Forefrost

Server Wipe peace I'm done thanks for sinking your own game.

1 hour ago, DAZE said:

the only differenses between those games are map size and taming systems, almost all other mechanics are same.

yes, atlas has age, but everything else is same

It's mainly the size of the game really you can't make big sweeping changes like this without wiping the world. 

7 hours ago, Forefrost said:

I put too many hours into this game to have it all server wiped. thanks, devs for sinking your own game no one knows how to sink their own ship as fast as an Atlas dev does.

gtfo.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

It's mainly the size of the game really you can't make big sweeping changes like this without wiping the world. 

no, they did it many times in ark, just wiped bases on regions they were redesigning, never wiped servers or chars

• Like 1

Just now, DAZE said:

no, they did it many times in ark, just wiped bases on regions they were redesigning, never wiped servers or chars

This is not Ark

7 hours ago, mastro_akq said:

They listen and make changes as fast as they can. Better than a lot of other dev teams their size. If its a full wipe their will be enough new and good stuff to start all over again. Better be thinking ahead.

But a total wipe is necessary. Everyone starts over, no unfair advantages this time. Look, when the servers reboot back up after the wipe, some fixes that will improve the game will be way less gate spam, pillar spam, foundation spam. New content, bonus XP for ONE character to level faster, and hopefully some other stuff folks have mentioned.

One of many future wipes before launch

1 hour ago, Realist said:

True but they are still losing their stuff. That is just something we can keep in mind to feel like a win on the little guys part.

sure nothing will change later on but for now the Megas are losing all their stuff lol

They don't care about "their stuff" they care about relative strength compared to everyone else, and hours after a wipe they will be exponentially more advanced than before compared to everyone else. 

1 hour ago, DAZE said:

Because they never did it in their previous games ( ark 2 years in ea 0 wipes, DnL same).

Thats why we are confused and feel bad

ark did have wipes

9 hours ago, Forefrost said:

I put too many hours into this game to have it all server wiped. thanks, devs for sinking your own game no one knows how to sink their own ship as fast as an Atlas dev does.

Calm down Francis.  I've played on unofficial servers that had to be wiped.  It's not that bad.  Fun actually.  This is a game, not life.  You aren't actually losing anything.  It would be different if only some grids were being wiped.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forefrost said:

If you purchased an Early Access game and weren’t prepared for the possibility if not the probability of multiple wipes over the course of 2 years, that’s on you regardless of whether the game succeeds or fails.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Calm down Francis.  I've played on unofficial servers that had to be wiped.  It's not that bad.  Fun actually.  This is a game, not life.  You aren't actually losing anything.  It would be different if only some grids were being wiped.

I played on Unofficial servers that didn't need to be wiped.  They just kind of disappeared in the middle of the night (due to bills not being paid, maps in clusters being changed, etc).  The very first Ark server I ever played on was discontinued after less than three months of me being on it because the streamer running it moved on to different games.  That was only the first of many fresh starts.

And as for Ark never fully wiping the official servers...yeah.  That's why the build system was never improved.  They didn't want to wipe everything.  

3 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

I played on Unofficial servers that didn't need to be wiped.  They just kind of disappeared in the middle of the night (due to bills not being paid, maps in clusters being changed, etc).  The very first Ark server I ever played on was discontinued after less than three months of me being on it because the streamer running it moved on to different games.  That was only the first of many fresh starts.

And as for Ark never fully wiping the official servers...yeah.  That's why the build system was never improved.  They didn't want to wipe everything.  

Yeah, wipes can be a good thing.  It sucks at first, but then you just get back into the business of rebuilding.  Sucks less than getting wiped by another company, and people don't tend to leave over that, unless they are just weak.

Lets Bet. Under 1k players in 3 Days?

I bet 5000 Gold on it!

Under 500? Maybe soon! They lost me, maybe to the Official Release i come back but this? This is not Acceptable!

And i came from Rust, because i didnt except Wipes, and a bit more Progress that stays. If i wanted Montly Wipes, i would go back to Rust.

Early Access is not the Answer to this Question. Its Incompetence!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN I DONT UNDERSTAND EARLY ACCESS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

giphy.gif

Expect more wipes to come before it is a finished game.  People, like you are the only reason many of us have to suffer through not have em more often. lol.

They really should maybe wipe every month while they are still implementing several changes to the game to clear out the old leftovers.  imo

15 hours ago, Tanchyon said:

They don't care about "their stuff" they care about relative strength compared to everyone else, and hours after a wipe they will be exponentially more advanced than before compared to everyone else. 

Don’t really care about that. Just cool they are losing 2 months of playing 24 hours a day 😂

23 hours ago, Forefrost said:

Game is about to get better and have a higher pop, wrong time to leave forever imo

19 hours ago, Caldrin said:

But they were no MMOs and a very different type of game.. basically very mall scale compared to this.

Major changes to the world or main game systems will nearly always require a wipe. 

Don't know if you checked the numbers recently, but this is basically small scale now and getting smaller.

9 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

You mean the stuff that’s gonna disappear? 😜

You can have mine 😂

Heat is just wiped and up with Alpha 10.

I hope the devs get harsh punishment by  the shrinking player base. 

This kind of wrong decisions caused me to leave Ark. This was when servers opened to invasion by chinese megatribes.

These Wildcards never learn from their mistakes.

Edited by Talono

1 minute ago, Talono said:

You can have mine 😂

I'm good. Civ 6 expansion Gathering Storm has me dodging floods, tornadoes and volcanic eruptions.  I might give Star Citizen a look, but my gaming buddy doesn't have the RAM requirements on her rig.

12 minutes ago, Talono said:

You can have mine 😂

I hope the devs get harsh punishment by  the shrinking player base. 

This kind of wrong decisions caused me to leave Ark. This was when servers opened to invasion by chinese megatribes.

These Wildcards never learn from their mistakes.

How is Heat just bought it havent had a chance to try it yet. 

18 hours ago, Caldrin said:

This is not Ark

It's not. Someone forgot to send the devs that memo. Same base code, same engine, same mechanics. Don't fool yourself, this is Ark, just re skinned, re packed and sold as a bold new idea by the same devs who can't seem to find away to think to far outside the Ark box. Hell they even make the same mistakes they made in ark