INVALID

Captain's Log 22: March Milestone & Official Server Wipe

3 hours ago, Jatheish said:

These rankings will be used to determine upkeep, as well as identify the Top 10 Companies which will be a sum of all the islands that Company has claimed

So there will be no Top 10 Companies on PvE servers, and no way to track them for the dynamic maps.

3 hours ago, Jatheish said:

World Map will now show the name of an Island (which can be changed by Settlement owners), who a Settlement is owned by, the current tax rate,

Again, PvE players get shortchanged.  No owning land, not tax bank....

• Like 1

So they make PVE so it's less interesting to play.

It sounds like they don't want you to play PVE the way they are change the game.

Settlement owners must set a window of vulnerability, currently set to 9 hours, where their island is raidable. Outside of this window, players, structures and ships will not take damage from other players.

Is this a 9 hours window per day ? So playing ATLAS equals a fulltime job ?  Are you serious ?

So pve just got useless. No claiming of a spot. People can just build everywhere. This will result in resources not growing back, grieves that foundation spam,  we will see even more gates, blocking everything off. @Jatheish @Dollie WORST DECISION EVER

• Like 2

little submarine without quest kraken 
and fog of war should be (imho) (spirit of discovery and adventure)

Edited by Pchela Lesnaya
  • Like 1

unlock the discovery points for levels for the next few weeks so players can experience max level and can view the end game content before wipe!!!!

The PVE changes are worst idea ever.

At least 10 players from various alliances just quit or will be quiting.

I won't be playing as much now if at all.

As said in my own post thread ( cut down version ).

I could coupe losing bases

I could just about coupe losing tames

I can't get past the character wipe and the loss of all that progress.

I cannot see past the removal of the claim system from PVE. All you had to to was stop people owning entire islands. Or at least prevent one person owning entire islands.

Limit the number of claims flags a person can place 2 or 3 pp. This means even mega companies have to think more carefully on how they use these.

@Jatheish you said you listen to the community and nothing set in stone.

But whoever decided this change to PVE clearly isn't listening and worse doesn't even understand how it works there.

Nothing mentioned will stop the spam, from what I read and know it didn't in Ark and won't here.

It deminishes everything we onnPVE have so far achieved. It destroys all or efforts to engage you and the company.

For me personally over 700hr for what? 

A worse cut down version of the game. 

As it will be regardless, more spam, no claims, not point in trading, no reason to explore, no point in endgame.

Resources blocking will increase.

Having a company will be pointless. 

Upkeep will be the chore and grind.

• Like 2

I play on PvE and this update sounds fantastic.  Everything we hoped for.  GJ Jat & team.

The only thing I ask is that foundation spam be wiped out.  idiots will try to rule an island by blocking others ability to build.

• Like 1

good stuff, only thing i will say is pve systems need a bit more explaining even if really stuff hasn't changed, atlas sold me on your visions of settlements citys and trade instead we got ark offline raiding glad to see it steer back to your original visions gg

No this will make foundation spam worse, did in Ark.

14 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

I play on PvE and this update sounds fantastic.  Everything we hoped for.  GJ Jat & team.

The only thing I ask is that foundation spam be wiped out.  idiots will try to rule an island by blocking others ability to build.

• Like 1

Just now, Seren Du said:

No this will make foundation spam worse, did in Ark.

they just need to have a way to distinguish foundation spam with legitimate buildings.

Settlement owners must set a window of vulnerability, currently set to 9 hours, where their island is raidable. Outside of this window, players, structures and ships will not take damage from other players.

Superb for no-lifers. Smaller comps with working members won't have big chances to survive. Set it to like 4 or at least 6. Don't know if I will continue playing on PvE for all servers gonna be "pillared" and also PvP with 9 hrs vulnerable is not an option for my comp.

Wenn ihr die Änderungen auf Deutsch lesen wollt

http://atlas-mmo.de/index.php?article/20-alles-auf-anfang-aus-dem-captain-s-log-22/

I don't know what you guys are drinking,  Jat, but I'll have a double.

I can't comment on the pvp changes.  Well, I could if I sat and thought it through carefully, but why bother?  Nobody else seems to be doing that.

The pve changes are insane.  They're especially nutty as you claim you're tying to help small companies, solos, casuals, etc.    In order of importance:

Claims -  Everybody seems to be freaking most about the wipe, but seriously, that's not the worst thing happening here.  The wipe is hard to take, but if a player came back to something really great, most would get over that.    You know all those nice pictures that show up in the contest you have, where people have built beautiful unique bases?  Kiss that shit goodbye, because you'll never see it again.

**You'd think one of you guys could just take a few minutes and pop into a few locations in lawless and have a look around.  Most of them are ugly as hell, people are fighting with each other for every inch of space, putting down posts and foundations and bigass ugly thatch walls.  They are throwing up temporary crap everywhere and walling off each other's resources , ships and access routes.   Resources spawn right through anything built there.**

Pve players are unhappy if they can't find a claim and are forced to live in Lawless, so your response is to do away with claims and make everybody live in Lawless.  Brilliant.

Can't wait to see all your new promo shots of players living in what looks like the town dump.

That's your vision for pve?   That's how a great game looks to you?  Come on, that's amateur hour.  It's obvious you gave up on the pve servers when you did that.    Just put up a big ol' billboard that says, "Here's what's left over from our real sandbox.  You can use it if you want.  Oh, the cat's been in there, but don't mind that."

All you had to do was limit claims.  That with the extra islands would have given everyone a shot at a nice base.    Dumbest ...move....ever.

New content - The video looks very nice.  Too bad the smalls/solos/casuals will never get to see it.   Seriously, wtf are you guys thinking?  You want to help that group and the only attractive thing about this update gets locked behind the kraken?

Server wipe - I won't comment on whether you needed to do a full server wipe, just wipe the map and claims or how that could have worked, but you know server wipes piss off a lot of people.  So disregarding the pvp changes, let's recap what this announcement means to pve players:

There's going to be a server wipe and you will lose all your progress and accomplishments.  But don't worry.  When you come back,  it'll be wonderful because

1.  You'll have to live on lawless with no building restrictions  (Edit):  And your new crappy spot will decay and you'll have to pay upkeep for that dump.

2.  There will be great new content which many of you will never see

That's some fabulous sell job there, guys.    It would take some real geniuses on Madison Ave. a good number of 4 martini lunches to come up with something that brilliant.  Congratulations.  

Edited by Winter Thorne
forgot one of the best parts
  • Like 8

I understand the structure wipe is necesary. But what about character progress? is there a reason to wipe it? Would be nice to keep those 😉

4 hours ago, Urthor said:
One of the best ideas that came up in a recent stream with the Dynasty and Sexy Cat Alliance leaders was the idea an island's claim flag should be contested on *water* not on land.

Ship to ship combat being the funnest part of this game, why not make ship to ship combat the most important thing, where you have to contest an offshore claim flag to take an island, not the unfun running around on land business from Ark

Food for thought

It won't.  Large alliances will set up a network of smaller alliances and "unofficial" alliances to get around the limit.  

Alliance limit will just allow thefts and killers to do their thing, moving unnoticed everywhere and flee after they kill or rob a place. 

37 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

they just need to have a way to distinguish foundation spam with legitimate buildings.

if the could they would have done so in Ark, its not something they can really do, the man hours and server run time to look over all grids to what appears to be spam would be phenomenal, this is one area the claim system worked.

Sorry dude think you have head in the clouds a little with that.

23 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I don't know what you guys are drinking,  Jat, but I'll have a double.

I can't comment on the pvp changes.  Well, I could if I sat and thought it through carefully, but why bother?  Nobody else seems to be doing that.

The pve changes are insane.  They're especially nutty as you claim you're tying to help small companies, solos, casuals, etc.    In order of importance:

Claims -  Everybody seems to be freaking most about the wipe, but seriously, that's not the worst thing happening here.  The wipe is hard to take, but if a player came back to something really great, most would get over that.    You know all those nice pictures that show up in the contest you have, where people have built beautiful unique bases?  Kiss that shit goodbye, because you'll never see it again.

**You'd think one of you guys could just take a few minutes and pop into a few locations in lawless and have a look around.  Most of them are ugly as hell, people are fighting with each other for every inch of space, putting down posts and foundations and bigass ugly thatch walls.  They are throwing up temporary crap everywhere and walling off each other's resources , ships and access routes.   Resources spawn right through anything built there.**

Pve players are unhappy if they can't find a claim and are forced to live in Lawless, so your response is to do away with claims and make everybody live in Lawless.  Brilliant.

Can't wait to see all your new promo shots of players living in what looks like the town dump.

That's your vision for pve?   That's how a great game looks to you?  Come on, that's amateur hour.  It's obvious you gave up on the pve servers when you did that.    Just put up a big ol' billboard that says, "Here's what's left over from our real sandbox.  You can use it if you want.  Oh, the cat's been in there, but don't mind that."

All you had to do was limit claims.  That with the extra islands would have given everyone a shot at a nice base.    Dumbest ...move....ever.

New content - The video looks very nice.  Too bad the smalls/solos/casuals will never get to see it.   Seriously, wtf are you guys thinking?  You want to help that group and the only attractive thing about this update gets locked behind the kraken?

Server wipe - I won't comment on whether you needed to do a full server wipe, just wipe the map and claims or how that could have worked, but you know server wipes piss off a lot of people.  So disregarding the pvp changes, let's recap what this announcement means to pve players:

There's going to be a server wipe and you will lose all your progress and accomplishments.  But don't worry.  When you come back,  it'll be wonderful because

1.  You'll have to live on lawless with no building restrictions  (Edit):  And your new crappy spot will decay and you'll have to pay upkeep for that dump.

2.  There will be great new content which many of you will never see

That's some fabulous sell job there, guys.    It would take some real geniuses on Madison Ave. a good number of 4 martini lunches to come up with something that brilliant.  Congratulations.  

i love this, love it love it love it. lol (not had my coffee yet so bouncing) 

• Like 1

HaHa sometimes i think these devs seem to love hatred. Every single decision was always anti-players.

Their produced negative emotions could feed a whole armee of the Sith.

They stay in this tradition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talono said:

HaHa sometimes i think these devs seem to love hatred. Every single decision was always anti-players.

Their produced negative emotions could feed a whole armee of the Sith.

They stay in this tradition.

I get the feeling there is a Palpatinesqe figure in control there who wants their vision come hell or highwater. So blinded by their own perceived brilliance they cant let it go and listen to the player base, well majority anyway.

Their over confidence may be their weakness lol

I love the changes, but we need a way to claim land on PVE.  The current change is just setting us up for trolling and drama.

• Like 1

I have done the Kraken 3 times already and now your going to wipe the progress and put something extra for doing it, FeelsBadMan

Hello all,

I dont mind the wipe. That is good. I dont like them making this less and less of a PvP game. That is lame.

The new mechanics is not going to work at all. Its going to be horrible.

When one guild wants to attack another guilds island they will always, yes ALWAYS, use the following tactic.

They will start a few new characters, create a guild, go to the enemy island with a new guild name and build and live there some time in order to store up weapons and bears, and then they will jump ship and join their real company and attack the island. This is the only way its going to play out. Every time. When someone attacks and island this is how it will be done. And because this is without a doubt what is going to happen, then all guilds will adapt to this and kill every newcomer they see on islands they own. So you solved nothing and just made the game dumber, less pvp, and less fun. Also it will make ships and owning the sea lanes even less of a point.

Second, an all see map all the time just removed one of the most fun things in this game. Scouting. Scouting was fun both to do offesivly and also to detect and consider when someone did it to us defensivly. You just killed that part of the game totally. You will always see where everyone lives, and to fight someone you just go to their island PvE style and look at evertying in total safety. Infact, before many battles an island will be competly overrun by people just learning the island. Looking at defences, trying out shooting angels and such. And in total safety! That is so stupid and destroys immersion so much I dont even know if I should cuddle up i the shower and just cry.

Wipe yes, lets restart without cheats. Do these lame changes? NO, it will almost surely kill the game off.

• Like 1

the first horseman of the Atlas Apocalypse lol and his name was Spam

With our planned changes for March, the game will be heading into a more rule based system, so for the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes to experience what it would be like if we took an alternative route. 

We’ll be releasing an update tomorrow which includes the following changes:

- 6x Rates - Harvesting, Taming, Experience, and Gold.
- Claim flags will no longer prevent enemy building. You can now build anywhere, and only structure build radius will prevent it. This is a non-default, which will be enabled on our PvP Networks. Unofficials can also use this as a custom server-side config.
- All servers, other than Golden Age Ruin servers, can be set to home servers, allowing players to respawn at them.

8 minutes ago, Patrik said:

Hello all,

I dont mind the wipe. That is good. I dont like them making this less and less of a PvP game. That is lame.

The new mechanics is not going to work at all. Its going to be horrible.

When one guild wants to attack another guilds island they will always, yes ALWAYS, use the following tactic.

They will start a few new characters, create a guild, go to the enemy island with a new guild name and build and live there some time in order to store up weapons and bears, and then they will jump ship and join their real company and attack the island. This is the only way its going to play out. Every time. When someone attacks and island this is how it will be done. And because this is without a doubt what is going to happen, then all guilds will adapt to this and kill every newcomer they see on islands they own. So you solved nothing and just made the game dumber, less pvp, and less fun. Also it will make ships and owning the sea lanes even less of a point.

Second, an all see map all the time just removed one of the most fun things in this game. Scouting. Scouting was fun both to do offesivly and also to detect and consider when someone did it to us defensivly. You just killed that part of the game totally. You will always see where everyone lives, and to fight someone you just go to their island PvE style and look at evertying in total safety. Infact, before many battles an island will be competly overrun by people just learning the island. Looking at defences, trying out shooting angels and such. And in total safety! That is so stupid and destroys immersion so much I dont even know if I should cuddle up i the shower and just cry.

Wipe yes, lets restart without cheats. Do these lame changes? NO, it will almost surely kill the game off.

Strongly disagree, the mechanics that are described work fine in EVE. If there is no more claiming mechanics or its replacement on the PVE servers, I think to move to PVP.