INVALID

Captain's Log 22: March Milestone & Official Server Wipe

Well there you have it. From what i read 90% are against this wipe. I am with the pve crowd bc i enjoyed the game through all its bugs and exploits the where i lost a ship bc someone decided to overweight and sink it. I was ready to quit with each stupid loss of a ship. But losing all my character progress will make me quit and never and i mean never will i buy any game affiliated or products affiliated with this company and sister companies. A wipe is a step in the wrong direction and while they may please the whiney pvp or land babies. I mean no offense bc i got the game on day 2 of the release and it took 4 days of sailing before i found the nicest island with all good neighbors. It was there i learned more about the game than i ever would have being solo. But since the update i have seen foundation spamming on multiple islands in lawless regions. I will take screenshots the next time i explore and find them. One of the spammers was preventing a really nice and large fort from being completed. So im just one player but weapon damage needs to be fixed or maybe the biggest thing i see is pvp and pve should be seperate then you can appeal to both player types. Give me new content and leave things as is pre v20 update in pve. Open player designed mods and use them as Bethesda did in Fallout 4 and Skyrim. This is the only player input the game needs. Just design player and weapon damage as you see fit. Just make it more realistic guns vs arrows.

• Sad 1

As the harvest rate changes, it is better not to change as the motivation disappears when it is low. I like to double or triple.

reading comprehension is not your strongpoint.  You implied they do not listen to the players, I gave examples of how they do. My personal feeling is they should stop. 

The higher quality shipyard used when building a ship, the more level ups a ship will be able to obtain.

So now if you didn't make a ship on a perfect shipyard, it is pretty much worthless. 

On 3/3/2019 at 2:56 PM, phyreforge said:

Can you please tone down the cobra and rattle snake spawn in the next build, seeing one to 3 very few feet is just getting annoying :classic_ohmy:

The amount of snake and bug spawns is ridiculous I agree! In L12 on EUPVE I spent 4 hours just killing snakes, lions etc before even being able to harvest anything (after losing my tames to alpha snake going through walls)! Not only that but with so many NPC spawns it puts a bigger load on the server as far as I know!

• Like 1

Any updates on the Aimbot detection going forward in official? otherwise many of us will stay away....

I want you to be able to dismantle the ship of those who are no longer login.

50 minutes ago, CFT said:

I want you to be able to dismantle the ship of those who are no longer login.

Yes, good idea.  And design a dynamic to clear the ships at the Golden Age Ruins.   Unless, of course, you intend all of those abandoned ships as our unwitting addition to your gauntlet.  That would be poor game design.  I know you guys will fix this.

But then again, I think you could see that's the same problem you have with Lawless foundation spamming and pillaring.  On Lawless though, the passive aggressive pillar and foundation spamming is often intentional harm.  Not so with the ships at the GA Ruins.  

Left in its present state, Lawless conditions will eventually break the game for PvE players who are solo or small Companies.  Since you devs are trying to encourage the mega Companies to play nice with solos and smaller Companies on PvP,  it is time to turn that same attention to PvE before you are forced to do another wipe soon after the March 20th scheduled wipe, in order to fix the chaos your PvE Lawless conditions will spawn.

2 hours ago, Raine said:

But then again, I think you could see that's the same problem you have with Lawless foundation spamming and pillaring.  On Lawless though, the passive aggressive pillar and foundation spamming is often intentional harm.

The foundation spamming on Lawless servers is necessary. Since the devs, in their ultimate wisdom (sarcasm), decided to half the distance radius for blocking other player structures from being build near your base, you need to spam a series of foundations. Enough foundations to actually prevent any other player from placing theirs, otherwise, they will drop a foundation near your base, place a cannon, and offline raid you.

Spamming foundations is our only real defense as AI units are never a sound solution by themselves against a real player. 

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, vaylain said:

The foundation spamming on Lawless servers is necessary. Since the devs, in their ultimate wisdom (sarcasm), decided to half the distance radius for blocking other player structures from being build near your base, you need to spam a series of foundations. Enough foundations to actually prevent any other player from placing theirs, otherwise, they will drop a foundation near your base, place a cannon, and offline raid you.

Spamming foundations is our only real defense as AI units are never a sound solution by themselves against a real player. 

Ah...I forgot to mention I was speaking exclusively of PvE since  that's  what I play.  Your explanation makes sense for PvP, but wouldn't be a necessary dynamic for PvE.  Thanks for helping me clarify.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vaylain said:

The upkeep will be too expensive for this childish, beta, passive agressive behavior. Pillar spamming is somethe typical ark elitist jerk has brought over to atlas. I’m sure you and I agree as PvP players that this behaviour is pathetic, weak and childish. I won’t be building on lawless servers for this very reason. I’m glad the devs are implementing the new claim system and upkeep system. The adults can play using claims and the children can attempt to maintain decaying pillar forests on lawless.

good post man. Thanks for you input. 

• Confused 2

Please add .ini setting for dedicated servers that allows us to increase structure limit on ships!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

The upkeep will be too expensive for this childish, beta, passive agressive behavior. Pillar spamming is somethe typical ark elitist jerk has brought over to atlas. I’m sure you and I agree as PvP players that this behaviour is pathetic, weak and childish. I won’t be building on lawless servers for this very reason. I’m glad the devs are implementing the new claim system and upkeep system. The adults can play using claims and the children can attempt to maintain decaying pillar forests on lawless.

good post man. Thanks for you input. 

Considering that players are limited to the ineffective, defensive measures that the devs have created for us and the current AI system is extremely buggy/vulnerable to player intuition and abuse. This is hardly a childish protective measure on lawless. Ark veterans have been using these kinds of defensive game mechanics for years for a reason. It is efficient and unfortunately, necessary. I certainly rather there was better defensive measure implemented into the game and look forward to better mechanics added to Atlas in the future but for now...

That new claim system suggested is even worse than the original. They managed to turn a PVP world into an emo PVE server with only a small window for PVP. That is freaking weird and not my idea of PVP. Also, the settlers (slaves/peasants) do not get to build offensive measure during the off period and yet they can get attacked by their landlords without warning, rhyme, or reason. What in the hell, that is fricking stupid.

I personally love the Lawless Servers the way they were before. Time will tell. Until then, don't be such a mindless NPC and get all butthurt about this though.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Considering that players are limited to the defensive measure that the devs have created for us and the current AI system is extremely buggy/vulnerable to player intuition and abuse. This is hardly a childish protective measure on lawless. Ark veterans have been using these kinds of defensive game mechanics for years for a reason. It is efficient and unfortunately, necessary. I certainly rather there was better defensive measure implemented into the game and look forward to better mechanics added to Atlas in the future but for now...

That new claim system suggested is even worse than the original. I personally love the Lawless Servers the way they were before. Time will tell. Until then, don't be such a mindless NPC and get all butthurt about this though.

Offft! Give me more senpai, I can take it. 

Pillaring is a basic bitch move. Stop being a basic bitch. 

Get baited. 

#orange man bad.

Just now, Polar Express said:

Offft! Give me more senpai, I can take it. 

Pillaring is a basic bitch move. Stop being a basic bitch. 

Get baited. 

#orange man bad.

OK, ya just trolling to be trolling, I see through your facade. 

• Thanks 1

I see your profile pic on every YouTube video and every forum thread in here getting butthurt and being a basic bitch . Every post/comment connected to that profile pic seems to be a melodramatic butthurt NPC complaint about the same things. 

Ive been watching you. 

Keep up the good work.

#orange man bad. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cHURCHy said:

Please add .ini setting for dedicated servers that allows us to increase structure limit on ships!

Isn't there already a structure on platform multiplier? 

23 hours ago, Archsenex said:

Isn't there already a structure on platform multiplier? 

It doesn't wok, that was for ark it, it has been tested and even has its own thread. Alas it does not seem to work

Edited by cHURCHy
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 7:11 AM, travis843 said:

Well there you have it. From what i read 90% are against this wipe. I am with the pve crowd bc i enjoyed the game through all its bugs and exploits the where i lost a ship bc someone decided to overweight and sink it. I was ready to quit with each stupid loss of a ship. But losing all my character progress will make me quit and never and i mean never will i buy any game affiliated or products affiliated with this company and sister companies. A wipe is a step in the wrong direction and while they may please the whiney pvp or land babies. I mean no offense bc i got the game on day 2 of the release and it took 4 days of sailing before i found the nicest island with all good neighbors. It was there i learned more about the game than i ever would have being solo. But since the update i have seen foundation spamming on multiple islands in lawless regions. I will take screenshots the next time i explore and find them. One of the spammers was preventing a really nice and large fort from being completed. So im just one player but weapon damage needs to be fixed or maybe the biggest thing i see is pvp and pve should be seperate then you can appeal to both player types. Give me new content and leave things as is pre v20 update in pve. Open player designed mods and use them as Bethesda did in Fallout 4 and Skyrim. This is the only player input the game needs. Just design player and weapon damage as you see fit. Just make it more realistic guns vs arrows.

Really good post man. You have some valid points.

But as a “whiny PvP baby” my opinion of your post is void. 

Good luck and enjoy the game.  I wish you all the best. 

• Haha 1

Its not nice to take away the character progress like discovery points and the number of rejuvenations. I have 1140 Hours of gameplay but dont care about the rest of the things related to the wipe, only character progress reset makes me sad.

I love this game but since it did not take much time to reach this wipe, you probably going to wipe the server a few more times when you want to change something thats considered to be significant so please make sure you make wise choices when you impement the changes. From a technical point of view you can wipe the server as many times as you want, but from a community perspective you cant. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 6:59, StarWhispers said:

Pero entonces esas personas tenían que pagar hasta el 30% de impuestos. No sé sobre usted, pero si acaba de comenzar un trabajo y tiene poco o ningún dinero y le cobra un impuesto del 30% de su sueldo, no creo que le guste.

👏

4 hours ago, cosinusc3nturio said:

Its not nice to take away the character progress like discovery points and the number of rejuvenations. I have 1140 Hours of gameplay but dont care about the rest of the things related to the wipe, only character progress reset makes me sad.

I love this game but since it did not take much time to reach this wipe, you probably going to wipe the server a few more times when you want to change something thats considered to be significant so please make sure you make wise choices when you impement the changes. From a technical point of view you can wipe the server as many times as you want, but from a community perspective you cant. 

Actually pretty sure that in an EA game your are bound to have these wipes from time to time on a lot of the games out in the market. Its actually something that people forget that a game in EA means that its not like the old time where a company tested and proofed the game in-house... its actually the players doing the testing, and companies are picking up on those tests and making the changes they see relevant (usually based on player feedback). So when i see people get upset about server wipes i keep thinking to myself if people actually know what they are signing up for when they enter an EA game...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Calliri said:

Actually pretty sure that in an EA game your are bound to have these wipes from time to time on a lot of the games out in the market. Its actually something that people forget that a game in EA means that its not like the old time where a company tested and proofed the game in-house... its actually the players doing the testing, and companies are picking up on those tests and making the changes they see relevant (usually based on player feedback). So when i see people get upset about server wipes i keep thinking to myself if people actually know what they are signing up for when they enter an EA game...

It isn't the actual wipe that upsets me, but rather how the discovery point system is implemented in the game. I think everyone(if you have a life) is pissed off about losing discoveries, not their actual levels or boats or tames or buildings. Hitting the level cap is satisfying OR getting experience for doing the things you enjoy in game while leveling is also satisfying. Not being able to get experience when you haven't capped yet is really annoying. And the amount of time you have to spend sailing all over the map just to raise your cap one level is just poor design. In fact-the only aspect of the current discovery point system that people enjoy was supposed to be that it was permanent. Once you got a discovery point the reward-the feeling of joy-was that you got to keep it forever. What's the point of having a system in the game like this if they are going to wipe every few months? I don't care about the wipe, but please get rid of the system that is counter-intuitive to the process you are using to design and make this game better. This is a game-they are supposed to be making it more fun. If they would simply get rid of the point system and just make everything revolve around experience(getting xp for discovering an island or defeating a boss instead of discovery points) I think that would be beneficial for the community. It certainly would keep a lot of people from leaving the game.

And I really hope the devs are reading these posts. They are literally going to lose thousands of players if they don't make the change.