INVALID

Captain's Log 22: March Milestone & Official Server Wipe

22 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Your post is honestly the most understandable, coherent, honest and constructive post here. 

You very importantly state the actual issue that no other pve player has stated and i commend you on that. Honestly. 

There is not alot of information regarding pve and planned changes there yet. The devs have essentially only mentioned pvp server balances and changes. The pve servers run under a seperate set of rules and did at launch and all the way through the beta so far. 

In my opinion, this is probably why i feel inclined to tell some of the more melodramatic pve players in this thread to chill out. No one truely knows what is coming to pve from this captains log. The devs eluded very vaguely in some cases. But there is nothing in concrete for anyone.

As a pvp player.

I like these changes. I want the lowering of the pvp difficulty curve  to be something pve players may enjoy aswell. That is the main take away for me from the new updates. I want people to play on the pvp server and have fun regardless of their personal play style choice. It was never meant to be an attack until i was attacked by doomsayers saying the game will die. 

Enjoy the game everyone. Please for gods sake let the devs just put something out the way they developed it for once without it being changed many many times before it lands. This has lead to so many catastrophic fuck ups in the past. I have played from launch and i dont want repeats of the SOTD night, the stone wall patch, the second claim overhaul. 

As just another player, you're not entitled to tell anyone to chill out.  As a non-pve player, you're even less entitled to do that.

I'm glad somebody explained the issue to you in a way that you can understand it.  Here's an even simpler explanation.

The devs put a lot of thought into pvp and none into pve.  The pve solution they came up with is a real wtf moment, because everyone on pve complained there were no claims and they didn't want to live on lawless.  Their solution is to wipe all the claims and make everything lawless.  And add upkeep.

So if pve people want to let the devs know what they think of that brilliant decision, you should consider that it's really none of your business and maybe just go 

27 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Enjoy the game 

and stay out of it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

As just another player, you're not entitled to tell anyone to chill out.  As a non-pve player, you're even less entitled to do that.

I'm glad somebody explained the issue to you in a way that you can understand it.  Here's an even simpler explanation.

The devs put a lot of thought into pvp and none into pve.  The pve solution they came up with is a real wtf moment, because everyone on pve complained there were no claims and they didn't want to live on lawless.  Their solution is to wipe all the claims and make everything lawless.  And add upkeep.

So if pve people want to let the devs know what they think of that brilliant decision, you should consider that it's really none of your business and maybe just go 

and stay out of it.

Could not have put it better myself. Im really glad PVP got some attention. From what I read on it, it really needed it.

But telling someone to Chill because they want their game experience and preferred play style to have the same attention is just seriously bad form and dismissive.

Personally id rather start topic that have ideas to solve the issue so i did:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

company reduced to 250 members that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen 

Really ! No more than 2000 players can be allied ! How can they dare !!!😂👌

• Like 1

The system won`t work. It does not matter how much the landlord is paying taxes because the source of money are his tenants. The landlords will increase the price always and go and conquer other island with the gold made from tenants to increase his profit. This will promote wars between the landlords and slavery for all others. 

1 hour ago, Talono said:

We want to own this world legally ... if not illegal is fine 😄 

So its been a while since this shock revelation landed that all our stuff is going to be wiped. My company cba to play now they know its not worth it...

The "oh please still play our game, here's X6" hasn't worked as its like a ghost town around my island. By now i'd have loads of resources in my tax bank from farmers, treasure hunters etc... I have nothing but scraps... no one can be bothered. May as well wipe it now.

I'd hoped you learnt your lesson from ARK but no, we're here again, with the same mistakes, the same cry babies wanting wipes and to have their cake.... 

The people crying for server wipes for the past few months are the cry babies who cant get their palm beach view on the island of their choice because they were late to the party lol (i'm in northern biome btw).

The build anywhere idea is retarded. The flags were a decent solution to the problems we had in ARK (which you have just re-introduced) there is gonna be pillaring everywhere again. All it needed was for the flags to be tweaked or capped so people cant go mental with them.

Any thoughts on a single player mode like in ark to test builds etc. That was handy before building in real world.

Not feeling the love for PVE. Maybe time to move on....

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

and stay out of it.

Seriously mate??! Did the message i posted addressing my own issues trigger you to this^^ you werent even the guy i posted it to. Ur one of the pve crybabies i was humbling myself to in my post in an effort to make sure there were no hard feelings and that i am listening to your concerns. I ackknowlege them aswell. Alot of tgem are valid.

But then this is what you decide to post? 

More melodramatic bullshit. And ur a hack shill. Id say fight me but ur a pve bitch. 

Nb; this is not aimed at any of the reasonable guys ( pve/pvp) posting in this thread. I apologised if i offended you. This is purely for this hack shill i quoted. 

Edited by Polar Express
Apologies

6 hours ago, Talono said:

company is like a tribe idiot only have 250 I am in a company with 500+ members!! not with allies so get your shit straight!!!🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

I would Appreciate Ron know this in advance Wil we be getting atlas on console anytime soon or at all. I can wait but I don’t want to keep getting baited into thinking this is a game I can play if it’s not so please save me some time and just give it to us straight are we ever getting atlas on Xbox one and ps4?!?

3 hours ago, Polar Express said:

Seriously mate??! Did the message i posted addressing my own issues trigger you to this^^ you werent even the guy i posted it to. Ur one of the pve crybabies i was humbling myself to in my post in an effort to make sure there were no hard feelings and that i am listening to your concerns. I ackknowlege them aswell. Alot of tgem are valid.

But then this is what you decide to post? 

More melodramatic bullshit. And ur a hack shill. Id say fight me but ur a pve bitch. 

Nb; this is not aimed at any of the reasonable guys ( pve/pvp) posting in this thread. I apologised if i offended you. This is purely for this hack shill i quoted. 

Agreed and why TF are you playing A MMO PIRATE WARFARE game if you’re not even gonna pvp, I just want them to put it on console so I can play the damn game

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2019 at 12:15 PM, Shadowcub said:

Unfortunately, in my opinion, the real problem is semantics. Early Access is a term that I don't think is widely understood yet (especially among younger players) and certainly rarely disclosed as to what it really means. Much of this is Steam's fault. If you go to an Early Access game page, they rarely explain the truth of what it is, as the text is set by the developer. It's misleading (and borderline advertising fraud). There should be some big red box somewhere that is mandatory on every early access title that explains that you are buying a beta-level game and your play experience will change, including the possibility of losing all progression.

The problem is, they are taking money for their EA and this gives us the right to bitch when the devs implement things that make us unhappy. We are now paying, (despite the EA clause) for their product, so we now have a vested interest as well.

I am NOT one of those "youngsters" that you speak of. Trust me, I have spent most of my life beta testing games. Back then, we tested their games and provided our feedback but we were also granted access to their games for free. We really could not bitch about it since it was free. This whole EA bullshit is just that "Bullshit". An excuse to charge money for their unfinished product where you still test out their product and they can live behind the protection of their EA clauses while neglecting their customers and typically abandoning their IP.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

Why in the hell would you tell us so early before you implement this major, game-changing update? For the rest of the month, until you make the changes and screw us all over with a server wipe, there will be absolutely NO reason to even log in and play the game. Oh, and you can keep your stupid cosmetic and shove it up...

Edited by vaylain

1 hour ago, vaylain said:

Why in the hell would you tell us so early before you implement this major, game-changing update? For the rest of the month, until you make the changes and screw us all over with a server wipe, there will be absolutely NO reason to even log in and play the game. Oh, and you can keep your stupid cosmetic and shove it up...

People would have bitched if they only gave us a weeks notice too, "you're wiping the server next week? I just wasted all that time.you should have told us before" either way, damned if they do, damned If they dont, I for one am glad.they gave us a heads up, I can take a break and put some time into another game and come back and see If this is something I still enjoy in a month.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Polar Express said:

As a pvp player.

I like these changes. I want the lowering of the pvp difficulty curve  to be something pve players may enjoy aswell. That is the main take away for me from the new updates. I want people to play on the pvp server and have fun regardless of their personal play style choice.

As a PvE player, I too like the PvP changes.  So why can't the PvE changes be like the PvP changes, but without the war and raid times?

• Like 1

If the submarine is only given to players that defeat the Kraken then the players that don't have a company and play the game solo or a very small company will not have a chance to get one.

I would like to see some type of scuba gear or some type of facemask for deep underwater gathering added to the game

that diving suit sucks, I cant see anything in that thing

Can you please tone down the cobra and rattle snake spawn in the next build, seeing one to 3 very few feet is just getting annoying :classic_ohmy:

Edited by phyreforge

For Grapeshot, PvP is the German Shepherd and PvE is the angry kitten. 

Do they see PvPers as a larger, more aggressive and problematical group of users, producing the major squeaky wheels that come off  the Atlas bus?  They've clearly made that their focus rather than PvE.

One of the kernel mods Atlas used is geared toward a KvK (kingdom v. kingdom) playstyle where PvPers and PvEers are supposed to play side-by-side on the same server, with PvE players being untouchable by PvPers.  Atlas chose to create different sandboxes instead.  That might work better in the long run, but please Grapeshot, if you're going to create different sandboxes PLEASE don't make PvE a litterbox instead.  That's exactly what you've done by making PvE Lawless.

german shepherd and kitten.JPG

• Thanks 1

Just read over the captain's log and seen the dev video. Few concerns from a solo player:

1. Why do a character wipe? Is there something about the characters that will interfere with the rest of the update?

2. Solo players and smaller companies want to use the submarine too and defeating the kraken is unrealistic for us.

3. Solo players will never own an island, but we would still like to be able to defend our bases. I realize that can be accomplished to a degree with the puckle gun, but I think maybe just limiting non settlement owners from placing mortars and large cannons would be better.

4. Limiting alliance size to 4 companies I think is fine however capping the number of alliances your allowed to be in to 2 is bad. I want to ally w/ anyone I'm shareing an island with. I think instead of capping the number of alliances you can be in at 5 would be better.

5. My only other concern would be a settlement owner deciding to evict me because I built in his way... are they going to have to raid to get rid of things or just walk up and "E" to demolish? 

I am truly looking forward to this wipe, I appreciate the thought and effort all y'all put into the development of this game. I like that you're going to take a firmer stance on the cheaters. The single claim flag is brilliant and I really like the upkeep system. Looking forward to exploring the trenches (even if it is in a diving suit). Keep up the great work.

Edited by Tater Tot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just an after thought... how many players can be on one grid at a time? If a company of 250 declares war on a company with 250 player, could the defending settlement just fill the grid with max players to prevent a war time event? Essentially stopping the attack by overpopulating the grid?

• Thanks 1

PvP: "Structures that are built on a Settlement which do not belong to the Settlement Owner will have a decay timer."

Lawless: "Damage decay added over time on all structures" 

PvE: "A new auto-repair structure which players willneed to upkeep to prevent structures from being destroyed by decay."

Can we get this structure on PvP too?

The radius of the building alone is insufficient. You can occupy the land with a sparsely laid foundation. It is a corresponding idea.
① Change the radius according to the density of the building. In one case it is extremely small. The larger the number of buildings in one place, the larger the radius.
② If the room has a large radius.

It depresses, wipe depresses. Many go to other projects and will not return back. Waiting too long for a wipe. It is like torture. Why wait so long?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, SV TOLK said:

It depresses, wipe depresses. Many go to other projects and will not return back. Waiting too long for a wipe. It is like torture. Why wait so long?

that true, actually i dont have any pleasur to play because i waiting the Wipe. i will back but it's long .. 

• Like 1

Tater Tot you have very good points there!

Other issue might be due the alliance limit: "company A" might build near their ally "company B" but because "company A" is smaller than "company B" the 2nd one decides to remove from their ally list "company A" to ally with "company C" witch is bigger. Because the first 2 companies were allies they can`t build or repair their structures because they are too close to the enemy territory witch in fact are friendly and not going to war against each other.  Alliance limit does not make sense at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1