Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

A croc destroyed my sloop???

This entire day I've spent farming to build a sloop.

No, that's incorrect.  I spent HALF the day farming to build a sloop.  I spent the other half of the day watching crocs wipe every living thing off my island, including me DOZENS of times.  I watched them crawl on my raft and dare me to come close.  I watched them rip my house to shreds trying to get to me. I I watched them slam into my shipyard trying to chase a stoopid parrot.   And I'm not talking one or two occasionally.  I'm  talking every 10 minutes 3-7 crocs were in my claim forcing me to drop everything I was attempting to do to deal with them.  I got to the point that I'd stop work, strip myself naked and just run around punching crocs to death so that I could actually play the damned game.  If I didn't, it became impossible to farm for resources because by the time I returned there'd be a mob of them standing outside my door.

But... to have them destroy my sloop before I even had a chance to learn how to sail it???  This croc somehow managed to jump on my ship, something I couldn't even do... smash my bed, kill me and then rip the side off the hull.   A LEVEL 4 CROC MIND YOU!

There's a fine line between challenge and BULLSHIT!  I don't mind a challenge.  That... however... is complete and utter BULLSHIT!

There should NOT be 50 crocs on ONE STINKING ISLAND!

• Thanks 1

Same problem, we had dropped a claim on an island and tried to start building, but got swarmed under by constantly respawning snakes, crocs, and wolves popping back in as fast as we could kill them for about two hours to the point we had to use our fists because all our weapons had broke and we didn't have time to gather mats for even spears they were coming so fast.  It's insane. 

Predator spawns need to be toned down, and they shouldn't be able to spawn in within aggro range.