest island with all good neighbors. It was there i learned more about the game than i ever would have being solo. But since the update i have seen foundation spamming on multiple islands in lawless regions. I will take screenshots the next time i explore and find them. One of the spammers was preventing a really nice and large fort from being completed. So im just one player but weapon damage needs to be fixed or maybe the biggest thing i see is pvp and pve should be seperate then you can appeal to both player types. Give me new content and leave things as is pre v20 update in pve. Open player designed mods and use them as Bethesda did in Fallout 4 and Skyrim. This is the only player input the game needs. Just design player and weapon damage as you see fit. Just make it more realistic gunsĀ vs arrows.

They have to wipe the map to make it bigger and you lost ships? These are the guys that made Ark what it is today and from my understanding they did a lot of wipes with Ark too. I am sure there are more wipes to come so stock up on the TP, I'm getting John Wayne brand TP because it's tough and it can take a whipping. Jokes a side there are adding more and that makes the game more fun for everyone.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:27 PM, Jay8454 said:

and from my understanding they did a lot of wipes with Ark too.

Ā 

i have 6.300h in ARK and i can tell you that itsnt true...

hopefully the atlas team hurry and do not postpone everything again. it is a pity what has become of Atlas so far, see the number of players. that went back well before the server wipe announcement

If there's no claim flags, in pve, does this mean no flags at all? Not even for decoration? So I can't have my company flag hanging outside my house?

What is being done to stop gateway spam to block off entire areas of islands? Just adding upkeep, will not stop people spamming gateway walls out.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:54 PM, trev2000 said:

Ā 

i have 6.300h in ARK and i can tell you that itsnt true...

Ā 

Yeh, there were no complete wipes in ark, except when they updated segments of the maps, obviously there were partial wipes then.Ā  But only of the specific areas.Ā  They also notified well in advance of when the wipe would happen so you could move your stuff where possible.

The Ark/Atlas devs aren't as evil as people make out, it's just that alot of people expect rome to be built in a day and it will never be so.Ā  I think the necessity for a global wipe is a good idea, given the changes, but I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, many of the big companies are built from exploitation of smaller groups using bugs and exploits.Ā  When I left Atlas a few months ago, there were companies systematically going around on pve servers wiping out entire islands using the weight exploits and taking the resources to their own companies assets.Ā  In pvp that's expected in pve, not so much, tho as I've seen with both Ark and Atlas, people are much worse in social games when they are on pve servers because they can more easily exploit the pve fact of the game.Ā  I don't play pvp because I'm against violence unless it's in self defence or in sport ie for the sake of having fun. Where both sides gain enjoyment, not one side only.

Edited by Martyn

Very VERY stupid blocking the submarine by being forced to kill the Kraken.Ā  That has to be one of the dumbest blocks I've seen in a game.Ā  Devs, change this please.Ā  One of the sole purposes of this massive update is a new underwater exploration but you won't be able to explore this new area until you get the submarine which further emphasizes you having to kill the Kraken.Ā  For smaller clans(2-3 people) this is impossible.Ā  In other words, this part of the update is completely negated to smaller sized clans.Ā  Good job

• Thanks 2

A game in EA, changes and wipes should be expected. I like the idea that the devs are willing to try new things, and if they don't work, they try something else. They are not standing by some immovable vision. If the majority of the player base doesn't like something it does get changed, and that is a good thing. But we will have to play through the changes to see if they are positive or negative, then express our feedback on changes, bugs, and exploits, better to hammer these things out in early access rather than release live in a bad state.

Edited by Spyrit
  • Like 1

I do kinda understand the wipe now. Sometimes when i log on i can see mountains where my ships are docked. Maybe a sneek peak of changes or a glitch. But if they change existing island as well as adding i can understand wiping claims and tames maybe even ships. I still dont like the idea of a character wipe and never will. I mean a reset like when they changed skill points is acceptable. But the only way i figure a reason completeĀ wipe is due to existing tames and ships. Those may get wiped but still show in your inventory tame limit. If they raise the limits it might create exploits. I am just guessing here from what i have seen. But im betting if devs can save character progress they will. It may take a while but everythimg else can be rebuilt. But what will take longer is rebuilding so you can explore to recover discovery points and regaining levels. I see so many complaining about land like it doesnt matter the hours it took to get to even lvl 60 as i did. This leads me to believe many of those just started playing and snagged someones land who stopped playing prewipe announcement or after the wipe was announced. I will say it again, all those who put inĀ the hours should atleast have a character save or some better reward for their hours put in. Im all for the new lands and areas but i hope in the future they can create dungeons and hidden islands so they can put those in a new game space so no more full wipes would be necessary.Ā  I dont know the mechanics that involves here but like in fallout you can create doorways to new spaces via doorways which should be used here via caves and underwater caves. I mean exploration is a great aspect of the game so why not use that to create a game space like lost Mayan cities or sunken Roman ships and buildings maybe even Atlantis. How cool would that be? Of course you can put rare weapons or blue prints there with gold. Maybe even rare weapon and armor skins like Roman and Atlantian. If this is a late 1700s era maybe put in pirate shipwrecks to dive on of all the famous pirates. Then i would glady give another 500 hours to this game.

Edited by travis843

16 hours ago, travis843 said:

I do kinda understand the wipe now. Sometimes when i log on i can see mountains where my ships are docked. Maybe a sneek peak of changes or a glitch. But if they change existing island as well as adding i can understand wiping claims and tames maybe even ships. I still dont like the idea of a character wipe and never will. I mean a reset like when they changed skill points is acceptable. But the only way i figure a reason completeĀ wipe is due to existing tames and ships. Those may get wiped but still show in your inventory tame limit. If they raise the limits it might create exploits. I am just guessing here from what i have seen. But im betting if devs can save character progress they will. It may take a while but everythimg else can be rebuilt. But what will take longer is rebuilding so you can explore to recover discovery points and regaining levels. I see so many complaining about land like it doesnt matter the hours it took to get to even lvl 60 as i did. This leads me to believe many of those just started playing and snagged someones land who stopped playing prewipe announcement or after the wipe was announced. I will say it again, all those who put inĀ the hours should atleast have a character save or some better reward for their hours put in. Im all for the new lands and areas but i hope in the future they can create dungeons and hidden islands so they can put those in a new game space so no more full wipes would be necessary.Ā  I dont know the mechanics that involves here but like in fallout you can create doorways to new spaces via doorways which should be used here via caves and underwater caves. I mean exploration is a great aspect of the game so why not use that to create a game space like lost Mayan cities or sunken Roman ships and buildings maybe even Atlantis. How cool would that be? Of course you can put rare weapons or blue prints there with gold. Maybe even rare weapon and armor skins like Roman and Atlantian. If this is a late 1700s era maybe put in pirate shipwrecks to dive on of all the famous pirates. Then i would glady give another 500 hours to this game.

Leveling will go faster, then the first time around, because you have more game experience. Join a company do treasure maps level up quick.

On 3/17/2019 at 8:16 PM, Retarded Bird said:

Very VERY stupid blocking the submarine by being forced to kill the Kraken.Ā  That has to be one of the dumbest blocks I've seen in a game.Ā  Devs, change this please.Ā  One of the sole purposes of this massive update is a new underwater exploration but you won't be able to explore this new area until you get the submarine which further emphasizes you having to kill the Kraken.Ā  For smaller clans(2-3 people) this is impossible.Ā  In other words, this part of the update is completely negated to smaller sized clans.Ā  Good job

+1

• Thanks 1

Any one else not get a mega update or did it happen an got broke? Figures it is a penny shined up from wildcard. lets wait to see when their next lie will be , Or maybe it will be a DLC for like $19.99 like scorched atlas or something because their going to run out of money, especially letting the few fans left down by not up-keeping what they say can an will happen on certain milestones.. keep up the not so good work an followers will leave..

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2019 at 10:22 AM, trev2000 said:

+1

I still say the sub should be a reward for pre wipe players who lost hundreds of hours of work in testing. That way we can test their new underwater biome and see if the servers can handle a lot of players. I mean we are testers so let us test. Whats the use to kill the kracken if its gonna be wiped again. Good luck getting 30% of players back and thats a generous estimate lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 6Actual said:

Has the PVE wipe occurred yet?

Ā 

Ther will be no "wipe" till they released the "mega-patch"....

Ā 

EU_PVE are down, because they are gonna use the servers as PTR, as so, u cant play on them anymore.

But that wasnt a "wipe", was more a server "takeover" :D

• Like 1

On ā€Ž3ā€Ž/ā€Ž29ā€Ž/ā€Ž2019 at 12:34 PM, trev2000 said:

Ther will be no "wipe" till they released the "mega-patch"....

EU_PVE are down, because they are gonna use the servers as PTR, as so, u cant play on them anymore.

But that wasnt a "wipe", was more a server "takeover" šŸ˜„

Thank you

this is bs , i was finally having some fun hunting whales, now when i come back online probably everything is gone.

You have to wonder how some people develop games.....

I am the only player still playing in NA PVP can I have a rollback please when the servers are back online ?

14 minutes ago, ramram said:

this is bs , i was finally having some fun hunting whales, now when i come back online probably everything is gone.

You have to wonder how some people develop games.....

I am the only player still playing in NA PVP can I have a rollback please when the servers are back online ?

It is Steam having problems not Atlas. This will be affecting ALL games on Steam.

Also I doubt you are the only person playing on NA PVP.

You want a rollback when theĀ entire official network is going to be wiped in possibly a week?

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood