INVALID

Captain's Log 22: March Milestone & Official Server Wipe

What are your bets on Post-Wipe Release Launch?

• Weeks of development and a ton of big and small chagnes launched in a Big Bang?
  • Based on the history of last launch and bug exploit quality for an EA?
  • Forced Wipe
  • Forced Char Wipe
  • Forced Anarchy mode nobody asked for and does not provide any information on the game or mechanics because the parameters are chagned > Everybody in gives as hit mode > 6x ressources, leveling
  • Letting everybody start on Lvl 0 with 1/6 of the farming rate they got used to for one month.
  • Players comming back which left since announcement of wipe and are still leaving.... And not get hooked to a new game sicne and will stay with the new game?
  • Players leaving because now they now every progress including char will be wiped every 2 month?

Why not ask the community and really include their opinion?  Its 2019! 
  • Like 2

Este wipe, si es como creo entender, es como cuando dios hizo el diluvio...que es lo que cambio entonces ?. Puedo comprender que hay cosas que arreglar, pero arreglarlas "destruyendo" es muy sencillo verdad ?. Pido disculpas por mi mal ingles (me ayudo del Translation). Saludos a todos.

This wipe, if it is as I think I understand, is like when God made the flood ... what is it that I change then? I can understand that there are things to fix, but fixing them "destroying" is very simple right? I apologize for my bad English (I help the Translation). Greetings to all.

Edited by solraco

No Claim on PVE server! I was in the game 50 days and 2 of us couldn't find single spot to claim. Following that experience it is better without claim and if you really play you will log in often and your buildings will not decay.

• Like 2

What will be particularly fun with all-Lawless PvE servers is the ability of anyone to pillar in your ships just for the hell of it.   Since you aren't claim-protected, there's sweet FA you can do about it.  Is Grapeshot prepared to address this?  Make underwater pillars non-functional til they figure out how to make people play nice on the PvE servers as well as the PvP servers?

If they don't, I could see this behavior proliferating throughout the PvE network until it becomes as much of a problem as trying to find land to claim

pre-Wipe.

Edited by Raine

2 hours ago, solraco said:

This wipe, if it is as I think I understand, is like when God made the flood ... what is it that I change then? I can understand that there are things to fix, but fixing them "destroying" is very simple right? I apologize for my bad English (I help the Translation). Greetings to all.

If I understand this wipe correctly, this is like when God cast out the flood upon the face of Earth. What good will come from it? I agree that there are things that require a fix but fixing them by chaotically destroying everything from the server is just taking the "lazy" route.

(I helped by translating this post and I was very bored since I cannot play Atlas right now until the update...)

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SeekTheOne said:

Why not ask the community and really include their opinion?  Its 2019! 

you know what you should do? crowdfund a game with the idea that the game is designed 100% around user input and feedback. Everyone gets a voice. Wonder what that would end up looking like, its 2019 after all. 

44 minutes ago, ljbendele said:

you know what you should do? crowdfund a game with the idea that the game is designed 100% around user input and feedback. Everyone gets a voice. Wonder what that would end up looking like, its 2019 after all. 

Or...we could let the devs make a game, allow them to charge us to "beta test" their game, provide them absolutely no feedback or suggestions, and allow the devs to implement broken or undesirable aspects that may piss off a significant amount of their current player base and see what happens. I wonder what that would look like? Probably just like the hundreds of trash titles that have already been forgotten shortly after their unimpressive retail launches.

By the way, most of the changes they are implementing right now are due largely because of the feedback they had received from us over the past couple of months. The devs are extremely adept at filtering through all of our posts, extracting and inferring exactly what they need to do their jobs, so what are you talking about?

Maybe we could find a happy medium? Quit being such a melodramatic douche.

Edited by vaylain

i was born that way, not going to change now. you would have to be blind to say that Atlas has not been listening to its playerbase since launch. I have never seen a more responsive group of developers patching practicaly daily in 20 plus years of gaming. The fixes they implement based on customer feedback may not be the solutions everyone wants but you can not deny that they have been listening and responding. 

ill use fire arrows as an example, people cried fire was too strong, shortly thereafter fire arrows were nerfed to hell. 

people complained stone was too impenatrable , thereafter stone was nerfed and explosives buffed making stone worthless. 

players complained about stone being useless , it got a little buff. 

if u read the forums u can tell whats coming next because the devs pretty much add whatever is being posted about. 

and devs charging people to beta test thier games is the latest meta for game development. Other games just call them founders packs. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beechies said:

No Claim on PVE server! I was in the game 50 days and 2 of us couldn't find single spot to claim. Following that experience it is better without claim and if you really play you will log in often and your buildings will not decay.

That is pretty bad. We had several in our alliances who were constantly looking for a claim as well. Since my company only had a few people we only had a few claims. We actually gave two away to help new players out.

Honestly some companies took the claim system way to far and as a result a lot of the claimable servers were dead silent. Many company's were not to greedy though, but all it takes is a few bad apples to spoil the bunch. Or so they say.

If they do keep the claim system on pve I truly hope they reduce the claim flags to 1 per server and maybe a limit of like 3 or  4 flags in total per person. That way veteran and new players could all have a better chance of getting a claimable land area.

9 hours ago, Beechies said:

So your problem was you couldn't find land to claim.  With the new system, you still won't be able to find land to claim, because there will be no claims.   You still have the same problem as before.

• Like 2

Honestly, I support all of these changes except for one aspect-THE LEVEL CAP. Is our level cap going to be reset 100% with the wipe? In this game you don't just have to grind xp and mats, but you also have to grind discoveries to raise your level cap. I am currently lvl 77. Getting the xp needed to level up is easy; I don't mind doing that over again. But getting discovery points is really hard and, in my opinion, the most time consuming part of this game. Could you guys please just set a hard cap for leveling and let us play the game and get experience. Maybe you could just get rid of the discovery point system entirely. Having to raise our "level cap" and then go get the experience for it afterwards is really annoying. 

• Like 1

Could we please keep our current level cap? Or could you at least unlock the level cap for all players? I'm not going to spend hundreds of hours sailing all over the map again chasing down all those blue bubbles.

So when is this update happening? I a mnot going to log in since it does not matter anymore. I like to play it when it basically relaunches now.

• Like 1

Grapeshot games are unable to build a complete game , how many believe this will be last server wipe , yes yes it’s early access but it’s been hardly a shell of a game since beginning . Also let’s be honest ark is still full of bugs and That’s a finished game 

• Confused 1

Just wanted throw in my feedback as well, a lot of which is echoed here already,

1) spent a lot of time and energy for discovery points and levels please don't wipe

2) without a way to control foundation,gate and pillar spam this will be a nightmare

I feel a more moderate approach may be better, add the extra islands and limit claim flags to two per person.  It allows 1 to build a home on and 1 to ensure resources remain.  Then a company has the sum of its members flags, a 4 person company has 8 flags.  Give everyone 2 weeks to decide what flags to keep.  One someone leaves a company than the officers have a week to choose which flags to release.

since there will be no more fog of war what is to happen to the map making skills ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ljbendele said:

i was born that way, not going to change now. you would have to be blind to say that Atlas has not been listening to its playerbase since launch. I have never seen a more responsive group of developers patching practicaly daily in 20 plus years of gaming. The fixes they implement based on customer feedback may not be the solutions everyone wants but you can not deny that they have been listening and responding. 

ill use fire arrows as an example, people cried fire was too strong, shortly thereafter fire arrows were nerfed to hell. 

people complained stone was too impenatrable , thereafter stone was nerfed and explosives buffed making stone worthless. 

if u read the forums u can tell whats coming next because the devs pretty much add whatever is being posted about. 

and devs charging people to beta test thier games is the latest meta for game development. Other games just call them founders packs. 

Well i've seen these same devs work on Ark. And now that they quit Ark, the game is finally getting much better. We're supposed to get a brand new fucking huge update from the new devs and its so good, i'm dropping Atlas althogether and going back to Ark...almost like they planned on it. 

Well, i do NOT understand the wipe. Some chinese megatribes have/or have not some duped items.

Who cares ? Punishing ten thousands of players is retarded.

Just the kind of anti-customer decision that caused me to leave ARK.

Wait... its not even „anti-customer“, they just dont care about lousy insects, non-streamers and people who refuse to farm resources as slaves for a 24/7 teenager nolife boss in a megatribe.

Edited by Talono
  • Confused 1

please reconsider the character wipe or at least explain why this has to be and make a clear statement how you want to proceed from now on...you surely understand that the part of the game (base, ships, stuff) you could lose everyday to other players matters less then characters to most ppl. if you at least keep them it would make playing not feeling "worthless" as progression is part of the fun.

21 hours ago, ljbendele said:

I never argued that the devs were "NOT" listening to us. In fact, I argued that they have been and that we need to continue to provide feedback concerning what is working and what is not to ensure that the game is built as successfully as possible. This was in rebuttal to your previous smart-ass notion that we should crowd-fund and build our own game and take user feedback to direct our game design efforts and then see where this would lead us. you were insinuating that we would end up with a piece of dysfunctional crap.

Now it looks as if you turned a complete 180 and agree that the devs do appreciate our feedback and that they use the community feedback to help them learn what is working and what is not. This is a team effort as we all have vested interest and wish for a successful Atlas build.

Edited by vaylain

Well there you have it. From what i read 90% are against this wipe. I am with the pve crowd bc i enjoyed the game through all its bugs and exploits the where i lost a ship bc someone decided to overweight and sink it. I was ready to quit with each stupid loss of a ship. But losing all my character progress will make me quit and never and i mean never will i buy any game affiliated or products affiliated with this company and sister companies. A wipe is a step in the wrong direction and while they may please the whiney pvp or land babies. I mean no offense bc i got the game on day 2 of the release and it took 4 days of sailing before i found the nicest island with all good neighbors. It was there i learned more about the game than i ever would have being solo. But since the update i have seen foundation spamming on multiple islands in lawless regions. I will take screenshots the next time i explore and find them. One of the spammers was preventing a really nice and large fort from being completed. So im just one player but weapon damage needs to be fixed or maybe the biggest thing i see is pvp and pve should be seperate then you can appeal to both player types. Give me new content and leave things as is pre v20 update in pve. Open player designed mods and use them as Bethesda did in Fallout 4 and Skyrim. This is the only player input the game needs. Just design player and weapon damage as you see fit. Just make it more realistic gund vs arrows.

3 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Well i've seen these same devs work on Ark. And now that they quit Ark, the game is finally getting much better. We're supposed to get a brand new fucking huge update from the new devs and its so good, i'm dropping Atlas althogether and going back to Ark...almost like they planned on it. 

Yep, they are finally implementing the "S+ mod" into the official servers!  😃 

Now if they would only remove the Managarmr from being able to transfer into the Aberration servers. That flyer ruins Aberration completely =(

Edited by vaylain

Well there you have it. From what i read 90% are against this wipe. I am with the pve crowd bc i enjoyed the game through all its bugs and exploits the where i lost a ship bc someone decided to overweight and sink it. I was ready to quit with each stupid loss of a ship. But losing all my character progress will make me quit and never and i mean never will i buy any game affiliated or products affiliated with this company and sister companies. A wipe is a step in the wrong direction and while they may please the whiney pvp or land babies. I mean no offense bc i got the game on day 2 of the release and it took 4 days of sailing before i found the nicest island with all good neighbors. It was there i learned more about the game than i ever would have being solo. But since the update i have seen foundation spamming on multiple islands in lawless regions. I will take screenshots the next time i explore and find them. One of the spammers was preventing a really nice and large fort from being completed. So im just one player but weapon damage needs to be fixed or maybe the biggest thing i see is pvp and pve should be seperate then you can appeal to both player types. Give me new content and leave things as is pre v20 update in pve. Open player designed mods and use them as Bethesda did in Fallout 4 and Skyrim. This is the only player input the game needs. Just design player and weapon damage as you see fit. Just make it more realistic gund vs arrows.