Jump to content

xenobiaa

New pvp changes are trash.

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, hands solo said:

Prove it fella - give me one pirate handbook or code or historical evidence, that says pirating includes raiding coastal towns and villages. Yes they probably did steal whilst mending their ships and hiding from nation naval fleets. They probably also raped women and stole children from such villages and coastal settlements, however they also lived in and even originated from such settlements and villages. The word pirate itself however was CREATED by the military and merchant traders but it was more readily merchant naval ships that encountered them AT SEA, due to their focus being on naval supply lines. Whole areas OF OCEAN were renowned for being prone to pirate attacks. The pirates again I stress - lived in the very villages and towns and settlements near to the coasts. Pirates rarely targeted pirates. PERIOD.

https://www.thoughtco.com/best-pirate-attacks-in-history-2136239

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, labatts said:

That is why they are coming out with the new PVP ruleset. The problem I have with that is the 15 hours of PVE time where landowners have god mode on where you can not attack them. I dont even care about the raiding at this point. But to have a system put in place where people cant be attacked but can fight you without taking any damage is completely broken IMO. I have never tried EVE. Atlas is not EVE stop comparing just like atlas is not ark. the example you use is 1 form of pirating there are others besides that one. 

Agreed atlas not eve thank fook. So you think that war dec should mean that it is immediate ability to attack. The landowner THAT HAS BEEN DECD against, so that A - they can prepare and be online and B - their defensive force is ready, you cant see how this makes perfect sense ? If they are not online for 24 hours and miss the war dec against them, you will still be able to raid their island. However in the case of atlas its the ISLAND that goes into lawless build - if you have a claim on an island even though you are not the owner of the island - you can now build canons etc to protect your claim whether the land owner is there or not. The whole island is decd against INCLUDING all tenants, the tenants can now and during that time of war dec against the island, build defensive positions, including building canons etc. It makes perfect sense.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hands solo said:

Agreed atlas not eve thank fook. So you think that war dec should mean that it is immediate ability to attack. The landowner THAT HAS BEEN DECD against, so that A - they can prepare and be online and B - their defensive force is ready, you cant see how this makes perfect sense ? If they are not online for 24 hours and miss the war dec against them, you will still be able to raid their island. However in the case of atlas its the ISLAND that goes into lawless build - if you have a claim on an island even though you are not the owner of the island - you can now build canons etc to protect your claim whether the land owner is there or not. The whole island is decd against INCLUDING all tenants, the tenants can now and during that time of war dec against the island, build defensive positions, including building canons etc. It makes perfect sense.

J

I never mentioned war dec at all. I'm talking about the 15 hours of invulnerability the landowners get every day. How does giving a company god mode for any amount of time in a pvp game not broken?  People should be able to kill each other at any point and at almost any place with the exception of freeports. I can understand giving buildings / ships a form of immunity which i disagree with but it is what it is as for players that's foolish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, labatts said:

That is why they are coming out with the new PVP ruleset. The problem I have with that is the 15 hours of PVE time where landowners have god mode on where you can not attack them. I dont even care about the raiding at this point. But to have a system put in place where people cant be attacked but can fight you without taking any damage is completely broken IMO. I have never tried EVE. Atlas is not EVE stop comparing just like atlas is not ark. the example you use is 1 form of pirating there are others besides that one. 

95% companies will have vulnerability window set like 15:00 - 24:00 which means a lot of pvp in prime time for EU players even outside of war time. If u prefer to play in a different time try US server (both EU and US is in Germany, pink isn´t the issue).

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Willard said:

95% companies will have vulnerability window set like 15:00 - 24:00 which means a lot of pvp in prime time for EU players even outside of war time. 

But not everyone can play between those times due to work or other real life responsibilities. Instead of giving everyone the orp like what ark used with base / ship immunity from damage while offline a company went offline they took it to a more extreme measure and will ruin PVP in general. As much as i dislike arks ORP that is what i would have preffered over what we are about to get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, labatts said:

But not everyone can play between those times due to work or other real life responsibilities. Instead of giving everyone the orp like what ark used with base / ship immunity from damage while offline a company went offline they took it to a more extreme measure and will ruin PVP in general. As much as i dislike arks ORP that is what i would have preffered over what we are about to get. 

Man don´t tell me you can´t play during EU or US prime time. They are practically the opposite.

Edited by Willard
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Patrik said:

The new system is trash because it interupts supsension of disbelief. That means the feeling of it being real or being there rather gets destroyed. First of all, the fact that you can build on an enemy island posing as neutral and then declare war is going to be the way to take over an island. That is unrealistic and boring. Scouting wich is one of the most fun aspects of the game will be gone. Before a war your enemy will walk around you island in total safety looking at what you have, testing out shooting angels and such. Thats arena PVP to me, not huge world open pvp, and destroys my suspension of disbelief.

Not being to be able to build cannons unless you own an island it boring as hell. Nobody will do that, everyone will want an island or quit if they cant have one.

The island owners will own you, do whatever they say or they remove everything you have built. Nobody is going to live like that, again everyone will own an island or they will quit. The only ones content living on your island and not owning it will be your enemy, and they will do it just because they are preparing for an attack on you. Trust me on this.

The new system is trash because it makes controlling the sea lanes, the actual sea-combat pointless. Today I can really own the sea, and if I do that a few days the ground attack will be much easier. And today on defence, no island has yet been lost if you own the sea. If your enemy wipes you, they still can not really take your island if you should own them at sea. Now they wil remove this? Thats is stupid!

The new system is trash because it simply removes this game from a full hardcore PVP game and makes in softcore. Like WordOfWarcraft Pvp or something, wich shouldnt even be called pvp in my opinion. 

All in all, the new system will alienate 90% of those that still play Atlas and love it, in hope that new people will join that dont like PvP. I dont think that will succeed for one thing, and since I want the this game hardcore its a disaster for me personally.

I waited for this game for 20 years, its the best game ever. Ofcource we need to wipe due to cheats and unbalances, but removing everything that I love about it and making it a game I probably wont find enjoyable at all, is ofcource something I am very sad about.

 

totally agree, the NGE of atlas (for those who know ^^) 😞

 

all that was needed is making offline raiding harder and bring it more on par with what you destroy so you think twice before doing it. 

for me wiping once for really big changes (could argue if the coming ones are big enough) would be ok but as they basically announced future wipes i find it hard to invest so much time again 😞 just sad cuz the game was really great until now and the new claim system just takes so much away that was fun too.

Edited by Xenom
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Willard said:

Man don´t tell me you can´t play during EU or US prime time. They are practically the opposite.

I'm NA but most likely play during EU primetime why would euros play NA when they have a EU server ? Also there is no way I want to play on the EU server. This new system is gonna be bad for anyone that doesn't play NA prinetime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, labatts said:

I'm NA but most likely play during EU primetime why would euros play NA when they have a EU server ? Also there is no way I want to play on the EU server. This new system is gonna be bad for anyone that doesn't play NA prinetime

Many EU players play on US servers and the other way around. They choose server according to their time capabilities. It´s completely up to you. There are simply 2 servers, 1 for EU timezone, second for US timezone. Players should choose where do they want to play. I can´t see any reason to play on US server when u can´t be online with majority of people. Outside of 1 reason and that´s offline raiding / griefing (like it´s now, many EU players play on US so they can offline raid/grief and the other way around).

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Willard said:

Many EU players play on US servers and the other way around. They choose server according to their time capabilities. It´s completely up to you. There are simply 2 servers, 1 for EU timezone, second for US timezone. Players should choose where do they want to play. I can´t see any reason to play on US server when u can´t be online with majority of people. Outside of 1 reason and that´s offline raiding / griefing (like it´s now, many EU players play on US so they can offline raid/grief and the other way around).

I shouldn't have to be forced to play on the EU server to have PVP when im from NA. All they had to do to fix the offline raiding issue was incorporate what others on the forums and discord asked for. When a company goes offline their stuff becomes invulnerable as much as i do not like it would work better than what they are about to do. And instead they took it to the extreme and now made it so a majority of the time PVP server is now PVE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, labatts said:

I shouldn't have to be forced to play on the EU server to have PVP when im from NA. All they had to do to fix the offline raiding issue was incorporate what others on the forums and discord asked for. When a company goes offline their stuff becomes invulnerable as much as i do not like it would work better than what they are about to do. And instead they took it to the extreme and now made it so a majority of the time PVP server is now PVE.

So u can´t play during NA prime time AND refuse to play on EU. Sorry man, it´s up to you. You are the minority which they won´t balance this game about. 

Edit: Ye, majority of those 24 hours are PvE because people work / or have school and sleep. Those are majority of players and those are the players they balance this game about. That minority which plays in a different timezone (and refuses to play on second server) or plays 24/7, sorry. U will have to accept those "only 9 hours" of PvP or just grind for war token and do your unlimited pvp wherever you want. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Willard said:

So u can´t play during NA prime time AND refuse to play on EU. Sorry man, it´s up to you. You are the minority which they won´t balance this game about. 

Edit: Ye, majority of those 24 hours are PvE because people work / or have school and sleep. Those are majority of players and those are the players they balance this game about. That minority which plays in a different timezone (and refuses to play on second server) or plays 24/7, sorry. U will have to accept those "only 9 hours" of PvP or just grind for war token and do your unlimited pvp wherever you want. 

Or if enough people steup and are vocal about how this system is beyond flawed maybe they will change it and fix it for the better instead of making it worse like they are currently doing by alienating some of their playerbase. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, labatts said:

Or if enough people steup and are vocal about how this system is beyond flawed maybe they will change it and fix it for the better instead of making it worse like they are currently doing by alienating some of their playerbase. 

gotta hand it to the devs, they seem very involved and seem like they want to listen to the community and change things according to what the majority of the player base wants to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, xenobiaa said:

gotta hand it to the devs, they seem very involved and seem like they want to listen to the community and change things according to what the majority of the player base wants to do.

This is not the majority of the current player base wants. This is what the majority of whiners who got wiped on pvp want.

Game breaking changes. PVP servers converted to PVE with small raid time windows.

 

I'm NA player and always played on EU with my clan, never wiped because we covered all time zones. Sorry if thats too difficult a task for you.

 

Sadly I fear the things that made this game fun, sneak attacks, ways to outsmart the enemy, harbor attacks late night (yes, build better defenses), are going to kill this game. The people screaming for these changes probably don't even play.

This is a company game, not a solo player game. The devs again don't play their own game so here we are about to suffer these semi aweful changes due to WOW style give everyone everything attitude. 

The same people begging for ORP will be the first to quit for the next battle royale game. We'll give this sub par ORP version a go but it sounds like the devs are ready to push the cosmetic shop so they need everyone back.

 

EDIT: ZERG (EU PVP) Recruiting for the next launch. NA players welcomed (Pirate clan from all countries). Find us on company list.

Edited by Bandit_Black
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has a statement been released explaining every single detail for the new rule sets?  I have not seen it yet.  Just wondering how so many people can talk about specifics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Has a statement been released explaining every single detail for the new rule sets?  I have not seen it yet.  Just wondering how so many people can talk about specifics.

Did you watch the live stream?

Clearly stated the claim system will be ORP protected for most of the day, your choice of times. War requires tokens (bought). Big clans are limited in lands they can take, 1 claim per island, otherwise ark building system if no claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I get that part, just seems people are mixing Anarchy update stuff with post wipe stuff into one big mess of misinformation.  Part of the reason I am posting less on the forums.  Lot of garbage info and people acting like cry babies instead of having intelligent conversations about perceived issues, bugs, etc and possible remediation steps.  

That is not directed at you.  Your response was rational and appreciated.  I should have been clearer in my post.  Not feeling well today and groggy.  

Edited by DocHolliday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

I get that part, just seems people are mixing Anarchy update stuff with post wipe stuff into one big mess of misinformation.  

Probably, And no, nothing on paper yet I know of, I'm sure there will be tweaks but the direction they are going is less than optimal imo.

This was a pirate pvp game. Have had some amazingly epic battles on sea and land. While we all needed a wipe. Lack of freedom is not the way to go, I'm just hating to see that go away. The claim system needed refinements. But it certainly feels like they are regulating to a point of trying to let everyone have everything, thus removing the strategy and diversity from tactics and war.

Ark never even had this many rules on official.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Bandit_Black said:

Probably, And no, nothing on paper yet I know of, I'm sure there will be tweaks but the direction they are going is less than optimal imo.

This was a pirate pvp game. Have had some amazingly epic battles on sea and land. While we all needed a wipe. Lack of freedom is not the way to go, I'm just hating to see that go away. The claim system needed refinements. But it certainly feels like they are regulating to a point of trying to let everyone have everything, thus removing the strategy and diversity from tactics and war.

Ark never even had this many rules on official.

No, this is "who is online 24/7 wins" game. There is no piracy in offline raiding and offline griefs. Sorry to tell you.

"Sadly I fear the things that made this game fun, sneak attacks, ways to outsmart the enemy, harbor attacks late night "

Lol this is typical offline hero 😄 Put your pants on and try some online PvP.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Willard said:

No, this is "who is online 24/7 wins" game. There is no piracy in offline raiding and offline griefs. Sorry to tell you.

@Willard What are you going to do when a company doesn't like look of your base and buys a war token and raids your base while you are offline ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, labatts said:

@Willard What are you going to do when a company doesn't like look of your base and buys a war token and raids your base while you are offline ? 

I will know they are coming before they actually come. So I can make preparations, call alliance, take a day off work etc. Then it will be fair and enjoyable fight because I will be able to fight back.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Willard said:

I will know they are coming before they actually come. So I can make preparations, call alliance, take a day off work etc. Then it will be fair and enjoyable fight because I would be able to fight back.

So when this happens every other day how will you prepare for that ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, labatts said:

So when this happens every other day how will you prepare for that ? 

It won´t because there will be cooldown between wars. 

Edit: Btw even if they raid us I still enjoy that. Because that is fair fight.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Willard said:

It won´t because there will be cooldown between wars. 

Yes ther will be a cooldown but what if its only a 24 hour cooldown. So meaing every 48 hours a company can grief you by war tokens. Doesnt this system seem quite flawed to you now ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, labatts said:

Yes ther will be a cooldown but what if its only a 24 hour cooldown. So meaing every 48 hours a company can grief you by war tokens. Doesnt this system seem quite flawed to you now ? 

No, even if it has 24 hours cooldown I can fight back. I know when they come and I can make preparations. U can´t do shit about offline raiding rn. It could be a week just like your 24 hours, you are just guessing 😉 Griefing with war tokens, lol 😄

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×