xenobiaa

New pvp changes are trash.

1 hour ago, aladinf said:

Seriously guys, read the Notes again. Raid Protection is for the whole Island. Thats the point of it.

Ok. Well if those guys are not on during the 9 hours then I guess it still is offline raiding. I was assuming what I pasted below meant for all non owners on the island was free to raid still whenever. Guess that pertains to lawless and the ruin islands only ?

Structures that are built on islands that are not Settlements can be raided at any moment.

Settlement owners must set a window of vulnerability, currently set to 9 hours, where their island is raidable. Outside of this window, players, structures and ships will not take damage from other players. 

Only a claimed island counts as a settlement. The part to which you are referring to is unclaimed islands where eg numerous companies settle but no one actually claims it. There will only be a Raid Timer if the island gets claimed.

And yes if the people are not on during the raidtime then this would still be considered as offline raiding. EG the raid window is from 15:00 to 24:00 and your company logs out at 23:00 then it can still be raided until 24:00 when everyone is offline.

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2019 at 10:00 AM, aladinf said:

Settlement owners must set a window of vulnerability, currently set to 9 hours, where their island is raidable. Outside of this window, players, structures and ships will not take damage from other players. 

Only a claimed island counts as a settlement. The part to which you are referring to is unclaimed islands where eg numerous companies settle but no one actually claims it. There will only be a Raid Timer if the island gets claimed.

And yes if the people are not on during the raidtime then this would still be considered as offline raiding. EG the raid window is from 15:00 to 24:00 and your company logs out at 23:00 then it can still be raided until 24:00 when everyone is offline.

lol are you kidding me? during hte 9 hour window you have more than enough warning and understanding to prevent a raid, git gud or rip

1 hour ago, xenobiaa said:

lol are you kidding me? during hte 9 hour window you have more than enough warning and understanding to prevent a raid, git gud or rip

I am not kidding you. I just explained the notes.

And of course raiding will be harder when you compare it to the way raiding currently works brcause it will be more likely that it involves PvP under the new ruleset

Edited by aladinf

On 3/10/2019 at 1:27 PM, aladinf said:

And of course raiding will be harder when you compare it to the way raiding currently works brcause it will be more likely that it involves PvP under the new ruleset

This a good thing.  Those who dislike PvP, will leave the game.  Those who like PvP, will stay.

Seeing a lot of bad information in these threads.  Can someone write up a thread explaining the new rule-set in detail so everyone is on the same page?  hint hint @Jatheish

6 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

This a good thing.  Those who dislike PvP, will leave the game.  Those who like PvP, will stay.

I think the biggest issue is people want to pvp when they want to pvp, the rest of the time its a off lining or crying situational thing when the sail looking for resources and are sunk. But when they do it? its perfectly ok.

They want a 4 man galleon crew with AI owning the seas, and do not have to work for it.

I'd love to see more 4 man Galleon crews sailing the seas.  I hate that more ships are sunk while anchored than at sea.  15 of my 16 ships were sunk while anchored.  Most of my companies vessels were sunk awhile anchored and thats with a wall around the entire island and an army of NPC's.  For every defense there is a way to crush it given proper planning, time and numbers.  Fun times. 

I hate sailing the seas and seeing very few vessels because everyone is farming to replace ships lost the night before.   I want to fight ships at sea.  I do not want to spend more time farming and building ships. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

I think the biggest issue is people want to pvp when they want to pvp

That's exactly why many people want rules and game mechanics that prevent offline PvO.  We had a base wiped because the guys we did a pseudo raid against, set up and waited for us to leave the server, then started wiping everything.  For some reason, this cluster doesn't send any death notifications when you are not in that server.  One of the guys sent me a picture of the wreckage.  Didn't actually bother me that things were wrecked.  What bothered me is that we were denied the ability to have some PvP fun.  So I simply replied.  "You aren't PvP players. 😂"  It was a simple statement of fact.  PvP players want to fight against other people, not AI that can't fight back.  Who gets a thrill out of lobbing a mortar onto an undefended ship, or base?  Anyone who does, is simply not a PvP player.  Like I have said, a whole lot of people who are bad at PvP, hiding in games that allow them to circumvent PvP action.  The Devs themselves have stated that many people left the game over this.  Aside from the initial server problems, game imbalances and bugs, most of which have been fixed, the number one reason people left the game, is the offline stuff.

When that wipe happened against us, the guys on the ship with me were all new players except one.  The others were seriously thinking about not playing anymore.  Again, not because the base was wiped, and ships sunk.  With the very high rates, that stuff is easy to replace.  What bothered them was the fact that the game allowed the attackers to wait for us to leave the server, and deny us the fun of fighting.  So instead of fighting that day, we spent the rest of the day finding a new base location, and rebuilding.  This is not fun for a PvP player.  As a PvP player, you know that you will lose some of the battles.  That's OK.  What you don't want, is to lose without even being able to fight.  THAT is what bothered those new guys I talked into buying the game.

The way i see it, is if ppl cant protect their shit the right way then they should not be crying off-lining when we have all times zones logging in.

Got a problem? higher someone from asia to protect you then. Like seriously guys stop your Fing whining when you add just 1 cannon to protect your shit.

Example i sat for 1 full month waiting until you built up your base and defenses, i go out as a pirate and find that 1 cannon only is firing at me. I land the boat, walk in to steal resources from your area and find out, HEy nobody is home, cool free shit.

I make a chair, i sit outside your base drinking my rum, waiting for you all to get out of your beds, few minutes later i get bored and decide to go raiding you.

Yup its happening, so no wonder why you get offlined.... ppl want to play the fing game not wait for joe blow to wake up and start playing a week later...

Pussy's

But i do respect people still, and try my best to be friendly, even if i can go all gold on you 🙂

we also cant fix dev bs either, its up to them to make NA = NA not eu and asia logging in on NA servers when everyone is still in bed, then the claim system sucked, then the exploits then the duping then the cheating. Ya the game is shit right now... so hopefully the devs start listening to players for real now and fix crap that is going on.

Don't sweep it under the carpet. Salty? for sure we all are now.

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

The way i see it, is if ppl cant protect their shit the right way then they should not be crying off-lining when we have all times zones logging in.

Got a problem? higher someone from asia to protect you then. Like seriously guys stop your Fing whining when you add just 1 cannon to protect your shit.

Example i sat for 1 full month waiting until you built up your base and defenses, i go out as a pirate and find that 1 cannon only is firing at me. I land the boat, walk in to steal resources from your area and find out, HEy nobody is home, cool free shit.

I make a chair, i sit outside your base drinking my rum, waiting for you all to get out of your beds, few minutes later i get bored and decide to go raiding you.

Yup its happening, so no wonder why you get offlined.... ppl want to play the fing game not wait for joe blow to wake up and start playing a week later...

Pussy's

But i do respect people still, and try my best to be friendly, even if i can go all gold on you 🙂

The rules are not going to protect anyone for a month.  It simply allows him to sleep, and work, without having his stuff destroyed by a kid who doesn't know what PvP is.  if you play at a time when others do not, that is your problem.  Find somebody to raid who plays when you do.

4 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

The rules are not going to protect anyone for a month.  It simply allows him to sleep, and work, without having his stuff destroyed by a kid who doesn't know what PvP is.  if you play at a time when others do not, that is your problem.  Find somebody to raid who plays when you do.

i see off hour players switching servers, na to eu and vice versa. which will be great for 9-5 people, but people like me that work from home when they want, my hours are fucked. 

21 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i see off hour players switching servers, na to eu and vice versa. which will be great for 9-5 people, but people like me that work from home when they want, my hours are fucked. 

So maybe the devs should put the servers up at 8pm to 11pm so we can raid you? and nobody else can play until then.

See the problem trying to play in a pvp server when your hrs are pve? Tough one isn't it, and so many others can not spend 20hrs online to build and protect stuff. It isnt a 2 hr pvp session its a 8 hr pvp session just to sail back home.... Not our fault they put in ark as atlas, maybe they will start learning that... nobody likes to farm all day and night just to spend 2 hrs of pvp time. I did warn them so many times this is not LIF.

Edited by Sneakydude

On 2/28/2019 at 6:24 PM, xenobiaa said:

The war system and timers on pvp and offline raiding sound like absolutely trash, some of the most fun ive ever had in this game were launching sneak attacks on enemy harbors and having them try to funnel out in a panic to meet us in battle, or defending against people trying to offline raid us but catching them in the middle and beating them back, honestly it sounds like everyone complaining about pvp as it is right now needs to seriously get better at the game or move to pve for a more relaxed experience. So what? you dont have the time to invest in the game? fair enough the devs should reduce the grind dramatically to compensate but changing the core mechanics because it supports offline raiding or attacking harbors to destroy enemy ships? give me a break, this is an extremely poor design choice for pvp and although i appreciate how interested the devs are in trying to fix issues i dont think any of these changes are going to really solve anything, And Offline raids are a thing because all of you smaller groups popcorn everything when bigger groups try to online raid you! i think the devs need to start paying a bit more attention to how the game is played at the top rather than listening to the 50 players at the bottom that cant get a foothold because they are unable to or unwilling to invest the time necessary to ensure they wont get wiped while they are offline.

PVP in hardcore survival games isnt for everyone, thats why there is always an option to join a bigger group, or just playing pve for a more relaxed experience. My clan takes in all sorts of players, pvpers pvers and everyone in between because both types are absolutely necessary when you play PVP. I seriously hope the devs think a bit harder about the changes before the big wipe day and change them according to feedback before people invest time into building, maintaining islands and waging war.

The thing is you do not get to dictate the way the game is designed. If enough players want the change then they will get the change and your whining won't do a thing. This is an EA game which means big changes can and will happen. This is one of them. I think all of those pvprs who are complaining about changes that aren't even in full effect should move on to another more grief friendly game.

Many of you are clueless, blind, or just dumb. Either way, everyone knows what PvP means. What you are failing to realize is that the MAJORITY of the players on the PvP servers don't login everyday and go PvP. Everyone here knows people that login and focus mainly on farming resources, or getting discovery points and maps, or base building with crazy defenses, taming and breeding creatures, hunting lvl 50+ ghost ships and whales, etc. Don't sit here and complain that you bought this game for PvP and the devs are ruining it for you. The devs are finally trying to make this more balanced for everyone. You sound like a bunch of sissies that never got a good whoopin from your parents. Those people that do all those things i listed are absolutely vital for any company that wants to succeed in this game. Deal with it or gtfo.

1 hour ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Many of you are clueless, blind, or just dumb. Either way, everyone knows what PvP means. What you are failing to realize is that the MAJORITY of the players on the PvP servers don't login everyday and go PvP. Everyone here knows people that login and focus mainly on farming resources, or getting discovery points and maps, or base building with crazy defenses, taming and breeding creatures, hunting lvl 50+ ghost ships and whales, etc. Don't sit here and complain that you bought this game for PvP and the devs are ruining it for you. The devs are finally trying to make this more balanced for everyone. You sound like a bunch of sissies that never got a good whoopin from your parents. Those people that do all those things i listed are absolutely vital for any company that wants to succeed in this game. Deal with it or gtfo.

As much as I want to disagree with your statement, I believe you are right. Its takes good farming and support to be a good pvp clan. Every pvp clan needs farmers. Its best if everyone has a good balance of pve and pvp for this game. 

And there does need to be some for of ORP or the no lifers can easily offline you. Thus eliminating pvp and just running through your hardwork base with minimal effort. Where is the fun in that?

Edited by Bandit_Black
  • Like 1

Nailed it. It was nice to see this thread end up somewhere logical. I called this nonsense a month ago and it's a breath of fresh air seeing the changes come through. The game wasn't meant to be Rust screwed Ark and spit out Atlas. It's meant to be it's own game. All these people crying about the changes are just upset that their gravy train got nerfed.

Did you ever think some of the people are not mad about the ORP and wanted some form of it but are mad that they are limiting pvp to a sense you cannot even attack people while they are online for possibly 15 hours. 

These changes are PVP Lite for the casuals and PVE players that want to dip their toes in a PVP server but not be attacked or have their feelings hurt. Atlas has become a game for snowflakes and players that hate competition. You can now run last in the race and still get a prize.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, labatts said:

Did you ever think some of the people are not mad about the ORP and wanted some form of it but are mad that they are limiting pvp to a sense you cannot even attack people while they are online for possibly 15 hours. 

Absofuckinlutely. I'm not here to toot my own horn but during the 1st 2-3 weeks after this game launched, i dont think there was a single person who sank more ships, killed more enemy tames, or popcorned more loot than me. I went on solo or duo adventures with hundreds of flame arrows and dozens of explosive barrels and gave Zonda and CSTG a major problem. As a matter of fact, i nearly got kicked from the Federation  because of how much shit i stirred up with the JP. But hey, i just went around, looking for land i wanted, and blew up everything that was on that island. Now...having a set time to attack...wtf? but i understand. I just wish these guys would give us a definitive date of when we can get back into it...because all bullshit aside, once the 20th arrives, and if theres no PTR or anything, they will lose a giant part of their community.

10 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

...and you never went to school? this is the 2nd post you made without breaking up your sentences.

50 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

...and you never went to school? this is the 2nd post you made without breaking up your sentences.

sorry sneaky i didnt know the internet grammar police  were still around.  plz dont write me a ticket.

product of the chicago public school system here, but if you cant understand anything that was said i can break it down for you if you'd like?

thanks for chiming in and keeping the conversation running smoothly.

On 3/13/2019 at 5:19 PM, Enki Anunnaki said:

Here is the thing...the population is now a fraction of what it once was.  The #1 reason people left, was offline raiding.  A Brigantine or Galleon takes a long time to build, unless on a boosted server, and people were upset at how easy they are to sink, and even easier to sink when you have no people online to protect.  They are tired of feeling guilty for not being able to hold off 30 people when they had 2 people online to look after tames.

6 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

These changes are PVP Lite for the casuals and PVE players that want to dip their toes in a PVP server but not be attacked or have their feelings hurt. Atlas has become a game for snowflakes and players that hate competition. You can now run last in the race and still get a prize.

The rules are removing the ability for snowflakes like you to avoid PvP.  No longer will you be able to suck, and get a prize, just because you lose in real life, and thus have no responsibilities outside of the game.  If you are asking for the ability to avoid PvP, and still win, you are NOT hardcore.  Hardcore is taking the side that has the worse tanks in WWIIOL, and still finishing in the top 25, every single campaign...only one of three using those tanks, in the top 100.  You aren't hardcore, so stop acting as if you are.  Hardcore players don't flop around on the ground, like a toddler, when their ability to avoid PvP is reduced.

4 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

they will lose a giant part of their community.

They could lose the entire active community, and gain 50 times that amount, if they get the offline raiding issue solved.  It's the #1 reason people left, and why so many people refuse to buy.  In a future infomercial/trailer, they will need to highlight the fact that offline is no longer possible.

I was the one who suggested the War Declaration system.  I did not suggest windows of vulnerability.  I suggested that the defender, within 72 hours, be able to set the window when the war could take place, and suggested 4 hours.  I also suggested a more open PvP system, that allowed more of a sand box feel, but added consequences through a reputation system.  The idea being that while it allows, and even encourages PvP, it slows it down by making people, and companies, act more realistic...think about what they are doing...not just pursue every last target of opportunity they see.  Even the most bloodthirsty pirates acted as reckless as people do in this game.  Some people want PvP all the time every time, as if logging in here should be like logging into a session of Battlefield 5.  This game will never thrive if it supports such notions.  It has the opportunity be much richer and deeper than just another arena for mindless zerg PvP.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

6 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

sorry sneaky i didnt know the internet grammar police  were still around.  plz dont write me a ticket.

product of the chicago public school system here, but if you cant understand anything that was said i can break it down for you if you'd like?

thanks for chiming in and keeping the conversation running smoothly.

Glad you found your nice bone, and not the salty one you posted prior... glad to have you on board.