xenobiaa

New pvp changes are trash.

On 3/2/2019 at 4:29 AM, Alasson said:

that's something worth discuss, a land raid during "safe time" could be a good idea

Uh...I think the idea was to make it so that you cannot land raid during that time.  What am I missing here.  The idea is to allow people to have a life outside the game. 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:48 AM, vaylain said:

Screw you. You go back to ARK you pompous piece of crap. The only reason I can over to play this game was that it was extremely close to how ARK was played, minus the toxic "I must raid ever base" mentality and a new spice of the pirate life. Atlas was going awesome until this new PVP proposal. What a load of crap.

I didn't play much Ark to be honest and there is 0 need to flame me. The prior PVP was trash in this game or were you living under a rock and not playing because they killed the population faster than the incoming wipe made people not play. The changes are solid and will need some future adjustments I'm sure but the playstyle of griefing is over and the Ark like mentality of acquiring and holding land is a thing of the past

Edited by DGSixKado
grammer

ORP also has alot of issues. I mean first of all, i am pretty sure it will lead to less vulnerable times than the 9 hour system. And that is because most companies, dont even are on 9 hours a day. It leads to indestructable buildings everywhere when people start to log in less and less. There will be a huge crowd whining over this. It has the issue of logging off when danger is on the horizon and people will argue over and over again which is the best loggin delay - 15 minutes, 1hour, 2 hours...
Login retention is alot higher in the 9 hour system as people cant just log off for a couple of days and everything will be fine and dandy when they come back.
It is more complicated and needs more tweaks on a series of parameters. I dont say it couldnt work but i dont see why this can be considered as so much better than the 9 hour system.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, labatts said:

Or if enough people steup and are vocal about how this system is beyond flawed maybe they will change it and fix it for the better instead of making it worse like they are currently doing by alienating some of their playerbase. 

You haven't even tried it yet. Silly really. PVP is not PV(not logged in). Most of the moaners of the war dec system are just cowardly raid when not logged in anyway.

J

2 hours ago, hands solo said:

You haven't even tried it yet. Silly really. PVP is not PV(not logged in). Most of the moaners of the war dec system are just cowardly raid when not logged in anyway.

J

What are you even talking about ?? The new system limits alot of pvp  and i dont mean raiding talking about just sailing up and  sniping a fool which you wont be able to do anymore due to 15 hour pve time. Just give us a different form of ORP and keep it so open world pvp is left alone. 

Edited by labatts

On 3/3/2019 at 12:55 PM, Bandit_Black said:

This is not the majority of the current player base wants. This is what the majority of whiners who got wiped on pvp want.

Game breaking changes. PVP servers converted to PVE with small raid time windows.

I'm NA player and always played on EU with my clan, never wiped because we covered all time zones. Sorry if thats too difficult a task for you.

Sadly I fear the things that made this game fun, sneak attacks, ways to outsmart the enemy, harbor attacks late night (yes, build better defenses), are going to kill this game. The people screaming for these changes probably don't even play.

This is a company game, not a solo player game. The devs again don't play their own game so here we are about to suffer these semi aweful changes due to WOW style give everyone everything attitude. 

The same people begging for ORP will be the first to quit for the next battle royale game. We'll give this sub par ORP version a go but it sounds like the devs are ready to push the cosmetic shop so they need everyone back.

EDIT: ZERG (EU PVP) Recruiting for the next launch. NA players welcomed (Pirate clan from all countries). Find us on company list.

well said

On 3/3/2019 at 2:06 PM, labatts said:

I'm gonna drop war tokens on you weekly during the middle of the week just to keep u awake for the 24 hours while I  laugh that u r taking days off work and staying up all night over a video game lol hope u have alot of vacation and sick time ready

get out of here if you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation child.

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2019 at 5:04 PM, DGSixKado said:

he Ark like mentality of acquiring and holding land is a thing of the past

not true . . . . this only makes foundation spamming a thing of the current. you didn't play much ark, so it may not be apparent to you . . . . but if you don't want others building near you, just throw down stone foundations like there's no tomorrow. problem solved. except it will make servers run like shit, resources wont respawn, it sucks in general. but at least you wont have mega tribes holding all the land, lol. 

On 3/4/2019 at 5:02 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

The idea is to allow people to have a life outside the game.

Or you could stop trying to team up with the 5 friends you have outside the game, join a larger company and have fun and a life at the same time. I'll enjoy killing you with your own weapons at some point. 

7 hours ago, xenobiaa said:

I'm gonna drop war tokens on you weekly during the middle of the week just to keep u awake for the 24 hours while I  laugh that u r taking days off work and staying up all night over a video game lol hope u have alot of vacation and sick time ready

there's a limit to how often you can declare war on an island, so there really isn't any point of making threats if you don't bother reading the change logs. your vacation time is safe. 

• Confused 1

On 3/4/2019 at 7:31 PM, labatts said:

Ah the your a kid statement nice lol. I for one play solo and enjoy that way more. But as for the war token I was using that as an example at what large companies are going to do to all the smaller landowners as a way to grief. Another one is when the large companies start using alt companies to war dec themselves so it makes them go immune for a determine  time just like people did in darkfall which is a game I am sure you know all about. I have suggested better alternatives to offline raid protection that would allow for the PVP to happen without the PVE times. A ORP that is similar to the one used in Ark but with tweaks. 

Ok man great companies will use their alt companies to declare war on their islands. So according to you they will waste war tokens on their 10 Island to be at war right? Do you understand how expensive this will be? Do you realize everyone can attack them, build on those Islands during war, not just company who declares war to them?

According to you they will willingly waste their resources and allow everyone to fight them / build on their islands. And to do what, protect themselves? Haha, you are funny 😄

15 minutes ago, Willard said:

Ok man great companies will use their alt companies to declare war on their islands. So according to you they will waste war tokens on their 10 Island to be at war right? Do you understand how expensive this will be? Do you realize everyone can attack them, build on those Islands during war, not just company who declares war to them?

According to you they will willingly waste their resources and allow everyone to fight them / build on their islands. And to do what, protect themselves? Haha, you are funny 😄

Well how would people know the the island is under war ? I could understand randoms knowing if there was a server message but i doubt there will be. So only one that know they are at war would be the people that placed it. And for large / mega companies it wasnt hard to farm gold so war tokens will be easy. Also if this war makes it so no one can war them after its finished for lets say a week well then they have a week of immunity where they dont have to be worried about war taking place. You can laugh all you want but i have seen it done in many other games and wont be surprised when mega companies start doing it in atlas after the changes. 

1 hour ago, labatts said:

Well how would people know the the island is under war ? I could understand randoms knowing if there was a server message but i doubt there will be. So only one that know they are at war would be the people that placed it. And for large / mega companies it wasnt hard to farm gold so war tokens will be easy. Also if this war makes it so no one can war them after its finished for lets say a week well then they have a week of immunity where they dont have to be worried about war taking place. You can laugh all you want but i have seen it done in many other games and wont be surprised when mega companies start doing it in atlas after the changes. 

Everyone who has plans to attack megacompany needs to do some scouting. Which means they will know exactly if concrete island they want to attack is at war, before war or after war 😉 you can't attack megacompany without preparations man.

If its at war you can attack them immediately. If its before war u know exactly when you can start attacking and if its in protection u know exactly when you can declare war.

Edited by Willard

1 hour ago, labatts said:

There are a few points which we have to wait and see. How expensive will it be, is there an indicator of some form to show an Island is at War and how long will the immunity be.
By adjusting these three parameters it can be made abuse proof.

Also they have just adressed my personal points of criticism on the PVP system, which makes me pretty happy actually.

7 minutes ago, aladinf said:

There are a few points which we have to wait and see. How expensive will it be, is there an indicator of some form to show an Island is at War and how long will the immunity be.
By adjusting these three parameters it can be made abuse proof.

Also they have just adressed my personal points of criticism on the PVP system, which makes me pretty happy actually.

I agree there is alot left unexplained which IMO they need to start adressing. Also if you are drop a war token on island do you really want it to be known that could end up very badly and get way more randoms to show up to grief. what did they address?

I was concerned that because of the 4 company allies, Island defences would be a mess with alot of friendly fire when you have alot of small companies building on your island - now there is a neutralstatus for settlers which will distinguish them

Now at least allied companies may be given the right to build and use cannons themselves

Demolishing by the owner only in the first 12 hours.

As to the war system: I played Darkfall for ages and in the later iteration they had a wartoken system which was working after a few adjustments. There was alot of discussion about wether the announcement should be global or regional (because of the roamers ruining the sieges) and most people wanted to have it regional (so maybe a couple of grids around). There is however the problem of the server limits which wasnt there in Darkfall (to that extent). On the other hand travel times were a bit shorter in Darkfall. In the end i dont expect this system to be working from the start and it will probably be never perfect.

Edited by aladinf

Question: For example Company A owns the island, and they have company B living on the island. Can a random company come and smash B, independent of A's protected timer? 

Or does B get to have their own timers? 
In short, is the timer tied to ownership of an Island's claim. 

Edited by ShoulderRabbit

10 minutes ago, ShoulderRabbit said:

Question: For example Company A owns the island, and they have company B living on the island. Can a random company come and smash B, independent of A's protected timer? 

Or does B get to have their own timers? 
In short, is the timer tied to ownership of an Island's claim. 

I took it as only the settlement owner gets the protection. everyone else can be attacked/ raided. 

5 minutes ago, labatts said:

I took it as only the settlement owner gets the protection. everyone else can be attacked/ raided. 

So short term, all of the small companies living on someone else's land can get offline raided freely as before. So the 'one cannon bear' attacks as people put it, will still be viable.
Doesn't this just follow the same trend as before?  
All this patch is doing is securing the large/mega companies further into controlling an Island. Stagnating the game. 

2 minutes ago, ShoulderRabbit said:

So short term, all of the small companies living on someone else's land can get offline raided freely as before. So the 'one cannon bear' attacks as people put it, will still be viable.
Doesn't this just follow the same trend as before?  
All this patch is doing is securing the large/mega companies further into controlling an Island. Stagnating the game. 

I could be wrong but the way i took it only the settlement owner got the protection. But you also have to remember if any of the setlement owner company is on during the 15 hours of PVE time they are running around the island with god mode, because during those 15 hours they cant be killed.

Edited by labatts

4 minutes ago, labatts said:

I could be wrong but the way i took it only the settlement owner got the protection. But you also have to remember if any of the setlement owner company is on during the 15 hours of PVE time they are running around the island with god mode. 

I don't believe the players have god mode. Only the structures. 

EDIT: Nevermind! I was wrong. Just checked the notes. 

Edited by ShoulderRabbit

3 minutes ago, ShoulderRabbit said:

I don't believe the players have god mode. Only the structures. 

EDIT: Nevermind! I was wrong. Just checked the notes. 

Yea so technically the owners are the defenses for ppl being offline but if they are offline as well then i guess there is nothing stopping people from offline raiding. 

Edited by labatts

So large/mega companies claim the Islands. All the small companies move in expecting protection, get taxed to cover the costs of the island for the next few months, and still get offline raided/wiped in the first few weeks. Because now they're the only target of raiders. 

E.g. I cant hit my actually enemies this evening, screw it, lets crap on some small companies living nearby instead. 

2 minutes ago, ShoulderRabbit said:

So large/mega companies claim the Islands. All the small companies move in expecting protection, get taxed to cover the costs of the island for the next few months, and still get offline raided/wiped in the first few weeks. Because now they're the only target of raiders. 

E.g. I cant hit my actually enemies this evening, screw it, lets crap on some small companies living nearby instead. 

I believe so but I could be wrong have to wait. But that is why i dislike this system they are coming up with and believe there is better options for ORP. 

Seriously guys, read the Notes again. Raid Protection is for the whole Island. Thats the point of it.

Assuming your right, I'm still not sure. Seems vague thus why I asked. 

That's meaning our core EU players can be free to attack people the entire raid period because it's easier to have our 15/20 thai guys do the protecting in their timezone. Definitely another helping hand for the megas. Albeit, feel sorry for the guys that don't play in the popularly unprotected timezones, they'll be bored out their minds of PVE. 

Potential death of the game inc. 

Edited by ShoulderRabbit