Sign in to follow this  
Congo

Time for some positivity

First off Devs.....great work. I have to admit, you guys are absolutely making the correct changes. Not all will work, but I truly believe after watching this stream we are in good hands. I hope  you guys weren't watching chat during it. Ive never seen so many trolls in one chat in my life.

Second, keep pushing into MMO territory. This game has an absolute amazing chance at being the end all for MMO/PVP. The war system is also very intelligent. We all need to keep in mind we are still a year and a half away from coming out of early access so there will be a lot of re balancing to come. 

The wipe is also 100% reasonable considering the massive changes. Anyone complaining about it honestly is ridiculous. This is Early Access. Not the third year post release.

Keep up the good work Devs!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/1/2019 at 2:12 AM, Congo said:

Second, keep pushing into MMO territory. This game has an absolute amazing chance at being the end all for MMO/PVP.

This is my idea too, it has soo much potential. I sincerely hope the take time for fine tuning and don’t make the changes too big at once. Yes there are issues but there is also a lot of good stuff that can be lost so please be carefull! 

If people play 100’s of hours and then start complaining about reasons that keep from putting in 1000’s you know you’ve got something. I hope this project has the funding it needs to pull trough this low player count times and gets a promo budget when it launches for real!

Money will flow in when you get this right. Then you know the mechanics you need to balance this mmo pvp thing you can port it over to all kinds of worlds and contextes. Why not make a space one wher you have space battles and raid space stations or a flying ship one with floating islands, dungeins and wizzards, loads of possibilities!

• Like 3

On 2/28/2019 at 8:12 PM, Congo said:

First off Devs.....great work. I have to admit, you guys are absolutely making the correct changes. Not all will work, but I truly believe after watching this stream we are in good hands. I hope  you guys weren't watching chat during it. Ive never seen so many trolls in one chat in my life.

Second, keep pushing into MMO territory. This game has an absolute amazing chance at being the end all for MMO/PVP. The war system is also very intelligent. We all need to keep in mind we are still a year and a half away from coming out of early access so there will be a lot of re balancing to come. 

The wipe is also 100% reasonable considering the massive changes. Anyone complaining about it honestly is ridiculous. This is Early Access. Not the third year post release.

Yup they are doing a great job... here is the results...

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/834910,346110,221100#3m

If you guys are wondering 3 months time, dayz has more players today then Atlas. Dayz is horrible still after 7 yrs of development. We now have a spike of approx 3k players playing today, it will go up a tad but the same applies to dayz. Dayz is so boring now. Yet Ark? still is showing more players playing then both x4. Go figure..... Dont address the concerns of the players and this is how your game turns out. Not enough to support servers. Yet dayz also has private servers. Your not required to cluster up huge costs to run the game 150x 50 servers. Whatever... we wont go there.

But its EA everyone will say? well truth be told each of those games are still in EA, remember when ARK released DLC in EA then gobbled up all the ideas from modders? still EA if you ask me.

Edited by Sneakydude
  • Like 1

Yes fantastic job devs ROFL ! To the thread author : Dont type when drunk !

Devs are destroying a fantastic game design by replacing it with a slave empire system combined with a unneccessary wipe.

Here you see the result of devs „fantastic new concept.. good work !“

https://atlas.hgn.hu/

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 7:12 PM, Congo said:

I do not play PVP, but I will say that I did purchase this game because there was a PVE option. Since the devs do support the type of game play that I enjoy, I am happy that they are trying to define a difference between play styles. It is obvious that a large company in PVP is the best idea but in PVE it really doesn't matter. In short, I hope they stay on this logical path, but.....

I see a major flaw....

As a software developer there are some considerations that need to be made. First, PVP is not the same as PVE, so, can you have the same code for both? What I mean is that if they cannot utilize configuration settings to make PVP different from PVE then they will need two code branches. I'm hear to tell you that they will not have two code branches, one for PVE and one for PVP. This means the same systems(code) will be in place for both but with configuration differences between them. Considering that a majority of players (probably) will play PVP that would be the main branch and configuration changes will need to be made for PVE.

Simple enough really, good luck DEVs!

Respectfully,

WCJoker

5 hours ago, Talono said:

Devs are destroying a fantastic game design by replacing it with a slave empire system combined with a unneccessary wipe.

Wipe had to come, that duped stuff was insane... unfair advantage if you ask me, but lets now see if they take us seriously with the aimbot esp hacks floating around.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Talono said:

they do a better job than you crying in every thread.

• Like 1

It's hard to be positive when the player count has dropped another 37% this month. It's clear that the devs have taken the game very much in the wrong direction with this forced PVE safe space bs on PVP servers.

PVP players bought this game to be a pirate so they could go on a server and murder and pillage other folk's bases and fight naval battles. The moment you take that away and limit their freedoms then you end up with a dead game and the statistics are saying we have nearly reached the end game at this point.

46 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

It's hard to be positive when the player count has dropped another 37% this month. It's clear that the devs have taken the game very much in the wrong direction with this forced PVE safe space bs on PVP servers.

PVP players bought this game to be a pirate so they could go on a server and murder and pillage other folk's bases and fight naval battles. The moment you take that away and limit their freedoms then you end up with a dead game and the statistics are saying we have nearly reached the end game at this point.

The farming alone is not what i call being a pirate on pvp... i wont be doing that too much this time around. They need to up the rates some, like i saw in A1 server. Easier to work with.

You see, this is why in college, they teach you not to be overly impressed with stats, charts, graphs, etc...  Alone they mean nothing.  You must first test the validity of the "facts," and then you must view them in context.

For instance, if a town that that had high crime, now allows open carry of guns, and gun related deaths suddenly spike, the opponents will instantly toss that stat up as proof that it was a bad decision.  However, viewed in context, what it may show is that there was mostly an increase in people using guns in self defense, and that rate of violent attacks on innocent people is now falling.  In other words, the wolves are learning that the sheep now have fangs also.

The same goes for player numbers in this game.  Many people loved the thought of this game.  Many did not because of who was making it, and what they knew of ARK.  Offline raiding is something that most people do not like.  It is the #1 reason that people left this game.  Some will claim that network problems and bugs were, but no, people understand that those things come with EA, and get fixed.  People were tired of how long it took to create things, and how easy it could be taken away, especially when they were sleeping, or at work.  When that issue is solved, they need to do an interview with as many gaming news outlets as possible, so the word can get out that this is no longer a problem.  When word gets out, people will come back, and those that never joined because of the offline reputation of ARK, will also join.