Forefrost

Server Wipe peace I'm done thanks for sinking your own game.

I put too many hours into this game to have it all server wiped. thanks, devs for sinking your own game no one knows how to sink their own ship as fast as an Atlas dev does.

• Like 1

They listen and make changes as fast as they can. Better than a lot of other dev teams their size. If its a full wipe their will be enough new and good stuff to start all over again. Better be thinking ahead.

But a total wipe is necessary. Everyone starts over, no unfair advantages this time. Look, when the servers reboot back up after the wipe, some fixes that will improve the game will be way less gate spam, pillar spam, foundation spam. New content, bonus XP for ONE character to level faster, and hopefully some other stuff folks have mentioned.

Edited by mastro_akq
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Forefrost said:

I put too many hours into this game to have it all server wiped. thanks, devs for sinking your own game no one knows how to sink their own ship as fast as an Atlas dev does.

Bye.

• Like 1

You honestly should always expect things like this in EA, it is EA, after all.. This game is going to be great, if the devs make this update great, and keep going with it..

• Like 3

never had EA wipe on me before alpha and beta yeah but EA that's a first for me

Edited by Mrbiggs

6 hours ago, Forefrost said:

It's an MMO in early access it will probably have many more wipes to come..

I don't know why anyone would have thought otherwise. 

• Like 3

Because they never did it in their previous games ( ark 2 years in ea 0 wipes, DnL same).

Thats why we are confused and feel bad

• Like 1

Still amazes me how people think there is going to be no wipes. You can't expect them to change systems around and everyone carry on as normal, how is that fair? It isn't.

People need to take their heads out of the sand now if they want to avoid more disappointment because this won't be the only wipe, id put money on it.

Edited by DannyUK
  • Like 2

Its Early access you should always have that in the back of your mind that there could be a wipe at any time. People getting mad over it need to move on. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mastro_akq said:

Look, when the servers reboot back up after the wipe, some fixes that will improve the game will be way less gate spam, pillar spam, foundation spam. New content, bonus XP for ONE character to level faster, and hopefully some other stuff folks have mentioned.

haha, do you even seen a lawless right now ? And guess what, people can build everywhere after the wipe, so they can stop at EVERY island, spam foundations down and move to the next one. Yeah really good ! Oh and the new content you talking about, you won't be able to aces it right away. So you get nothing new in that point

I lived on lawless as a solo player so yes. I didn't bother to pillar spam either. I did my best and got wiped several times. Then finally found a tribe again. But if its as you say and after the wipe there is gate spam, pillar spam, and foundation spam, then no point in even wiping just continue development as is.

5 minutes ago, DAZE said:

Because they never did it in their previous games ( ark 2 years in ea 0 wipes, DnL same).

Thats why we are confused and feel bad

But they were no MMOs and a very different type of game.. basically very mall scale compared to this.

Major changes to the world or main game systems will nearly always require a wipe. 

• Like 1

ff14 did full over haul and remade there game and i still got to keep my lvls

• Like 4

I mean the new content is all of the changes to the current content. they had 40k+ players at the start. It's slowly died down as people got tired of the current system, being raided constantly etc etc. Some people have persevered due to being the problem or in a big company or many other countless reasons. Some people only recently started. The wipe with all the BIG changes puts everyone back on the same field. Will probably bring in a lot of people again to test out the new system (A good thing if you want feedback across the spectrum of people on your game) and people will play for a bit, give feedback, they will make changes, possibly have some huge content updates or tweaks down the road and do the same thing again. 

They probably SHOULD have wiped the Ark servers during EA. Most EA games that are mmo based wipe after EA,Alpha/Beta. Sometimes they give you cosmetic or other items to prove you were i the Alphas/Betas (which they are doing in here) and then they clean wipe. I think its one of the smartest moves they have made next to actually making sweeping changes based on player feedback. It gives me true hope that this game will be what it should be by the end of the EA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mastro_akq said:

I lived on lawless as a solo player so yes. I didn't bother to pillar spam either. I did my best and got wiped several times. Then finally found a tribe again. But if its as you say and after the wipe there is gate spam, pillar spam, and foundation spam, then no point in even wiping just continue development as is.

It's going to be worse i think. Now you have claims, so if someone has a few flags down, they can protect resources because nobody can build between all the resources and prevent them from respawning. So after the update, people will be able to build everywhere. So you will see more foundation spam, more big gates to lock off metal nodes etc, so nobody can build there. They should have kept flags, limit it to 1 flag a person, or 25 max for a company.

2 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

But they were no MMOs and a very different type of game.. basically very mall scale compared to this.

Major changes to the world or main game systems will nearly always require a wipe. 

the only differenses between those games are map size and taming systems, almost all other mechanics are same.

yes, atlas has age, but everything else is same

6 hours ago, Forefrost said:

Look on the bright side. All of the Megas are losing on their stuff soon. That’s always a good thing

Haha thats true, but the „megas“ can replace it much more easy.

• Like 1

yeah there going be strong with the wipe lol going know just what to do and with force

Just now, Talono said:

Yeah. But doesn’t it feel a little good knowing they are losing it? You don’t have to admit it but I know it feels a little good 😉 🤫

1 minute ago, Talono said:

megas will concuer everything even faster as they already know what to do, they ll be fully set as prewipe during 1st week, except of bps

• Like 1

Just now, Mrbiggs said:

yeah there going be strong with the wipe lol going know just what to do and with force

True but they are still losing their stuff. That is just something we can keep in mind to feel like a win on the little guys part.

sure nothing will change later on but for now the Megas are losing all their stuff lol

Megas are always going to be stronger in basically every aspect do to the numbers. I dont see how people think after the wipe its going to be any different. What the devs should have done was make the company player limit max out at 50 or 100 people. That would have been the only thing that would somewhat help smaller companies.