xenobiaa

New pvp changes are trash.

8 minutes ago, Willard said:

No, even if it has 24 hours cooldown I can fight back. I know when they come and I can make preparations. U can´t do shit about offline raiding rn. It could be a week just like your 24 hours, you are just guessing 😉 Griefing with war tokens, lol 😄

I'm gonna drop war tokens on you weekly during the middle of the week just to keep u awake for the 24 hours while I  laugh that u r taking days off work and staying up all night over a video game lol hope u have alot of vacation and sick time ready

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:38 PM, Alasson said:

I work and study.

pls lets me sleep and be able to enjoy this game too. Thanks.

Make this game a bit more casual is better for your and the game health

Yeah I have a full time job with shift work that means with the new raid timers I wont be able to do crap It also ruins the game for Australian and Asian players unless they get their own server.

There is going to be serious abuse of this system by Megas

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, labatts said:

I'm gonna drop war tokens on you weekly during the middle of the week just to keep u awake for the 24 hours while I  laugh that u r taking days off work and staying up all night over a video game lol hope u have alot of vacation and sick time ready

They already do this in the Gloria Victis game and its the biggest killer of the game population you get "state of war" a 2 hour window where a castle if it gets tokened is attackable then you get all the SA , EU and US guys from same faction cramming into the server and sitting in that keep for two hours scratching their butts . Total waste of time total way to ruin PVP.

@Devs if you really care about your game you will have two servers :-

1- Soft PVP with new ruleset

2- Hard PVP whole map is lawless no timings no tokens crap

So true PVP`rs can enjoy PVP and weaker PVP`rs can enjoy the hybrid

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, labatts said:

Guess u will have a really good time farming for those war tokens u won´t even use to fight someone 😉 And don´t worry, I play in a pretty big company so I really don´t need to stay awake at night all the time 🙂

18 minutes ago, slightlymad79 said:

They already do this in the Gloria Victis game and its the biggest killer of the game population you get "state of war" a 2 hour window where a castle if it gets tokened is attackable then you get all the SA , EU and US guys from same faction cramming into the server and sitting in that keep for two hours scratching their butts . Total waste of time total way to ruin PVP.

True PVPrs 😄 I totally forgot true PvPers wait for someone to go offline and then raid him 😄 lol ...

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:06 AM, mrfoxtrot said:

I bought a PVP game. I also paid for a second alt account. I'll be going out of my way to try to get it refunded. There are players that clearly should have been playing on PVE or unofficial servers, which cater to their needs. Rewrapping the entire game according to the 10% of players whining on the forum is akin, and as brilliant, as a restaurant changing their menu ONLY pursuant to the negative reviews they get on yelp.

While certainly, there are people who can start all over and enjoy it, and a few more who will hop in and start out fresh; most don't have the luxury of sinking the time in all over, and doing the SOS all over again. Like anything, 10% of your players are probably 90% of your steam chart player count; and most of those are the ones that you're going to drive off.

Changing the game entirely from PvP to forced solo-bob PVE is not what I paid for, and not what was ever advertised or demonstrated. 

I agree , I would not have bought it . 

Refund plz

I bought a pvp game too. This game also has 2 pve servers for people that dont want to fight.

The fights in this game have been spectacular. The raids, the defenses, the sea battles, all of it amazing if you are involved with a decent size company.

I think whats happening here is the small groups and solo players that did not experience anything but being wiped out due to lack of man power are complaining and bringing about these horrific game changes. 

Now in the name of player/number retention. The rulesets even for pvp are changing in order to let people keep their bases and not be wiped. A good change from a business stand point, a bad change if you wanted a pvp game like I did.

Unfortunately, the 2 cannot coexist I fear.

And you know what else is laughable. The fact they even had rankings for the 2 pve server they did have. 

Let's make everyone feel important. Hahaha

Edit: The upcoming update basically is converting the 2 existing pvp servers into pve. Let's call it what it is. Without base raiding, without claiming, its random boat fights sometimes. Thankfully we can fill the remaining boredom with submarine trips to a trench in the ocean.

Edited by Bandit_Black
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, slightlymad79 said:

Yeah I have a full time job with shift work that means with the new raid timers I wont be able to do crap It also ruins the game for Australian and Asian players unless they get their own server.

why? not every timer will be in the same hour ^^
And the real game has to be on sea, not on bear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alasson said:

why? not every timer will be in the same hour ^^
And the real game has to be on sea, not on bear.

Uh no the real game is land and sea. 

9 minutes ago, labatts said:

Uh no the real game is land and sea. 

still 90% of land fight was Bear vs Walls. why that?

or Explosive barrels vs docked ship... wow """pvp"""

or ninja claim to put mortar

or naked men running around spamming flag

Edited by Alasson
  • Like 4

Just split the demographics.

Add extreme PVP servers and Casual PVP servers.

9 hours ago, slightlymad79 said:

Pretty much agree with this.

• Like 1

Exactly because of the preceding arguments and because every player should play the game as he can, the upcoming changes in the game with the wipe date are just right to 150%! For everyone else I suggest developing Survival of the Fittest for Atlas or suggesting some new DLCs Battle Royal to the developers...

10 hours ago, slightlymad79 said:

True PvP'rs wouldn't raid someone offline, because that's not PvP, because you're not fighting players, you're attacking buildings/NPCs/chests/doors/etc.  Guess you're not a "true" PvPer.

21 hours ago, labatts said:

That is why they are coming out with the new PVP ruleset. The problem I have with that is the 15 hours of PVE time where landowners have god mode on where you can not attack them. I dont even care about the raiding at this point. But to have a system put in place where people cant be attacked but can fight you without taking any damage is completely broken IMO. I have never tried EVE. Atlas is not EVE stop comparing just like atlas is not ark. the example you use is 1 form of pirating there are others besides that one. 

You still can attack there ships. Anker is up... You can attack. Sailing in grid you can attack.  You can block the whole island so the can not sail in our out. Siege... 

But attacking the settlement to need to plan. 

You need to make tactical decision to attack and not just naked run blow buildings without pvp.  

This is real people versus people... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, slightlymad79 said:

well the Asians can start fighting each other now. but the main fights are going to be in lawless areas.

3 hours ago, ragnar cook said:

well the Asians can start fighting each other now. but the main fights are going to be in lawless areas.

TBH there are so many ways players can abuse the system , I reckon we will see a lot of claim times from 1 am to 10 am leaving night crews to defend so the game will really only benefit megas more and no lifers more

14 minutes ago, slightlymad79 said:

TBH there are so many ways players can abuse the system , I reckon we will see a lot of claim times from 1 am to 10 am leaving night crews to defend so the game will really only benefit megas more and no lifers more

EU night crews can play on NA servers and the other way around. Bam, they play during prime time now and can enjoy a lot of online pvp.

Oh, but what if they want to offline raid like they are used to? ...

2 minutes ago, Willard said:

EU night crews can play on NA servers and the other way around. Bam, they play during prime time now and can enjoy a lot of online pvp.

Oh, but what if they want to offline raid like they are used to? ...

your missing the point , would you be happy if they set all the timers to be middle of the night for you so you got 0 PVP?

2 minutes ago, slightlymad79 said:

your missing the point , would you be happy if they set all the timers to be middle of the night for you so you got 0 PVP?

What is the probability of that? Its 9 hours. Lets say you play during EU nights and everyone on EU server has those vulnerability timers set to lets say 14:00 to 23:00. But you play at night which means you can't attack on EU with the exception of lawless / war / outside of Settlements.

You switch to US servers then. Your EU night gametime (lets take you play 0:00 to 6:00) means prime time for Washington D.C., New York and other US cities.

The only way how you would be screwed is that all EU players will set their vulnerability windows during day (when u cant play) and all US players will set their invulnerability to their prime time (and why the hell would they do that?).

U see? No chance for u not to pvp.

• Like 1

We wont know till it happens but my previous knowledge of games like GV which introduced these tokens and raid times literally stopped the PVP , players server hopped and the ones at the defence sat there twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do.

Token troll was the name of the game and im pretty sure that's going to happen here.

I don't like forced changes im all for 2 servers for PVP for 2 rulesets Hardcore and normal (new rules)

Put a gold wager on the war token.  

If the war is lost . The entire wager goes to the victor.

Make the wager double or triple if certain damage requirements are not met.

Prevents griefing of the war decs system.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, labatts said:

Lol are you 5 yrs old dude?

Fuck do you sound stupid.

Ark pvper alert...just recruit more players my dude. Eventually youl have enough to ensure you always win online fights.

You guys were killing the game pre wipe and are hell bent on killin it after the wipe. Pure cancer.

• Like 2

Everytime i read someone call themselves true pvper , i literally lmfao.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, znasser said:

Everytime i read someone call themselves true pvper , i literally lmfao.

Most people who rely solely on numbers or offline zergling to compete make comments like this. 

I'f you actually read..I have never called myself a "true pvper".  Lol

How dumb would that sound ?

I just like competitive gameplay. Pvp over shooting empty buildings .

I would rather fight a zerg any day than be in one. Alliances are needed and fun.

The current meta tho is just stupid, and boring.

Hence the dieing game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

Lol are you 5 yrs old dude?

Fuck do you sound stupid.

Ark pvper alert...just recruit more players my dude. Eventually youl have enough to ensure you always win online fights.

You guys were killing the game pre wipe and are hell bent on killin it after the wipe. Pure cancer.

Ah the your a kid statement nice lol. I for one play solo and enjoy that way more. But as for the war token I was using that as an example at what large companies are going to do to all the smaller landowners as a way to grief. Another one is when the large companies start using alt companies to war dec themselves so it makes them go immune for a determine  time just like people did in darkfall which is a game I am sure you know all about. I have suggested better alternatives to offline raid protection that would allow for the PVP to happen without the PVE times. A ORP that is similar to the one used in Ark but with tweaks. 

There are ways to grief any system. That's what patches are for. 

The 5 yr old statement was relevant. Read what I quoted.

Ark is a dogshit Game. Plz for the live of God stop bringing it up. 

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1